September 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ... slowly getting there!

Had a minor set back at the end of last week - had to ‘rest’ for two days due to an inflamed plantar fascia. It has been niggling for months but after my run on Thursday it said enough is enough and decided on some payback! Three days of rest and back at it yesterday with a light jog! Seemed to hold up OK and not too much pain today ... will be only light jogs/walks for the rest of the month though as don’t want to risk a prolonged absence ...

exercise.png

• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    For Sept 20-24 21.57 miles

exercise.png

MTD 111.73

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

That's GOAL for @LISAH8969!! :smiley:

@HUBER - My heart goes out to you on the loss of your mother. Difficult relationship or not, that's still not an easy thing. I'm glad you found some peace at the memorial gathering and pray that carries you forward. :flowerforyou:

Getting back into the gym routine now that I'm back. It's taking a little mental prodding on my part. Having a little bit of a hard time with my pending departure of my son on Thursday. It's an exciting new chapter for him and it will help him to grow by leaps and bounds. I'm just really going to miss the heck out of him. Now I have a much better idea of what my parents went through with me.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @Dean: Your location is on my bucket list for a future trip. While I love that environment, I get enough winter here. Same reason, I don’t live in Northern Michigan. I absolutely love it and would take it for he ocean any day but the winters are brutal. But this to will pass. I think that as much as I love running I will have to stick to other actives. I went to my 6 month exam and the new PA was shocked that I am running. But

I am looking for a fat tire bike. My hubby is mumbling as to where I will put it. I told him that I would keep it in the back of my Suburban..lol. Anyway, my running trails are absolutely great for them.
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles
    9/11 - 1.24 miles
    9/12 - 1.68 miles
    9/13 - 1.82 miles
    9/14 - 1.42 miles
    9/15 - 1.53 miles
    9/16 - 1.51 miles
    9/17 - 4.88 miles
    9/18 - 5.28 miles
    9/19 - 5.83 miles
    9/20 - 1.13 miles
    9/21 - 1.82 miles
    9/22 - 1.56 miles
    9/23 - 1.48 miles
    9/24 - 1.31miles

61.97 / 80

GuPFm5.png

Little by little I am trudging along. Hopefully, I will hit my goal by this weekend!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @chuber: I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother and I had been estranged for many years. She had a breakdown when I was 16 and I had to clean, cook and take care of home stuff. Not complaining. It made me a stronger individual. She moved out and divorced my dad for really stupid reasons. She had developed early onset of Alzheimer's. She was being evicted for not paying her rent because she couldn’t remember. I stepped in, found her a new place but she was getting worse. I filed for guardianship of her. In the end it helped me resolve all the deep seated issues that I felt about her and I came to have some closure when she died at the age of 66. I say all this because I feel for your situation. I was fortunate but like you, it was not that mother/daughter relationship I would have liked. We can only do what we can. You can feel good knowing that you made the effort. None the less, it is your mother. My sympathy. I hope she has some peace. It sounds like she had a rough life.

Sept. 24: Well I have some meniscus tears in my right knee. Not as bad as my left was so we are taking a wait and see approach. No running for awhile so there goes two races I had been training for this fall. One was next week the other the beginning of November. I know Dean, biking is so much better. Just wish I had more open space to ride. It is a safety hazard trying to ride around here.
    So I got 10 miles in today of walking 4 miles and riding slowly on my x bike for 6.
    TTD:237 miles

exercise.png
    Thank you! Unfortunately our mothers had a lot in common. I went into therapy over our relationship & like I said before "I am at peace" with this.
    You've NEVER had knee surgery? I thought you did! I had a meniscus surgery 1.5 yrs ago & have had absolutely NO problems or pain since. Thinking of having the other done next June!

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    9/25
    24.42 miles
    547.88 miles MTD
  • clepant
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    @chuber: I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother and I had been estranged for many years. She had a breakdown when I was 16 and I had to clean, cook and take care of home stuff. Not complaining. It made me a stronger individual. She moved out and divorced my dad for really stupid reasons. She had developed early onset of Alzheimer's. She was being evicted for not paying her rent because she couldn’t remember. I stepped in, found her a new place but she was getting worse. I filed for guardianship of her. In the end it helped me resolve all the deep seated issues that I felt about her and I came to have some closure when she died at the age of 66. I say all this because I feel for your situation. I was fortunate but like you, it was not that mother/daughter relationship I would have liked. We can only do what we can. You can feel good knowing that you made the effort. None the less, it is your mother. My sympathy. I hope she has some peace. It sounds like she had a rough life.

