Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Dec Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 208.25
    Current Weight: 208.00

I’ll take it!! 😂😂

So many bad (really good) decisions this week 🤷🏻‍♀️

A teeny tiny loss when you are enjoying yourself with some bad, yet really good, decisions is definitely a win!! I'd take it, too!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Username: swauters
    Previous Weight: 232.6? I think
    Current Weight: 230.6

Two and a half pounds gone!! Very nicely done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Bizgirl26
    Weigh in
    Weugh in

Week 2
    PW 142
    CW 142.4

I do consider this still a mini win because I didn't gain very much back from last weigh ins stomach bug loss

Basically a maintain for you two. This time of year, and after a stomach bug, is not a bad outcome at all!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: ImjustBev2019
    Previous Weight: 347
    Current Weight: 349

I have been sick all week and could only exercise one day

So sorry that you weren't feeling well!! Hopefully this week is better for you and you can get back into the pool!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kc9agz wrote: »
    kc9agz
    December week 2
    Saturday
    Last week 130.8
    This week 130.8.
    No changes. Not been a good week and my hip has really been bothering me. No exercise and not been great with food.
    Be glad for Christmas break.
    kidkees wrote: »
    Saturday weight still 159.
    Sunday tracked and under, morning Zumba

A maintain is not a gain!! Sorry about your hip, @kc9agz! You'll just have to try to be extra vigilant when it comes to food if you aren't able to exercise. I know, very difficult this time of year!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Rawrbyn wrote: »
    For whatever reason, I can't find my weigh in. I'm going to repost it, just in case I didn't hit "post reply" the first time.

WEIGH IN
    Last week: 177.6
    Dec 14: 176.4
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    My weigh in day is Thursday - sorry I'm behind and struggling
    Thursday - Dec 6: 131.8
    Thursday - Dec 13: 131.0

Nice losses, both of you!! And a loss, even a small one, is a huge victory when struggling mentally!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    khadl07 wrote: »
    Khadl07
    Last week: 293.4
    This week 292.8
    Not a big loss this week. I've been under the weather and the emotional eating is real. How do you all overcome these cravings or wants?

No, it's not a big loss, but it IS a loss!! And you had a big loss last week, so this is to be expected, emotional eating or not!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Khadl07
    This week 292.8
    Not a big loss this week. I've been under the weather and the emotional eating is real. How do you all overcome these cravings or wants?

First, you lost while being under the weather and dealing with emotional eating. Congrats on that @khadl07

I struggle with emotional eating and lots of cravings and have found the following to help:
    1) exercise. Any day I get a good sweat I seem to do much better
    2) planning ahead. I will often put my planned dinner in my food diary at breakfast or lunch. This gives me a view of any leftover calories I’ll have that day. Then I eat food that’s not on my plan, but make it fit calories. Something about the major meals being logged already helps me keep under calories
    3) time. My emotional cravings use to be much worse 60,50,40,30 pounds ago. They’ve started getting less intense and easier to deal with. I think the habit of eating healthy and making good choices kicks in. Also, the progress from making the right choices helps tame the wild emotions and really puts in perspective what I’m doing.
    4) cravings. Eating the food I’m craving in moderation from time to time helps. I had a cookie today because I was dying for something sweet that wasn’t fruit. I like to pretend I’m French and take super small bites so the experience lasts longer. It’s randomly effective for me. For some reason, in my head, French people sit at cafes and eat small sweet treats slowly and are super skinny. No idea if this is true, but works for me :)

Sometimes losing so little on a weekly basis makes it seem like the goal and body changing will never happen. After a certain amount of time and weight is gone, the little weight loss per week becomes more accepted. At least by me.

Stay the course and just imagine where you’ll be in 6 months with 1-2 pounds lost per week.

Thank you, Mike, for taking the time to reply to Kari and posting so many wonderful insights and suggestions that we can all benefit from!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    12/16
    tracked: yes
    calories: no
    exercise: no

Not the start I was hoping for this week. Lack of sleep had me to drained to do much today. And although I didn’t eat very terrible the lack of excercise didn’t give me room for the extra calories.
    Ready for a better day tomorrow

Sun: no
    12/16

Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

I'm with @erikNJ not off to the start I would have wanted. This weekend has been tough

The sole reason Mondays were invented....for that fresh start!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day. 187
    Struggling with all the temptation around at this time of year.
    Got in a few really good workouts this week.

You lost a pound and a half in spite of all the temptations around this time of year!! You are doing really well....don't sell yourself short!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Khadl07
    This week 292.8

I forgot to add 3 additional things that are working for me to help curb the cravings and get through emotional moments.

