Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Options

Replies

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm from the UK like joannie, and I'd like to join you all. I've 3 stone to lose.
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Hello, came across this accountability community and am happy (and motivated) to see how this year goes for me. I am from Arizona and we have a lot of sunny, warm days here. This morning was cold for me(35 degrees) but I managed to get a short walk done outside. I have put on almost 10 pounds over the holidays and need to lose those plus another 10 or so pounds. Looking forward to the weekly weigh-ins and downward progress :smile:
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Chris here. I have been logging on mfp for a little over a year. Have lost 135 pounds in 1.5 years and have a lot left to go. Looking forward to figuring out where to post and everything. I am 50, eat whole foods plant based 80% of the time, weigh in on Fridays, and have 2 awful knees that slow me down. Nice to meet y'all.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    Welcome @4bugsmama and @clmathew we look forward to seeing your progress.

Page 1 of this thead has all the info you need about where to post, etc.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to start posting in this group for some time now, but always forgetting about it. Better late than never I guess

Anyway, hello all!
    Been losing since April and I've just had a month and a bit break in the run up to the end of the year, but I'm now back on it. Only gained around 1kg in that time, so I'm fairly happy with that, but now I'm aiming to lose the 6kg need to reach my goal weight.
  • captaintrips27
    captaintrips27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to exercise and calorie control (or at least being accountable for what I eat).

I'd like to shift 100lb but my main goal is to build stamina. I want to do the "Couch to 5k" program but jogging/running is just out of reach at the moment so I'm trying to walk a little faster and a little further everyday.

Calorie wise I'm trying to stick to 1500 per day which I'm struggling to achieve, I seem to average 800 - 1000. But I'm still learning what to eat (green things) and what to avoid (beige things). I'm finding it tricky as the medication I'm on makes me hungry all the time so I can never tell if I'm actually hungry or just fake hungry. I'm also prone to grazing so sticking to three set meal times a day has (thankfully) severly limited the amount of calories I consume.

I need motivation so weighing in each week and seeing others achieve their goals should keep me on track!
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Ellen. My goal is to lose about 50-60 pounds, improve muscle tone, and stick with my daily goals. Definitely looking forward to the accountability aspect of MFP.
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone found this thread in another forum and am excited to join to have some motivation to stay on track. My goal is to lose 30 pounds.
  • 4bugsmama
    Options
  • tbduarte1
    tbduarte1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tim. I am a 35 year old husband, father, teacher and coach. I have been fat since I was 12 years old. In November I went to the Dr and my weight was up to 390. I told myself I'd never reach 400. So here I am after only logging for 21 days on Jan 1 I began making small changes. My January starting weight was 384.4. long journey ahead
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Fixed it for you.... it's not something you are, it's something you have, and therefore something you can get rid of :smile:
    tbduarte1 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Tim. I am a 35 year old husband, father, teacher and coach. I have beenhad fat since I was 12 years old. In November I went to the Dr and my weight was up to 390. I told myself I'd never reach 400. So here I am after only logging for 21 days on Jan 1 I began making small changes. My January starting weight was 384.4. long journey ahead

• amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Bryony, and I need to lose a further 50-60obs.

I have an 18 month old daughter who keeps me busy, and I hope to have another one once I’ve lost some weight!
  • koljandertjie68
    koljandertjie68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Charlotte. I'm 38 in a month, 5"5 tall and weigh 241 lbs and would love to loose 89 lbs by the end off the year. I'm also try MFP before and failed and this time going to give it a serious go.
  • KristaCatherine87
    KristaCatherine87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’ve been on fitness pal since sept 2016 and have lost a total of 61.4 lbs (it was close to 80lbs at one point but sadly some have crept back on) I have about 50-60 more lbs to lose depending on where I feel comfortable more importantly than a number on a scale.
    I know how to do this, I’ve done it, just need to reset and refocus!
    We can do this !!! 2019 will be awesome!
    SW: 324.8
    LW: 246
    CW: 263.4
    GW: 200-210
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hello! I’ve been on fitness pal since sept 2016 and have lost a total of 61.4 lbs (it was close to 80lbs at one point but sadly some have crept back on) I have about 50-60 more lbs to lose depending on where I feel comfortable more importantly than a number on a scale.
    I know how to do this, I’ve done it, just need to reset and refocus!
    We can do this !!! 2019 will be awesome!
    SW: 324.8
    LW: 246
    CW: 263.4
    GW: 200-210

Welcome @KristaCatherine87 don't forget to post your weigh-in in the relevant week (Discussions on the main group board) so that it is logged for the monthly progress reports :smile:
  • 4bugsmama
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Heather and I’m from Pittsburgh, PA. I would like to start this new year losing some of my old (unhealthy) habits and become more active in reaching my goals!!!

I started January 1st at 180lbs and my goal is 145lbs!!! I am currently at 176lbs and have started to work in a little cardio daily but it’s so difficult when you’re not used to it 😔

I work as a NICU RN at nights on the weekends and I am a Family Nurse Practitioner student during the weekdays 🎓 I hope to graduate this August 🤞🏼School has definitely contributed to my sedentary lifestyle over the years as I do ALOT of studying...

I’m here to make progress this year and have high expectations for myself 💜

I can relate to the education aspect of your sedentary lifestyle. I am also a college student, for business, and my evenings/weekends are jam packed with papers to write, tests to take, etc. I am hoping to complete my final class this month and graduate in May. Best of luck to you on your journey and kudos to the work you do!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Charlotte. I'm 38 in a month, 5"5 tall and weigh 241 lbs and would love to loose 89 lbs by the end off the year. I'm also try MFP before and failed and this time going to give it a serious go.

Same here. I turn 38 on Feb 12th. Welcome to the group. :)
  • emma013
    emma013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Emmaleigh and I'm from NC. I'm currently a senior in college and I work, so I have a pretty busy sechdule and finding time to work out can be challenging. Meal prepping has been very help the past week. Ive had my MFP account since 2013 (my first weight entered), but I've never stuck to it. I'm currently at a 9 day streak of logging EVERYTHING I've ate (whenever something used to make me go over my calorie goal I'd stop logging) so this is pretty big for me. I've got some goals for this year and I want to stick to them!!
    I'd like to lose 46lbs and get down to 145! That was how much I weighed my freshman year of high school.

SW: 191.6 (highest)
    LW: ---
    CW: 191.6
    GW: 145
  • Bethcon2
    Bethcon2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Beth from Kent, UK. I have 0 willpower, through illness etc which forced me to stop activities such as running and swimming which were big parts of my life have managed to put on lots of weight, which in turn is making my joints very painful etc.. Signed into my account and have set up my own charts etc, but found this group and thought it may help me. So starting weight is today 200lbs,

SW; 200lb
    GW; 168lb (first goal)
    LW; 200lb
    TW; 200lb
    OL; 0lb

Hopefully make some friends along the way for some mutual encouragement, other people's success is a real inspiration for me.

Thanks for reading!
  • erindev1
    erindev1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My name in Erin and I live in New Jersey. 42, mom of 3, working full time, President of my Kiwanis Club, Active with my company's different community groups... busy, busy, busy... I live life but never focus on myself and well being...

I am getting back on track after letting myself backslide to my old habits the past 3 years after an injury to my knee. I was down to 180 but after the injury, I stopped exercising... started letting my old eating habits back in... before I knew it I am at my highest I have ever been at 243. So upsetting to realize how much I have gained in just 3 years. Time to work it back off... I know it won't come off quick but as long as I remind myself that I got here in 3... I can get back there in 3 (if not sooner!). :)