Sept. 24: Well I have some meniscus tears in my right knee. Not as bad as my left was so we are taking a wait and see approach. No running for awhile so there goes two races I had been training for this fall. One was next week the other the beginning of November. I know Dean, biking is so much better. Just wish I had more open space to ride. It is a safety hazard trying to ride around here.
    So I got 10 miles in today of walking 4 miles and riding slowly on my x bike for 6.
    TTD:237 miles

exercise.png
    Thank you! Unfortunately our mothers had a lot in common. I went into therapy over our relationship & like I said before "I am at peace" with this.
    You've NEVER had knee surgery? I thought you did! I had a meniscus surgery 1.5 yrs ago & have had absolutely NO problems or pain since. Thinking of having the other done next June!

I had surgery for a severely torn lateral meniscus in 2014 and it has done well. Now I have issues with my right. I am sure I am heading for surgery. I nearly fell four times today when it was catching.
    One minute I am almost taking a nose plant and the next I can walk for hours with no issues. Go figure.

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,839 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    9/22 7.75 miles
    9/23 7.75 miles
    9/24 8.50 miles
    9/25 8 miles 31.50

As of 9/25 197 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sept. 25:Adding 11.5 miles today walking my pup and searching for a lost dog. I think it did my right bad knee in for the day.
    TTD:248.5 miles

exercise.png

Belle_74: smart to ease up with the PF. Been there, not fun at all.
    Dave: I can only imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye to your son.

My adventure today started with me seeing what I thought was a coyote but was a small German Shepherd coming out of my neighbors yard. I went on a one hour chase on foot and than in car looking for it. I pretty much gave up when I found the owner late in the day. I posted on our Next Door for him and my neighbor had just spotted the dog. I contacted the owner and told him to come to my neighborhood and call for his dog. He said he was embarrassed to do it but I assured him that she needed to hear his voice and was very disoriented and confused. He called her and she came out of a backyard where she was bedding down for a second night. What an exciting and tearful reunion. I can sleep tonight knowing she is not out there still roaming.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    09/22 - 24.0 miles cycling
    09/23 - 23.0 miles cycling
    09/24 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    09/25 - 25.0 miles cycling

Total: 492.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dave, I've said prayers for your son & hope you are too! I believe if you've got God to protect you "WHO" else do you need? & I must add that you should feel blessed you are watching him go off to do himself & this country some good. Much better than watching your son struggle with alcohol/drug addiction like we do!! He got into trouble 2.5 years ago. Pulled his act together for 1.5 years & now this past 6 months he's out of control. Lost his job & now his family. It is soooo devastating to watch! Must say, I don't sleep well at night.

Got in 3 miles from the treadmill & 5 from the ex bike this evening.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Commuted in to work tonight. Six hours of sleep felt delicious! I still feel like I could use some more. Let's start the month with 7 miles for 7 out of 250.

@cpanus - That was a COLD wind this morning. I put pants on for the first time this season to commute home. It must have been even colder where you are.

Adding 15 miles for 22 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 37 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 47 out of 250.

Adding 11 miles for 57 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 64 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 78 out of 250.

adding 10 miles for 88 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 105 out of 250.

Adding 19 miles for 124 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 137 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 150 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 167 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 181 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 198 out of 250.
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles
    9/11 - 1.24 miles
    9/12 - 1.68 miles
    9/13 - 1.82 miles
    9/14 - 1.42 miles
    9/15 - 1.53 miles
    9/16 - 1.51 miles
    9/17 - 4.88 miles
    9/18 - 5.28 miles
    9/19 - 5.83 miles
    9/20 - 1.13 miles
    9/21 - 1.82 miles
    9/22 - 1.56 miles
    9/23 - 1.48 miles
    9/24 - 1.31miles
    9/25 - 1.06 miles

63.03 / 80

WyTJm5.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    9/24-9/25 = 7.2

exercise.png
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Sept 25 4.34 miles

exercise.png

MTD 116.07
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done
    40 total

10 miles left towards
    50 mile September goal
    Thanks!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

CONGRATS on making GOAL to @VHUBER and @KARID1114!! :star:

@VHUBER - Yes, thank you for the prayers. And I agree that he should be in good hands and is probably the one I'll worry least about out of my three kids now. The other two are still struggling to get their wings. My heart goes out to you on what you're going through with your son. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. :cry: I'll pray for you too.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    09/21 - 1.74 miles
    09/22 - 8.50 miles
    09/23 - 6.49 miles