Post your Keto dinner pics!

Options

Replies

• amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amy my wife just sent me a link to the chicken crust pizza the other day. Haven't tried making one yet. Did you make it? If so did you like it?

I have not tried it. I couldn't decide between pizza and chicken for dinner tonight so I filleted the chicken breasts thin, cooked them through then topped them with the pizza toppings I was craving, including homemade pizza sauce, and broiled them. I couldn't pick it up like pizza but it sure hit the spot.
  • rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    0a3q4xsfk0m2.jpg

That is a great idea! Thanks for the tip!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Amy my wife just sent me a link to the chicken crust pizza the other day. Haven't tried making one yet. Did you make it? If so did you like it?

Somewhere in these 10,000+ topics :p there is a pic of the palm of my hand with a pizza crust made with canned chicken. I've since read recipes using fresh ground chicken which might have a little more flavor but maybe not. Anyway, I used a small can of chicken (5 oz??) with the cheese and whatever else the recipe called for. It was OK from the perspective that, at about 6" in diameter, it was thin and still stiff enough to not flop with the weight of toppings (when I added them).

That was a year or so ago. I've not made one since as I'm more inclined to just eat pizza toppings when we have pizza. Seems I remember thinking it would be tasty with a few herbs mixed into it. The recipe I used called for it to be baked for X minutes then flip it, top it and bake again. It was kind of dry but held up to toppings.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Somewhere in these 10,000+ topics :p there is a pic of the palm of my hand with a pizza crust made with canned chicken. I've since read recipes using fresh ground chicken which might have a little more flavor but maybe not. Anyway, I used a small can of chicken (5 oz??) with the cheese and whatever else the recipe called for. It was OK from the perspective that, at about 6" in diameter, it was thin and still stiff enough to not flop with the weight of toppings (when I added them).

That was a year or so ago. I've not made one since as I'm more inclined to just eat pizza toppings when we have pizza. Seems I remember thinking it would be tasty with a few herbs mixed into it. The recipe I used called for it to be baked for X minutes then flip it, top it and bake again. It was kind of dry but held up to toppings.

Ah right on thank you for the tips! I noticed that about the Fat Head pizza dough recipe too. It's way better with some nice fresh or dried herbs mixed in. Last time I made it I used fresh from the garden herbs and it was way more flavorful. I'm like you I love the toppings more than the crust so I pile on really good toppings full of flavors to make it seem like an indulgence lol. Even mixing up different types of cheeses helps too. And Greek toppings like feta and olives etc.. mmmm! I'm gonna give the chicken dough crust a try on the next one.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    rkmeyer41 wrote: »
    e531zt2hpg2p.jpg
    Thanks Amy!

Looks verrrrryyy tasty!
  • rkmeyer41
    Options
    It was very good. But i got about 4 bites in and was done. The food i make this WOE is so rich l have a hard time finishing it. Is that normal?
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    jaz6tjpo3nvo.jpg
    xyxdm341lhz3.jpg
    3bnjpvxa2lss.jpg

Pork Rind Pancakes

https://www.ketoconnect.net/pork-rind-pancakes this is the link to this guys pork rind recipe

I made these today for breakfast OMG they are so good like eating a cornbread pancake so savory and so bread like or pancake like .. wow really you need to try them .

that whole plate less then 2 carbs !!
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Surf and turf for dinner lwgrd3ghxjbq.jpeg

Plus made up some food for lunches - stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon (cream cheese, spinach, mushroom, and broccoli) plus some turkey meatballs cooked in tinned tomatoes and topped with some cheese - slightly higher in carb but will be delicious - might make some zucchini noodles to have with it :-) s2c9wb7m0kyz.jpeg
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Porkrind pancakes - interesting!
  • mtraised74
    mtraised74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lbwxmjb9ood9.jpeg
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Everything looks delicious.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chicken Avocado BLT Salad based on the following recipe:
    https://www.thegarlicdiaries.com/blt-chicken-salad-stuffed-avocados/
    13x83p803up2.jpg
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Fathead Nacho Chips...I forgot to take a pic of the finished nachos topped with the meat, etc!
    https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-nachos/yjabpqs9i1d5.jpg
  • rkmeyer41
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    Fathead Nacho Chips...I forgot to take a pic of the finished nachos topped with the meat, etc!
    https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-nachos/yjabpqs9i1d5.jpg

I noticed the quart jar of what looks to be homemade salsa? Mine turned into Mexican stewed tomatoes this year. Any tips or recipes you can suggest?