Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all those running Wineglass.

I've got a 5k tomorrow and then the Reebok Women's 10k on Columbus Day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Half marathon tomorrow... and I'm full of cold and feel like kitten!!!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Wineglass recovery is going well, so I'm going to let myself run the Pete Glavin XC #2 (6K) on Sunday.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    Half marathon tomorrow... and I'm full of cold and feel like kitten!!!

@TavistockToad Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have a trail HM tomorrow. It's in a state park full of maple trees, which should be in peak color.

The race is hosted by a rural church to raise money for their mission work. Homemade soup and cookies are served after the race and there's a bake sale as well.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Finish Strong 15K tomorrow. Current forecast is for 43 F with 80% chance of rain at gun time. That's right around the temperature when I started running Boston, but 20% less chance of rain. Should be fun for the segment that runs between Cranberry Pond and Lake Ontario.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Leg two of the Triple Peach is Sunday - the Atlanta PNC 10 Miler. Between food-laziness and work-travel fatness and under training, naturally, I feel completely unprepared and out of shape.

Goal is to finish. Finishing at a pace quicker than my easy-run pace will be a bonus.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My trail HM last weekend went great! I shaved 5 minutes off last years time and finished in the top 30 percent. Last year I was in the bottom 40 percent.

This weekend I'm running in my first timed race. We get 12 hours to run as far as we can. The course is a 5 mile loop with 420' of vertical gain and drop each loop, mostly on single track trails. After 10 hours they open up a 1 mile loop. Only full loops count. I have no idea how far I'll go. I figure with my current fitness I'll be walking at least half the time. 30 miles should not be a problem. Hoping for 40. My current distance PR is 34.5
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm running a Ragnar Trail - Hill Country TX this weekend (Fri. - Sat.) with Team Diabadass Trail Runners. It's a team of diabetics and my first relay, first time running with other people.

Should be interesting, I suppose, as I prefer to run alone. In fact, I rarely even know anybody at the race, including spectators. Family came to my first 5K and there are often other runners, volunteers, or spectators who know me when I do local races (I live in a small town).
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This weekend is the Happy Valley half marathon. It will be my first half marathon. I'm nervous, mostly because the weather suddenly turned cold and it takes me a mile to even warm up enough to find my pace.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Excited to be running again, with a monthly trail 5k series starting up this weekend. It will be my 3rd year participating. I may need to hide my watch though, and just run at an enjoyable pace, as I'm not quite feeling back in shape yet.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Pete Glavin Upstate NY XC Series #3, 6K on Sunday. It's also a race in the USATF Niagara Region Masters Runner of the Year series. I'm not in contention for Masters ROY this year, but I might pick up a point or two if I race well. The series is scored by age grade placement, but the XC series brings out an awful lot of guys who age grade well. I would not be shocked to miss the top 10 by age grade.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    I've got a 5k this weekend and the weather forecast is decidedly iffy. Breezy, rain, and temps in the 40s. Lovely!

It's actually one of my favourite races. Local enough for me to walk to the start, and sponsored by the local pizza parlour, so there's a pizza party after the race. There's usually around 800+ runners and there's also a kids' 'spooky sprint' where all the entrants have to chase after a cyclist wearing a fox costume.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    This weekend is the Abbey Dash for me... my last race of the year and my husband's first ever 10k... I'm really hoping I'll beat him but I don't think I will!
  • MobyCarp
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pete Glavin Upstate NY XC Series #4 (Taughannock Falls State Park – 6K). Don't expect bling, but if I get lucky I might get a box of chocolates for finishing in the top 3 of my age group. And if that happens, there's a good chance my team will win a 12 pack of beer that will make my team mates happy. (I don't do alcohol, but I run for beer for my team mates.)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Marshall University marathon. No pace goal, just hoping to have fun.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    This weekend is the Abbey Dash for me... my last race of the year and my husband's first ever 10k... I'm really hoping I'll beat him but I don't think I will!

My husband beat me by four seconds in last year's turkey trot. I'm still not over it. And he still hasn't stopped crowing.
  • MobyCarp
    Options

My husband beat me by four seconds in last year's turkey trot. I'm still not over it. And he still hasn't stopped crowing.

Crowing turkeys? Metaphors by MixMaster!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

this is the untrained for 10k... so i am quietly hopeful that i pass him at mile 5 when he hasn't paced himself and cant breathe.... :laugh:
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options

this is the untrained for 10k... so i am quietly hopeful that i pass him at mile 5 when he hasn't paced himself and cant breathe.... :laugh:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. My husband doesn't do cardio. He prefers lifting heavy objects. But he had one goal and that was to beat me. He was hoping I would still be recovering from the half marathon I'd run three days previously. He admits if the race had been any longer I would have caught him.

I've got a couple more races to do this year. Both are 5k. A turkey trot and a jingle bell run. Very festive.