TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Options

Replies

• Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Welcome, @Lilmamawoz !

Meal prep and planning, plus consistent tracking and daily activity should be a recipe for success here! We'll all be rooting for you.

I see you've posted your Week 1 weigh-in, thank you! For next week, would you please use this format:

Username: @Lilmamawoz
    Weigh in week: October Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 167
    Today's Weight: ____

Using this format helps make it easier to find your weigh-in post, and I don't want to miss a chance to record your success!

Thank you! I will and I am under my calorie count for today! Not by much but I am!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod
    I like to buy chicken breast, or steak. Once half cooked I throw in broccoli, a cpl onions and peppers. Mix it all up with McCormick fajita seasoning pack( I'm lazy ). I cook it all up real good and make equal weight containers for the week. Some may be more calories than others but I know all the ingredients and the weight of the meat so I add it all up and divide it by how many containers I have. I think this gets me pretty close on calories and I also get to have the taste of fajitas. I just don't get the sour cream and the wraps
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oct. 2
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes

It is 7:42 pm. I might go to bed to avoid putting anything else in my mouth!
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Username: Bendiz_
    Weigh in week: October Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 172.8
    Today's Weight: 172.6
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My apologies for late weigh in... Yesterday was just a complete write off.... Was sooooo busy from start to finish that I forgot to enter my weight!

Sparx_81
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 218
    CW 219

I am really confused about this! I've been really good with my diet, gone spinning, running, walking, lifting... But a gain?!?! Really disheartening!

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 2
    Exercised?: Yes (4.5km to office - 40 mins / 4.5km to hotel - 40 mins)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy day. Over 12 hours in the office. To office before dawn, back to hotel after dusk.

Very tiring, but glad to have the walking. Found some Spanish podcasts so I can keep working on improving my Spanish while walking.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for October 02 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Lilmamawoz wrote: »
    Hi team! I was really confused on how this works but I think I figured it out. I am a 49 year old wife and mother who just became an empty nester. I'm hoping the sad feeling that I have will not sabotage my goals. I have in the past lost 25 lb to Weight Watchers 6 years ago and over the years more recently though have gained it all back plus about 8 more pounds. So I'm very frustrated! I am hoping my husband and I can focus on better meal preparation and planning since it is just him and I. My in-laws were in for the past two weeks and my husband and I went to a beer festival and a concert this past weekend. Needless to say I did not do great but I only gained a pound which I'm still not very happy about. I also am dealing with a bad neck that my doctor just gave me a steroid for. I had neck surgery 6 years ago and this is the first time it has bothered me this bad that I needed something for it. I am still going to try to at least walk as much as I can to get my exercise in. I am looking forward to checking in with everyone!

Weigh in 167. Tracked yes exercise at least three times in the past week by walking.
    @Lilmamawoz. Welcome.

You should be happy at successfully raising children and having them independent enough to leave home. Too many have 25+yo kids still hanging around reluctant to leave. I can understand that you feel sad not having them around, but to my reasoning you are VERY successful and should be happy at a task well done and now looking for new challenges.

The best advice is to find what works for you. Everyone is different. Use the tracking to experiment and find out a combination of eating and activity that fits with your goals, lifestyle and limitations that is easy to maintain.

Attending festivals, celebrations and social events need to be in your plan. They are not setbacks, but events that need a little extra planning. In time you will be able to plan what you should and should not do in each situation and still have a great time.

Hope the neck pain abates and you can be back to normal as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod
    I like to buy chicken breast, or steak. Once half cooked I throw in broccoli, a cpl onions and peppers. Mix it all up with McCormick fajita seasoning pack( I'm lazy ). I cook it all up real good and make equal weight containers for the week. Some may be more calories than others but I know all the ingredients and the weight of the meat so I add it all up and divide it by how many containers I have. I think this gets me pretty close on calories and I also get to have the taste of fajitas. I just don't get the sour cream and the wraps

@grebber1. Great tip. Quick and easy preparation of food you like in good portions and easy to transport and track.

• Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My legs are in agony after yesterday's workout, I did a semi HIIT workout for 15 minutes, I feel so unfit 🙈 iv been told maybe if I do to songs it may "pump" me up energy wise to continue, what's song's do u workout to
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 3
    Exercise Yes. An hour of Body Pump
    Calories. Yes Under
    Tracked. Yes
    Did some meal prep today. Shepherds pie made with extra lean beef mince and Cauliflower mash.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    My apologies for late weigh in... Yesterday was just a complete write off.... Was sooooo busy from start to finish that I forgot to enter my weight!

Sparx_81
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 218
    CW 219

I am really confused about this! I've been really good with my diet, gone spinning, running, walking, lifting... But a gain?!?! Really disheartening!

@Sparx_81 Who knows what mischief lurks in the heart of scales? I know a bump up can feel disheartening. People will tell you weight loss isn't linear - that's true. I know that, but sometimes I get disheartened by a weekly bump-up too. What works for me is to weigh daily (I know, heresy!) and track the weekly average and my 3-week TDEE. What I find is that I pretty much always lose weight by the weekly average, even if it's only a little bit, and monitoring that 3-week TDEE has helped me realize that I have some monthly cyclical patterns, with weeks where I predictably have little change, and weeks where I "whoosh".

So, my suggestion is: get more data, and reevaluate. If you need help figuring out what to record, let us know!
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Westray16
    Monday
    PW 192 lbs
    CW 192 lbs
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    My legs are in agony after yesterday's workout, I did a semi HIIT workout for 15 minutes, I feel so unfit 🙈 iv been told maybe if I do to songs it may "pump" me up energy wise to continue, what's song's do u workout to

@Mariamamjad I don't have great advice about songs, unfortunately (my taste in music is incredibly bad), but I do have some advice about feeling "so unfit." I felt the same way when I first started exercising again in April. I would literally be winded by the warm up, and I wouldn't add any additional weights to any of the routines, I could only do bodyweight exercises, and even then I had to use the beginner modifications to make them easier. Like, push-ups from the wall.

One thing I saw during that time that helped me was a motto to "Be grateful for your abilities today." I was unfit, yes, but I could be grateful that I could move enough to do the beginner modifications, right? Whatever I could do, I tried to be grateful that I could do that.

And over time, I've been able to increase my abilities, and I'm just even more grateful for those abilities today.

Good luck!!!!

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Gutbusters! Today's the Week 1 Weigh- in day for:

@12sarah2015
    @bendiz_ -- small but steady progress will still get you to your goal! You can do it!
    @caitlynns727
    @Edising
    @hayleymace90
    @inshapeCK
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Sparx_81 wrote: »

Sparx_81
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 218
    CW 219

@Sparx_81 Who knows what mischief lurks in the heart of scales? I know a bump up can feel disheartening. People will tell you weight loss isn't linear - that's true. I know that, but sometimes I get disheartened by a weekly bump-up too. What works for me is to weigh daily (I know, heresy!) and track the weekly average and my 3-week TDEE. What I find is that I pretty much always lose weight by the weekly average, even if it's only a little bit, and monitoring that 3-week TDEE has helped me realize that I have some monthly cyclical patterns, with weeks where I predictably have little change, and weeks where I "whoosh".

So, my suggestion is: get more data, and reevaluate. If you need help figuring out what to record, let us know!

I know... Been down this road too many freakin times! :-) I weigh daily as habit and weight has fluctuated from 217 to 222 this week! I have been running or walking or spinning or gardening every single day! I know my diet isn't 100% clean but it's always under.

My muscles have been quite sore with the increase in activity so really hoping that it's water retention....

Also need to drink more water, unfortunately I can't have a bottle to hand at all times as the youngest (2) likes to pour it out and play splash! :D
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    Working on keeping better track of my food. I say this every month but it's really my main goal. Without knowing what I'm eating, working out is pointless. I'm doing good but as I get lighter the pounds coming off will be less and less and tracking will be more and more critical. So that's my goal.

Working out is never pointless, it's always better than not working out even if you've eaten too much. Keep up the good work.
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @Edising
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 195.2
    CW 197

Ugh. I knew it would be a bad week with lots of family and social stuff, but I didn't think I could go up almost 2 pounds. Hopefully I can take it off this week. Focus!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Username. Colleen790
    October 4. Week 1
    PW. 176.1
    CW. 175.7
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Where do I put my weighin? Weighin Wednesday 136.5 pounds
This discussion has been closed.