1) chug a glass of water when I feel a craving or want to eat. If I’m for real hungry, the “hunger sensation” will come back fast. If it was just a moment of weakness then I can usually soldier on. Downside is having to pee all the time

2). Not sure why this one works for me. I think it’s because I know my hunger cues are broken due to years of emotional eating and poor decisions. When I feel hungry, especially mid afternoon, I look at my calories. If I’ve had too few then I eat, if I have enough for that portion of the day I don’t eat. Knowing my goal and seeing the numbers really helps since I don’t feel I can trust my decision making process yet.

3). I usually eat the same things over and over and over and over and over! I’ll switch it up occasionally, but eating the same thing helps me know what my calories for the big meals of the day will be. It also helps me avoid emotional decision making. If I’m feeling down for any reason that can usually lead to comfort food. But if I’ve already got my plan in place, I just have my chicken and vegetables and pout throughout. After I finish I usually feel better than I would have it I went for the endorphin rush of high calorie high sugar foods.

So insightful....thank you, Mike!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    December 16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Rest day
    Steps:4363
    Water: 88oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Okay, I think I am all caught up. My head is not in the game at all, so I am letting my duties on here slide, not to mention just being generally busy with Christmas only a week away!! My apologies!! I am hosting two family dinners this year; my husband's side on the 23rd for 14 people, and my side on the 25th for 10 people. And my son comes home on the 20th for four weeks!! We pick him up from the airport late Thursday night! He has been in Germany since January 4th, completing his undergrad degree (one semester to go after this one!). We made a trip to Europe to visit him in August (my first time abroad), but to see him at home, in his own bed, will be priceless!! The bittersweet part of this, is that even though he will be finished school by the end of May, he will most likely stay on in Frankfurt doing another summer internship which he hopes will lead to a job offer. Hey, you are supposed to give your kids roots and wings...we may have just overdone it on the wings part!!

No apologies needed. You always do great. We knew this would be a crazy month.
    I can’t believe Christmas is next week... We also host at our house except we combine both sides of the family on Christmas eve. Also I have not shopped for the party or gifts at all. Ready for a hectic week. The gym will be hard to get to. Gonna do everything I can manage calories.
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Results for December Week #2

Team The Big Butt Theory had a very good week, losing 33 pounds, which was the most of any team! It put us in a tie for 2nd place, with a loss of 0.53%, which was only 0.02% behind the leader! Way to go team!!!

Individually, coming in third overall, was our very own @eatingfoodles with a loss of 2.15%!! Congratulations on a very good week!! Consider this your gold star sticker for a job well done!! (re: your intro!!)

Losing over 2% of their body weight, and having an outstanding week:

@eatingfoodles - 2.15%
    @T34S3l - 2.04%

Losing over 1% of their body weight and having a very good week:

@ashleighgetsfit14 - 1.97%
    @murdog3t - 1.53%
    @mikea2g - 1.39%
    @aminor55 - 1.05%
    @xr8_kiwi - 1.00%

Losing over 0.5% of their body weight and having a good week:

@swauters - 0.86%
    @AlainaS0721 - 0.81%
    @lozenger1984 - 0.79%
    @nomorewombat - 0.76%
    @2shihtzues - 0.72%
    @Rawrbyn - 0.68%
    @cossmoss15 - 0.61%
    @Nicoletime4me - 0.55%
    @shannp - 0.53%
    @heaz10 - 0.52%

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight this week, and congratulations to everyone who did not lose weight this week, for not giving up!!!!!!

I was about to jack it in for the month having not been tracking for 2 days and not wanting to let the side down when you put this up @HASWLRS now I won't quit, I will try even harder! I want this every week and I know how to get it, thank you!

It's Christmas time and it's certainly no mean feat catering for all of those people! I've done one side and just have the other side now to do next week. Thank you for sticking with us, despite the pressures of the season @HASWLRS we couldn't do it without you!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options

MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, December 17, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - not really any persistent time of exercise but I’m sore and got sweaty so I’m counting it! :). 50 pushups / 20 squats / 1.5 hour of moving stuff around the garage and building a small rope line between trees for my kids to act like wild animals from :). Need to make it more sturdy so I can hang from it too; but it’s perfect for my little ones!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    12/16
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes, housework and reorganized furniture in the house

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    December 17
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes

• heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    12/17:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 30 minutes treadmill
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in:
    Username: heaz10
    LW: 231.8
    CW: 231.2
    Sort of feel like it should be lower, but at least it is not up. I really need to drink more water.
This discussion has been closed.