TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Almost forgot about this. Haven’t posted in over a week sorry. I’ve tracked most my days over almost everyday I’m back up to 185 that’s 10 more than I should be right now.
    I have to make time to exercise but hard with to jobs.
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Carbs over
    Exercise no

@IanMoone30 Glad to see you're back, was starting to wonder!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: No, waaaay over
    Exercise: Yes, morning walk (back pain today)

Comments: soooo I had the sundae at the picnic... and I’m having my cheat meal at the Korean/Japanese restaurant also. Huge numbers—- not a good day. My back pain had me doing a mild walk today. Hoping I can jump back on the wagon tomorrow and just enjoy today. 😉

@SLIMn2016 I'm no stranger to back pain. Stretching and heat, those are what keep it at bay for me. i do several stretches and then put (moist) heat on it for about 20 mins, up to 3 times a day if it's really bad. Doing Olympic lifting, I'm a bit more proned to back pain than probably the average person, one false move and I can tweak it (and I'm still in the beginning stages so I have more false moves than more seasoned lifters) so I get it.
    And the key is getting back up when you fall, because we WILL fall...
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Report Sat 8 Sep

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 60 mins yardwork push mower, edging, weedeat. Walking with dog 32 mins

Hurricane tracking season. Already have a few brewing, one heading our way. Been thru my share, it doesn't get easier. Gov declared state of emergency today and prepardness.

@jcgator2016 I don't know you guys do it, I live in tornado alley (knock on wood), but that somehow seems better to me than living through a hurricane or several...
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Sortof--ate a bit under maintenance, but quite a bit more than I normally do
    Exercise:Also sortof, took 15 mins and did 150 squats, bodyweight only

Comments: I feel a bit guilty for this, but I ate at maintenance today. I decided that my arm is healing really fast and I ate a bit more than normal yesterday (but still way under) and I think that another day of eating a bit more will probably help my body heal faster, or at least that's what I believe and eating at a little bit higher for a couple days won't kill me. I think I'd much rather maintain for a couple days and get back to normal faster, rather than putting my body under more stress than needed and spend a longer time healing. Besides, there's still plenty of time to make up ground later in the week. It's just a bit frustrating to me mentally, I just need to remind myself, it's only a couple days, I might be good tomorrow, or Monday, but I'll be good for sure by Tuesday. (Here's to hoping it's tomorrow or Monday)
  • Nikki_1130
    Nikki_1130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: Sept 9th 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW = 243.8
    CW = 243.6

I went on a mini-break with my friend and she insisted we feast. So I did..quite willingly actually lol. as well as it was my sons birthday, so it hasn't been a great week for me and although I haven't really lost, I haven't gained either so I'm pretty relieved!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Nikki_1130 wrote: »
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: Sept 9th 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW = 243.8
    CW = 243.6

I went on a mini-break with my friend and she insisted we feast. So I did..quite willingly actually lol. as well as it was my sons birthday, so it hasn't been a great week for me and although I haven't really lost, I haven't gained either so I'm pretty relieved!

@Nikki_1130 You are like a machine! You have been crushing it for SO long, you deserve a mini break! Sounds like y ou enjoyed it too, good for you!!
  • AB0215
    Options
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hapy Sunday Team!!

Keep crushing your goals today!!

3jnbojokrlqi.jpg
  • mactigerr
    mactigerr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No loss this week guys sorry. 176.4
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    WTG SLIMSONS!!!! Lots of hard work this week from everyone---it's so motivating~!!

Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes/Under/IF
    Exercise: Yes, walk, 7 miles

Comments/Goals: This week my goal is to work around my back pain and keep calories low...hopeful that my bad back and Saturday's menu won't completely kill this week for me.

AB0215 wrote: »

@SLIMn2016 I'm no stranger to back pain. Stretching and heat, those are what keep it at bay for me. i do several stretches and then put (moist) heat on it for about 20 mins, up to 3 times a day if it's really bad. Doing Olympic lifting, I'm a bit more proned to back pain than probably the average person, one false move and I can tweak it (and I'm still in the beginning stages so I have more false moves than more seasoned lifters) so I get it.
    And the key is getting back up when you fall, because we WILL fall...

