Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    👍
  • Your weight loss is really fast.
    I love the food photos you post, everything looks so healthy and appetizing. Is there any cookbook you specifically use?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You are doing great!!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hi everyone :) SoulSister: No, sorry no cookbooks. I basically wing all my cooking and just cook Mediterranean style...lots of garlic, onions and olive oil. I do cook everything from scratch with fresh or frozen (veggies) ingredients. I don't think I have one box of anything in the house and haven't in many years.
    Experimenting with my blood pressure medication turned out to be really stupid....I thought...meh I don't need it at all. Well one day I had a massive headache and my bp was 188/118...Took me a while to get back to normal and kept me staying still at home for 3 days. I got back on my med and if I cut back I'll do it through my doctor. It was humbling :s:/ I'm back to normal now luckily.
    I only got on the scale today and am down 1.3 pounds for the week. I fudged omad a couple times eating a bit before my self designated 5pm....Once I started eating I wanted more and more. It's weird because during my omad meal time I get pretty full quickly and since I hate being over full I stop when I had enough. I think I have more motivation when I check in here everyday....I will try to do that again. My running is going super smoothly and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm at 25k steps right now as I ran and had a nice afternoon walk too. I'm really tired right now at 7pm. I hope everyone had a fabulous week and look forward to catch up on my reading. <3

Need to lose 50 pounds (start on Sept 21):
    Sept 22: -1.8 pounds...48.2 to go
    Sept 23: +.05 pounds...48.7 to go
    Sept 24: -1.5 pounds...47.2 to go
    Sept 25: -.6 pounds....46.6 to go
    Sept 26: -.4 pounds....46.2 to go
    Sept 27: -.6 pounds....45.6 to go
    Sept 28: -.7 pounds....44.9 to go
    Sept 29: -.6 pounds....44.3 to go
    Sept 30: +.1 pounds...44.4 to go
    Oct 1: +.1 pounds...44.5 to go
    Oct2: -.4 pounds...44.1 to go
    Oct 3: -.3 pounds...43.8 to go
    Oct 4: +.5 pounds...44.3 to go
    Oct 5: - 1.7 pounds...42.6 to go
    Oct 6: +.3 pounds...42.9 to go
    Oct 7: -.2 pounds...42.7 to go
    Oct 8: +.3 pounds...43 to go
    Oct 9: -.2 pounds...42.8 to go
    Oct 10: -.8 pounds...42 to go
    Oct 11: -.6 pounds...41.4 to go
    Oct 12: -.3 pounds...41.1 to go
    Oct 13:- .2 pounds...40.9 to go
    Oct 20: -1.3 pounds...39.6 to go
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    nice work, you are right on about the same pace I was, keep it up! :)
  • katjustkat
    Wow Darth, that is super encouraging to me. I feel like I'm climbing a mountain sometimes. Omad is pretty easy for me just the amount of time I'll need to get to goal is a bit overwhelming. I'll just keep my head down though and just take one step at a time.
    Had a great 14k jog this morning. I can't express enough how good I feel when I'm out there. I just love the freedom I feel when I'm outdoors.
    Down .2 over night. Made a yummy taco salad for dinner and really enjoyed every bit of it.
    I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope you have an easy peasy work week ahead :)jwm42nr5h546.jpeg

Need to lose 50 pounds (start on Sept 21):
    Sept 22: -1.8 pounds...48.2 to go
    Sept 23: +.05 pounds...48.7 to go
    Sept 24: -1.5 pounds...47.2 to go
    Sept 25: -.6 pounds....46.6 to go
    Sept 26: -.4 pounds....46.2 to go
    Sept 27: -.6 pounds....45.6 to go
    Sept 28: -.7 pounds....44.9 to go
    Sept 29: -.6 pounds....44.3 to go
    Sept 30: +.1 pounds...44.4 to go
    Oct 1: +.1 pounds...44.5 to go
    Oct2: -.4 pounds...44.1 to go
    Oct 3: -.3 pounds...43.8 to go
    Oct 4: +.5 pounds...44.3 to go
    Oct 5: - 1.7 pounds...42.6 to go
    Oct 6: +.3 pounds...42.9 to go
    Oct 7: -.2 pounds...42.7 to go
    Oct 8: +.3 pounds...43 to go
    Oct 9: -.2 pounds...42.8 to go
    Oct 10: -.8 pounds...42 to go
    Oct 11: -.6 pounds...41.4 to go
    Oct 12: -.3 pounds...41.1 to go
    Oct 13:- .2 pounds...40.9 to go
    Oct 20: -1.3 pounds...39.6 to go
    Oct 21: -.2 pounds...39.4 to go

