Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've also dropped out for a bit but here I am again.

CWW = 208.4
    LWW = 208.7
    Loss = 0.3

Not much change over the last two months. Now see if I can get down below 200.

• dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in.
    CWW = 206.6
    LWW = 208.4
    Loss = 1.8
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Howdy men!

Glad to see some of us back. I think we all may have needed a little break or just trying to catch up to stuff. End of summer forces all sorts of projects around my house to prepare for winter. I've personally had a good summer on the weight loss train. I had a doc appointment this week exactly 1 year to the day from my last appointment. I had lost 33 pounds since then. That was a decent feeling.

Dave and Steve, you guys are rocking. I've got to figure out how to keep moving forward over the fall and winter months since I'm not going to have the huge amount of yard work to keep me moving. We are settling into the new house, so I'm hoping I can get my wood shop business into motion keeping me busy and moving.

bbpvqyqsi8y9.jpg
  • Jermainejjd
    Jermainejjd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Room for one more? Looking to drop a good few pounds and need something to keep me motivated! It is definitely not easy!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Room for one more? Looking to drop a good few pounds and need something to keep me motivated! It is definitely not easy!

Absolutely!!!

Please just give a little introduction about yourself to the group. As you can see in the chart, give me a starting weight, goal weight and last week's weight. I'll take it from there.

I usually ask that I get your updates by Friday and post the new chart on Monday. I've been kinda slacking lately. New members here will help invigorate me to be a little more prompt on my updates too.

Welcome and glad to have you aboard. We are here to help and motivate each other. My current hero is StevLL, who has literally changed himself mentally and physically.

Tim
  • Jermainejjd
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks tdonlin!

Always been battling my weight and now weigh my heaviest at 318lbs @ 6ft 3. Got my first kid on the way and want to get into shape as the weight always affects the confidence. Simple things like going to the beach or for a swim. I've got a while until then, but have a fair bit to lose so got to start now.

I played rugby and used to work out a lot mainly lifting weights. But things easily get in the way and life happens. My little brother has also started lifting, and I cannot have him stronger than me haha he will never let it go! So here it goes!

CWW = 318
    LWW = 318
    Loss = NA

Jermaine
  • Jermainejjd
    Options
    Ohh and my goal is 224lb by Christmas next year.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good morning Men! I hope you are all having a great week and are hitting your mini goals. Personally, I'm just trying to stay focused and keep a positive attitude. I tweaked my back somehow this weekend and am having more that a little difficulty in moving and sleeping. I need to give it a chance to do some healing, but also need to keep moving so that it doesn't stiffen up too much.

Jermaine, you and I are pretty much the same weight. That is kind of making you my current inspiration and competition. I think you'll have the advantage due to our age difference, but that just means I need to focus a little more on my nutrition.

Cheers and keep up the great work everyone!!

Tim
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Tim, sorry to hear about your back. Take care.

LWW = 206.6
    CWW = 203.8
    Loss = 2.8
  • Jermainejjd
    Options
    First week has went well. Starting the NHS Couch to 5k. 3 walks/gentle jogging done this week and really enjoying it far.

LWW = 318lb
    CWW = 311lb
    Loss = 7lb
  • tdonlin
    Options
    And the new guy shows us all how it's done!!! Nice job Jermaine! Dave, not too shabby on your part either. Between the two of you guys almost 10 pounds lost. That is awesome. I'm hoping some of the others post their updates soon. If so, I'll update the chart.

I mentioned my back has been really bugging me and it showed on the scale. I'm feeling a little better now, so hope I'll be in the negative column next week.

910l9j97oszw.jpg
  • jmdawg
    jmdawg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello I am working on losing 120lbs. I started in April 9th at 341.2lbs and today I am at 307.4lbs. I would like to get down to 220lbs by mid next year if I can.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    jmdawg wrote: »
    Hello I am working on losing 120lbs. I started in April 9th at 341.2lbs and today I am at 307.4lbs. I would like to get down to 220lbs by mid next year if I can.

Howdy jmdawg and welcome aboard! Looks like you are already off to a great start.

Here is an updated chart.

t0m8uyr8bjm7.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Welcome to jmdawg!

Checking in:
    LWW = 203.8
    CWW = 202.2
    Loss = 1.6

• Jermainejjd
    Options
    Welcome jmdawg!

Challenging week. Had a conference and the food was just too good. But managed to be strict the rest of the week and got one run in.

LWW = 311
    CWW = 307
    Loss = 4
  • Horstbc
    Horstbc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh myself each of the past few weeks, so I'll make sure I do it Thursday or Friday this week. Jermainejjd and jmdawg - nice to meet you!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hey Guys, the proverbial poo has hit the fan here at work for me this week. It has been a cluster all week. Not sure if I'll get the chart up or now. Just for the record, I'm putting my weekly weight as the same.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    I've lost focus on my eating big time ever since a work trip I took last month and have been pigging out.

SW: 248.4
    LW: 237.6
    CW: 243.0
    GW: 200

I've been continuing to work out at least three times a week, so my sole focus right now is getting my nutrition back under control. Nothing will help without that.

On the bright side, my face is still thinner than in February.

rnnbtq9lv4te.jpeg
  • jmdawg
    jmdawg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a good week. I have been focusing on my eating.

LWW = 307.4
    CWW = 300.6
    Loss = 6.8
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Sorry you're having a rough week, Tim! Since you won't have a chance, here's a screenshot of my spreadsheet. It's not as pretty, but I've been messing around with my own version to see if I can come up with a few interesting charts sometime (but I don't have those yet). I like Excel.

w4kpf61b2hvh.png