Thanks Ashley! I'll try the hot compresses/stretching. Back on the wagon today---onward and upward (hopefully downward on the scale :D ).
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yay Team! Awesome job! Thanks Ashley for rounding up all the data and being a great captain! Super motivated by the losses posted and the focus on fitness!

My daily stats-
    Sunday, Sept 9

Tracked: yes
    Exercise: Yes - 45 min SoulCycle and 15 minutes arm weights. 💪🏻

Goals- This week I am determined to get more weight training and resistance training in my schedule! 🏋🏼‍♀️ 🤸🏼‍♂️

• Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I have been doing military stuff this weekend and no service. So I’m catching up today if that’s ok.

Saturday
    Tracked: No
    Calories: Don’t know
    Exercise: No

Sunday
    Tracked: No
    Calories: Don’t know
    Exercise: Yes- 45 minute Peloton Bootcamp which included 24 mins of running intervals and 21 mins of bodyweight exercises along with added weights)

Goal: get through the weekend. Lol. On to tomorrow and back to my normal schedule! Looking forward to tracking!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey Slimsons!

Last week I slacked a bit and didn't put up a Question of the Week...sorry about that!

So with that said, I have a good one this week.

Name one weight loss or health/fitness myth you have heard.

Let's see how many we can come up with...I'll start, this one is probably my favorite.
    "You need 5 servings of carbs a day." I'm living proof this isn't true, I haven't had 5 servings of carbs in well...14 months at this point and I'm thriving, so much more energy...my moods are better..and I've lost 60 lbs...so yep, don't need them. :smile:
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Great Job Slimsons! Let's keep the winning streak alive in Week 2.

Daily Report Sun 9 Sep

Exercise: Yes. Walked the dog 35 mins, Circuit training 30 mins

Walking has to be the most boring exercise. But, it's the only exercise my Lab gets. Only Lab I have ever owned that hates the water and refuses to get in the pool. Or play in the yard. It's finally gotten cooler in the morning for her, so I guess we will be walking daily.

As expected, Hurricane Flo has gained strength and intensified. Will turn into a major hurricane by tomorrow. Experts are saying it will hit the east coast as early as Thurs, predicting it will hit landfall in the Carolinas.

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Great Job Slimsons! Let's keep the winning streak alive in Week 2.

Daily Report Sun 9 Sep

Exercise: Yes. Walked the dog 35 mins, Circuit training 30 mins

Walking has to be the most boring exercise. But, it's the only exercise my Lab gets. Only Lab I have ever owned that hates the water and refuses to get in the pool. Or play in the yard. It's finally gotten cooler in the morning for her, so I guess we will be walking daily.

As expected, Hurricane Flo has gained strength and intensified. Will turn into a major hurricane by tomorrow. Experts are saying it will hit the east coast as early as Thurs, predicting it will hit landfall in the Carolinas.

Hurricanes are scary--lived in Florida for a bit when I was young and have been through a couple. My prayers o:) go out to you, your family and all the East Coasters buckling down tomorrow. Hope it goes out to sea so you all are spared the damage. Stay Safe! <3
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:30 mins weight training, 90 mins walking

Comments: So I cheated today, did legs, since I was itching to use my new squat rack...and while doing that I used and put away all my weights (on my new weight tree). My next project will be restoring all the old weights my father in law gave me, but i can't really do that right now. Anyways, tried to make up for yesterday, went for 3-30 min walks....and ate well below my normal amount...feeling good about today :smile:
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Sept 9 th. Sunday
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no 🤢
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    SW: 244.4
    CW: 245.4

I’m traveling this week with my kids so posing my weight before I left. I have indulged when the opportunities presented themselves but also passed on ice cream and milkshakes that others were having. I could have done better but I also could have done much worse.
  • AB0215
    Options
This discussion has been closed.