• dkayingram
    You are doing awesome!!! WOW!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you D! It feels slow but really I put on 2 pounds a year over 30 years so...10 pounds takes off 5 years worth of gains so that sounds pretty good to me.
    Did my 12k step/jog...felt a lil long today. I'll be babysitting on Wednesday so I'm trying to get it in and take a break on Wednesday.
    Made zucchini and squash topped with shrimp scampi and some baked sweet potato rounds for dinner and a small bunch of grapes for dessert...we enjoyed it. I'm up .1 over night. Hope everyone is well :)
    45olczzvdwio.jpeg
    Oct / 1st month losses: 10.6
    Oct 22: +.1 pounds...39.5 to go

• Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Nearly 11 pounds in one month! Well done!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Eddy...ya...that is pretty good, especially for me because I normally lose supppper slowwwwww.
    Did my 12kstep/ jog today. It went well and was not tired afterwards. Now...after dinner...I'm tired. Haven't been sleeping very well :(
    I was dead even on my weight over night.
    Had a reuben sandwich and salad for dinner. I could only eat 1/4 of the salad because I got too full.
    Wishing everyone continued success :)
    n5g0mzltoscl.jpeg
    Oct 23: + .0 pounds...39.5 to go

• katjustkat
    Had a stressful work day...hopefully tomorrow is better. I 'mercy' sat for two cute lil girls :) No jogging today; took a day break. For dinner I had a left over reuben sandwich from last night. Also a bunch of grapes. I was down 1.5 pounds over night :)
    I hope everyone is having a great week.
    Oct 24: -1.5 pounds...38 to go
  • dkayingram
    You are killin' it :)
  • katjustkat
    One day at a time D <3 How is journey going?
    Today I got up early (5am) and got my jogging done early on too. Did my lil 12k steps/ run. Totally easy for me now...I don't get out of breath and it's a non event for my legs and feet. Just get into a rhythm till I hit the 12k steps and head home.
    Improvised a wonton type soup with lots of veggies, chicken and added some pot stickers at the end. Had an oriental salad also from one of those prepped salad bags. Also had two pieces of sushi. Yes...I'm full but not overly.
    Was down .3 over night. My eating seems to be just fine right now...but I know I can get surprised at any time. I don't have anything in the house that would call me. I don't have good self control so I just keep the house free of any extras. Luckily my husband and son don't snack :p Before I started OMAD, I would grab a tablespoon of raw honey during the day. OMG....sooooo good! But...then I started noticing I would get a sore throat pretty much as I finished eating it. Each time it got worse and I reacted more quickly. I read online that some people are allergic to the pollen in raw honey. Yep...that must be me. Thank goodness because I liked that stuff wayyyyy too much! >:) Hope everyone is doing well....sheesh...Thursday already :o
    t242ubyq9w98.jpeg
    Oct 25: -.3 pounds...37.7 to go
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    You are doing great!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    You are doing great!!

I agree, KUTGW Kat :)
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Brenda and Vanguard <3 I'll take all the encouragement I can get :)
    I made an entry yesterday and I always 'preview' first and I must have forgotten to hit 'post' afterwards...I'll be brief because I can hardly keep my eyes open and it's only 6 pm :s I did my jog yesterday and today and was down over night .3 & .5 pounds. I'm at 25k steps right now so that's probably why I'm tired. I was disappointed yesterday because I ate at 3pm....I opened the frig for a drink and the sushi was starring me in the face and I succumbed. I ate my whole meal right then...wolfing it down... :# I didn't eat again so that was good. Tonight we just got back from Panera and I had a half a sandwich, tomato soup, 1/2 brownie and 1/2 cherry turn over. It's my one free for all meal for the week.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :)
    Oct 26: -.3 pounds...37.4 to go
    Oct 27: -.5 pounds...36.5 to go
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Well done.
  • katjustkat
    Thanks EstrangedTiger :) One day one hour at a time.
    Did my jog today and have 22k steps as of now. Not tired at all today. Didn't get hungry before my usual 5 pm dinner. It feels great when there's no fighting wanting to eat early. We went to Boston Market and I had a pot pie and creamed spinach. Then we stopped at....31 flavors and I had a scoop of rockyroad >:) I forgot to take a picture grrrr. I was up .4 over night. Here we go again..another work week ahead. I hope everyone is happy and welllllll <3
    Oct 28: +.4 pounds...36.9 to go
  • katjustkat
    Had a good OMAD day. Did my morning jog. 19k steps so far today. Supposed to snow tomorrow so I'll have to see if I'll take the day off because I've been jogging probably too many consecutive days. Made spinach, shrimp and wedge potatoes for dinner...it was yummy. Was down .9 over night. Checked my blood pressure at the store and it said 90/70 :# pretty low... :/ Hope everyone had a successful day :)
    libwz10qwmi0.jpeg
    Oct 28: +.4 pounds...36.9 to go
    Oct 29: -.9 pounds...36 to go
  • dkayingram
    Kat your meals look so yummy especially early in the morning! You are doing great on your plan!
    What was your starting weight if you don't mind me asking. You don't have to answer though....

D