TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options

Replies

• momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hey guys, we're about halfway through the month now. It's a good time to think about some Non-Scale-Victories, because let's face it, not all of our successes can be measured by the scale.

This week's Question of the Week:
    What's a Non Scale Victory you've had this month (or recently)?

I have had so many lately. Being chosen to teach an exercise class instead of just taking them, wearing clothes I haven't worn since before I had 3 kids and my kids asking to exercise with me are my favs. I love that I am teaching them to start with a healthier life, instead of fixing issues later.
  • momma3times
    Options
    I am back guys! I hope everyone is staying safe in the hurricane zone. My family is thinking of you.

Vacation went fabulous, I was able to stick with my IF, even though I was one of the cooks(We do primitive camping, and my husband and I tackle the cooking together for our extended family). So I was making gravy and biscuits and other delicious, but bad for me breakfast foods, and then walked away and waited until my time to eat, then we grilled healthier options.

I also exercised every day, met my step goals and swam across a section of the lake daily. I am weighing in tomorrow morning. I just hope that I didn't hold water weight from traveling. But either way, I was active and did what I could do.
  • mactigerr
    mactigerr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    176.4 last week
    174 this week!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hey guys, we're about halfway through the month now. It's a good time to think about some Non-Scale-Victories, because let's face it, not all of our successes can be measured by the scale.

This week's Question of the Week:
    What's a Non Scale Victory you've had this month (or recently)?

Mine happened Friday when I had another trainer (not my trainer and one I've never even talked to before) tell me she was proud of me because I worked hard and was so motivated and dedicated and she was excited to see how far I can go.

Non - scale victory:

I’ve upgraded to heavier weights in my strength training and my cardio routine! Trying to keep toning up... seeing a little difference in my arms .. hope to report more progress and perhaps another weight upgrade soon! Thanks all! Thanks Ashley!
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Daily stats-
    Sun 9.16

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 45 min SoulCycle / Weight training

* Tomorrow rest day - can’t wait for Monday! Day off. 😬
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Sun 16 Sept

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Over (by ONE calorie!)
    Exercise: Clean Yard from debris, trim palm trees, take boards off houses, busy.

4 days of eating unhealthy junk comes to an end. Usually, when this happens, I say screw it and go back to my old ways. But not this time. I got this.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 45 mins workout
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Non - scale victory:

I’ve upgraded to heavier weights in my strength training and my cardio routine! Trying to keep toning up... seeing a little difference in my arms .. hope to report more progress and perhaps another weight upgrade soon!
    @mg07030 Omg, it's such a rush when you have to upgrade weights! Congrats!! That's amazing! Keep it up, you're killing it!
    I have had so many lately. Being chosen to teach an exercise class instead of just taking them, wearing clothes I haven't worn since before I had 3 kids and my kids asking to exercise with me are my favs. I love that I am teaching them to start with a healthier life, instead of fixing issues later.
    @momma3times You have so much to be proud of! I think it's awesome you are inspiring others and helping others to lead healthier lives, I get it, I love doing that too! And it's SOOO exciting to be able to wear clothes you haven't been able to wear...and before you had 3 kids...that's AMAZING! Congrats!!
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    I got my 5/2 IF on schedule--YAY!! :D:) And--- fit back into my old jeans and some of my size medium workout tights by the end of the week!! The pair of jeans that I put on on Friday wouldn't barely go up my hips last I had tried. I'm itching to get these last 6.6 pounds off before next month's doctor appointment---but that may be too aggressive a goal.
    @SLIMn2016 That's AWESOME!! You're doing great with your intermittent fasting!! And size MEDIUM! OMG, you go girl! I think I was like 11 when I wore a medium! Hang in there, those last 6lbs will be gone in no time!
    mactigerr wrote: »
    176.4 last week
    174 this week!
    @mactigerr That's Awesome!! Super excited for you!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona Sept 16 th.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no
    My favorite non scale victory is when someone says to me that I look good because I have lost weight. Also, it is nice to see yourself in a photo not looking overweight.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, Sept. 16th

Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: Yes, 4 mile beach walk

Comment: Today was a family beach day which comes with eating dinner out at a restaurant. We went to a place that doesn't even serve salad---it's strictly seafood---and mostly fried. I ordered the only safe thing, steamers (steamed clams). I did pick at some of my sons' fried scallops, but I was way under cals.... they also had HUGE brownie sundaes. I stood strong---no dessert! :);) Tomorrow is my 5/2 day---bring on Monday!
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Daily post (9/16)
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes

I’m getting back on track after being out of town and eating all meals at restaurants. We went to San Francisco and I indulged in sourdough bread and in n out. 🤦🏼‍♀️ This week is one of my busiest all year. I work at a university and all out students return for fall this week. I am determined to stay on track and get some exercise in.
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think today is my weigh in day.

Previous Week's weight: 244.4
    Todays Weight: 243.8
  • Safari_Gal
    Options

Comment: Today was a family beach day which comes with eating dinner out at a restaurant. We went to a place that doesn't even serve salad---it's strictly seafood---and mostly fried. I ordered the only safe thing, steamers (steamed clams). I did pick at some of my sons' fried scallops, but I was way under cals.... they also had HUGE brownie sundaes. I stood strong---no dessert! :);) Tomorrow is my 5/2 day---bring on Monday!

💪🏻 way to stay focused on the goal!
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Mexiconona Sept 16 th.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no
    My favorite non scale victory is when someone says to me that I look good because I have lost weight. Also, it is nice to see yourself in a photo not looking overweight.

Agree! :)
  • momma3times
    Options

I can't be around brownies very much. They are my biggest weakness. You did amazing!!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    So I am looking to try IF..... but I have no idea where to start. Is anyone here doing it? What did you start with?
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Sunday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 min elliptical

Non-scale victory- Finally starting to fit back into my old bras!!!!
  • momma3times
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Weigh In Day - Monday
    Previous Weight - 253.4
    Current Weight - 250.4

• AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    So I am looking to try IF..... but I have no idea where to start. Is anyone here doing it? What did you start with?

@tinak33 A lot of us do intermittent fasting, and it really comes down to meal timing. However, for me, it came pretty naturally after a few months on keto.

I would say probably the easiest way to start is to ease into it, start delaying breakfast, maybe the 1st week, you delay breakfast an hour or something and then gradually start shaving time off until you get to a point where you're happy, however there are lots of ways to do it. I naturally eat between 12 and 8 (lately it's really been more like 2:30 and 7). a schedule like that is considered 16:8 meaning you fast 16 hours and eat inside an 8 hour window. You can eat normally for 5 days a week and eat only 1 meal a day for 2 days a week (5:2), and that one meal is ordinarily suggested at 500 calories (although mine is usually around 600-700 when I do it because I force myself to eat the right amount of protein with my weight training) and you can even fast one whole day a week, this is really where I started to kick my intermittent fasting into high gear, I started fasting from Thursday after dinner until Saturday at lunch time.

The idea behind it is you're cutting extra calories from your diet and you're relying more on stored fat during that time. It tends to come more naturally for those of us who are on a ketogenic diet, because we naturally burn fat for fuel so when we aren't eating, our bodies are already looking for fat, which is available in our stored fat reserves..
    You don't necessarily need keto with IF, but it really seems like a natural progression for a lot of us in that department.

My overall suggestion, start small, start shaving a little time off of your eating window each day until ultimately you're skipping one whole meal (for me, that meal is always breakfast).

I hope this helps you.

Also I KNOW that @SLIMn2016 does IF, usually 5:2 and I'm sure she can chime in with her tips too!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Weigh In Day - Monday
    Previous Weight - 253.4
    Current Weight - 250.4
    @momma3times AWESOME!! Another solid week!

This discussion has been closed.