TEAM: Flab-U-Less (November)

Options

Replies

• Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    @mram3582 I have not tried potato waffles but those sound good!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @gholderby1234 It happens, but you're still here and back on track! You're gonna hit Onederland this week for sure!
  • mram3582
    Options
    @cdavisdeva potato waffles were my Jew school go-to favorite way to get rid of leftover potato latkes :)
    @lk2011 yep, I think that the baggy butt look is definitely a fashion faux pas now :# WTG!!
  • spinnerkind
    spinnerkind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Tuesday)
    Track: Yes, but had to guess dinner since I ate out with a friend
    Calories: 100 kcal over..
    Exercise: none (due to meeting that mentioned friend)
    Goal for tomorrow: clear my schedule a bit! I've been somewhat stressed in my free time which means I start losing things- today the thing I lost was my key for work, not good :(
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. I'm going to try to switch up what I can. I think my main issue is inconsistency. And I agree that I'm not going to beat myself up over a few bad days on holidays. But my goal is to not make it a holiday 2.5 months :P.

Username: Frens0614
    Monday (sorry, was out of town :/)
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 146.7

Maybe I'll lose the 10lbs I was aiming for over the week of Thanksgiving?! :D ha
  • mram3582
    Options
    @spinnerkind breathe....you're ok...now mark something non life threatening off your to-do list tomorrow....keep breathing....you've got this!
    @Frens0614 I should feel bad that I am fully planning on at least a 2lbs real gain over Thanksgiving. Sorry teammates, it's probably going to happen...just giving a heads up.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/13 Tuesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 4.2miles walk 70mins
    Daily goal: clothing drive for house elves. Tomorrow will come!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    username 12774
    Nov. Wk #2
    Weigh- in day...Tues
    Previous wt...192 lbs
    Current wt....191.4
  • mram3582
    Options
    username 12774
    Nov. Wk #2
    Weigh- in day...Tues
    Previous wt...192 lbs
    Current wt....191.4

nice loss!
  • gholderby1234
    gholderby1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 min cardio
    Goals/day: lose the 2 lbs I gained last week and hold tight the week of thanksgiving
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes- 20 minute zumba, 10 minute Aerobics
    Goals/Day: Under on macros (used some exercise calories). Hoping I don't blow any losses on Thanksgiving coming up. We have 3 different places to go and the 1st is this Sunday. My plan is to stay under and try to eat well all but the Thanksgiving meals
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    @lar25473 No worries! Everyone get in a funk every so often. It happens to me around this time of year with the time change and cold weather. All I want to do is go back to bed and eat potato soup! Is there anything we can do to help you jazz up your routine? What are you currently doing?

I'm not sure, just knowing I have the support I need is really helpful. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and then I try to do some distance running on the other days, but I've been naughty as far as eating well lately so that's probably affecting my mood.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 13th
    Exercise: 35 strength training
    Goal: Last night: 6.5 hours
    Today's water intake: 67.6 ounces
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Exercise: 4 mile walk
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/13
    Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone 5 minute video
    Daily goal: To stay within my calorie budget and get in a workout (not so much)😄💪👏🙌
  • mram3582
    Options
    @gholderby1234 I'm probably gonna take those 2lbs for you and hold them over Thanksgiving. Then, I'll dump them in a hole somewhere and bury them. :p
    @cdavisdeva you have pretty much the same plan of attack for T-day as me. I just hope that I can give away most of the leftovers since it is my house that everyone comes to....we usually end up having T-day for at least 3 days after the fact.
    @lar25473 I definitely notice that there is a direct correlation between my perceived eating and my mood too. Just gotta keep logging and exercising. Do you exercise indoors? I use to do that and it affects my mood also. I found that I am a lot happier person outside!
    @WA_Teacher good job on your water consumption!
    @RedStickdad you take such nice walks everyday. Do you have a favorite spot to go? I go to our local state park and walk all the different trails, but if it is rainy or really windy, I head over to the cemetery across the street from me.
    @evangsimmons170 It takes a little practice to change eating patterns that you have had for years. You're doing great on the workouts everyday. If you find that you just can't keep within calories you might try changing your deficit plan to maybe a pound or half a pound a week until you feel comfortable and then make adjustments. That keeps you from burning out or getting mad at yourself too.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    In the fighting ring today:
    @cdavisdeva
    @Ecowles675
    @mellee1430

Have a wonderful day people!!
  • mram3582
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hey guys, thought I'd pop in here with a Question of the Week:

What are some Non-Scale Victories you've had recently?

I got back into running this year, and I ran 15 miles on Sunday. That is the farthest I have ever run!

Wowzers! 15miles!! That is fantastic! Here I was being all proud of my mile without dying or throwing up :D
    Good for you! Be proud!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    yep, I think that the baggy butt look is definitely a fashion faux pas now
    OMG, this is something I spent a stupidly large amount of time going over with my husband, he doesn't think I should get new clothes (and I started at a 3x and now I'm in a regular large), like he doesn't understand how the world views women, like it's not ok for us to wear baggy clothes, and mine were an extreme anyway, like I can use my old shirts as paint shirts for crying out loud!
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    @AB0215 Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. I'm going to try to switch up what I can. I think my main issue is inconsistency. And I agree that I'm not going to beat myself up over a few bad days on holidays. But my goal is to not make it a holiday 2.5 months :P.
    Maybe I'll lose the 10lbs I was aiming for over the week of Thanksgiving?! :D ha
    @Frens0614 They say that the average amount of weight people gain over the holidays is 10-15 lbs. I think that's crazy considering what it actually takes to gain a pound. (seriously do that math, it's scary to think that I was carrying around 100+ lbs of extra calories) It takes an excess calorie consumption of 3500 calories to create an extra pound, even if you ate an extra 7000 calories on Thanksgiving for example, that's 2 lbs, so if you didn't say to hell with it all, and just keep eating crap until New Years and managed to consume 7000 calories on Thanksgiving and even if you did the same on Christmas, at most you'd gain 4 lbs on those 2 days. Which basically means that if you're doing good the rest of the time, you're still going to lose over the holiday season where everyone else is gaining, so that's still a WIN...just saying.

So this is why I say that it's not really worth it to worry tooooo much about one day, I mean I think it'd be hard for me to eat an EXTRA 7000 calories, that'd be something like a total of 8500 calories in a day for me and that's nuts, so to limit it to one day, even 2, not going to kill everything you're doing, just have to get back to it and not say to hell with it all...just saying.
This discussion has been closed.