Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• PregoPenguin
    PregoPenguin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Thank you :) if anyone would like to add me please do!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Pregopenguin youre welcome! Ive added you :)
  • PregoPenguin
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit awesome! It's been crazy gaining 10lbs in like 7 weeks. I hate it 😭
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @PregoPenguin I've never been pregnant so I don't have experience with pregnancy weight gain but I imagine it's a *kitten* especially if you were in the process of losing before. I'm not sure how I'll handle it but I feel like I'll be giving myself a pep talk every day. hahaha
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi all... been a crazy couple of weeks here! Welcome @PregoPenguin and @12Sarah2015.
    Well, I didn’t get pregnant last month, so am on round 2 of Letrozole. Just entering my fertile window- I think- so please cross fingers that we manage to conceive this month!
    @VeryKatie, how are you doing? Can’t be long to go now!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Leannep2201 I'm sorry things didn't work out last month, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you @WifiresGettingFit 💜
  • PregoPenguin
    Options
    Awh hopefully it happens for you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Leannep2201 you're welcome :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome @PregoPenguin and @12Sarah2015 and congratulations! PregoPenguin I love your username and picture!!
  • PregoPenguin
    Options
    @puffbrat thankyou! I thought of it because i just bought a new winter coat that's pink and big enough for a baby bump so i thought i looked like a club penguin lol
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Hi all... been a crazy couple of weeks here! Welcome @PregoPenguin and @12Sarah2015.
    Well, I didn’t get pregnant last month, so am on round 2 of Letrozole. Just entering my fertile window- I think- so please cross fingers that we manage to conceive this month!
    @VeryKatie, how are you doing? Can’t be long to go now!

Fingers crossed for you!
    Things are busy for me. Our renovation started 2 weeks ago so now I'm busy all the time again somehow lol. But its is going smoothly so far, we are happy with who we hired. I have 8 weeks left till my original due date (or 8 weeks 4 days till the revised one lol). It's getting closer. And going by so fast because I dont have much time to concentrate on it. So glad I'm not at work now though.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie 8 weeks left!? Time flies. I swear it feels like just yesterday you announced you were pregnant again. Haha

Have you guys decided on a name yet or is it still in discussion?

Hope the renovation continues to go smoothly and I'm glad you aren't at work either! Are you getting any naps? Haha.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit yep now im down to 7ish weeks! Lol. Because of the renos im not getting many naps at all. And keith is starting a new sleep regression after only 1.5 weeks of the previous one!!! *cry*

We are still thinking names.

It will either be Tina Gabrielle or Rachel Faith. Possibly Dawn Anneleise but thats my last choice.

Im torn on names. I like the name Rachel for an adult compared to Tina. But I really hate the nicknames a Rachel might (and is 100% likely to get with my husband's family) - Ray-Ray, Rach, Rachy i dunno. They all sound terrible to me. Where as Tina doesnt have any nick names. Im actuslly interested in hearing opinions! I dont want to ask on any of my baby apps since none of these are being mentioned by other people, so i dont want to make the names "more popular" lol. Not that i believe i have that sway, but she will be a january baby so there is a whole year for people to start using them too much hahaha. I dont want a name on the top 100 lists.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @VeryKatie how are he renovations going? Oh no, not another regression. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

Opinion on the names:

I think nicknames can be tricky as sometimes you get a nickname that has nothing to do with your name and people can come up with some crazy ones but really once they get older they can voice their like/dislike so even if it's a nickname you do like they may end up not wanting to be called that. They may even choose to be called by their middle name instead. I also know of a few people that picked out a nickname and it just didn't stick so really, I think it's one of those things that while is definitely a factor it probably shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I was curious and looked up the 1000 most popular baby names, the list was from 2017 so it's a little outdated but Rachel was 195. Tina and Dawn were not listed at all so I would say those two names will be the ones less likely to end up in a top 100 in 2019.

I think Faith is an overused name, it seems like it's definitely a popular middle name (at least in my area) but that may not be a issue for you. For me, Dawn Anneleise doesn't flow very well and I think the name Dawn is suited more for a middle name. Rachel Faith has the same flow problem in that it sounds more like two separate names instead of a first and middle but that could also just be a me thing. haha A suggestion I see when trying to decide between names is to do a sound test where you yell the name as if you're yelling up the stairs or across the playground for them. It may help with deciding.

Out of the options, Tina Gabrielle would get my vote.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm sorry to hear Keith is going through another sleep regression! I hope it's short.

If your husband's family loves nicknames, then they will make one regardless. Nicknames I have heard for Tina before are Tiny, Teen, and Teeny. Personally I like Rachel better. I think Rachel Dawn would be really pretty. I agree with Kayla that Rachel Faith and Dawn Anneleise don't really flow to me. I like Tina Gabrielle the best as a first/middle combo.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Rachel Dawn is a good idea! We wanted something Christian sounding for the middle name so we also recently threw out Rachel Eve but it has even less flow lol. I really like Gabrielle as a middle name since Keith's is Michael and they are both based on Archangels' names. But to be honest i have a little trouble pronouncing it lol. Anneleise is a form of Ann which is a name that runs in my family. But running out of variations of it to use.

Chris and I did discuss the Rachel nicknames and we agreed we will be adamant about correcting his family if they start using a nickname we dont like (same with for any other name). So thats a bit of piece of mind. Basically i told him i hate the nickname Rach cuz it sounds like rape to me. So i think he got my point lol.

The renos are going fairly well though! We are running into a snag with deciding on the custom doors but otherwise all going smoothly! Our furnace is now broken though, dunno whats wrong but domeone is coming to fox it today. It seems to think 66 is 72... so the house is cooler than we like lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie I hope the furnace fix is an easy one, glad the renovations are going smoothly otherwise.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So. According to the internet, the reason none of pur names flow is because they are 2 syllable first and last names. But i dont want a linger first name and there are virtually no 1 syllable first names that arent either overused or not my cup of tea for a daughter born this generation lol.

I still want to think of a 3rd name...

Also. I actually got a nesting instict today! Didnt get it at all with Keith. But i woke up at 5 and felt the need to do SOMETHING ofd my list. So i finished wrapping presents since i couldnt sleep. Lol.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    H'okay.
    We now have the firdt name list at:
    Brooke
    Rachel
    Tina

Still struggling with middle names lol.