Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• tlane15
    tlane15 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello! My name is Tara and I am aiming to lose about 15 lbs, which I have put on over the past 1-2 years. Have been using MFP off an on for the past year without much commitment or success, so I am hoping this thread will keep me motivated and accountable. I am from Tennessee. Weigh in days will be Friday for me!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Hi guys! I'm Michelle. I'd been maintaining for about 6 months, but have recently bounced about 5-10 lbs above my comfy maintenance range, so I'm back to weight loss mode now. I like the group weekly weigh ins, helps with accountability and sense of community :smile:
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm new! My name is Britt, and I am looking to get to 125 and maintain in a range of 125-129. My highest weight ever was 179+ (I know I weighed more than 179 at some point but I didn't want to see the 180s), and the last time I weighed was on August 1 at 153.4. I am hoping this month has put me in the 140s, but I have been focusing mainly on building fitness habits this month. Next month will be a focus on weight loss, and I would love to have the group accountability here :)
  • joagutierrez12
    joagutierrez12 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi! My name is Jo. I gained about 30 lbs in the last year and a half. "Happy fat" as my mom calls it. Too many date nights eating out. Seeing the scale at 158 when I've always been in the 125-130 range blew me away. I've lost 10lbs since the beginning of August and I Will lose 15 more. On a 5'2" frame it was more than a little weight.
  • LouiseSangster15
    LouiseSangster15 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi
  • LouiseSangster15
    LouiseSangster15 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi, my name is louise! My SW is 14st 8.5lbs and CW 14st.
    Never used this side of MFP so hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon!! Looking forward to being part of the group :)
  • smarkham22
    smarkham22 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my name is Susan, I am excited to join everyone in this group. I want to lose 40 lbs by Mar 2018.
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 83 Member
    Hi my name is Ang and I see this group as an excellent way to cement my commitment to losing weight.

• Kimbertastic
    Kimbertastic Posts: 3 Member
    Hello!

I'm Kim and I'm an all or nothing kind of person. It's awesome when I'm on it but sucks when I'm off. I totally went hard eating over the last year and a half and gained like 50 lbs. I felt super fit and sexy at 153 and I'm determined to get back at it. As of today I'm at 198.2lbs.

Thanks for creating this group for accountability.

Kim
  • mwoitach
    mwoitach Posts: 39 Member
    Hi!!! Have not been on FP for a few weeks. My son got married and I planned on taking s break. Had pumpkin ice cream last night before starting back - just so it wasn't calling my name all week. So ready to get back to a routine of eating and exercise. There's some damage but I won't know how much until I weigh in Friday. Surprisingly - I am so happy to be writing this message and getting reconnected. Good Luck this week everyone!!! We can do this!!!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,056 Member
    @mwoitach welcome back :smile:
  • mandyme211
    mandyme211 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello!

My name is Amanda and I've recently started using MFP regularly again, although I've had the app for about 3 years. I joined this group for motivation and to be held accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend! I really want to be healthy and feel better in my body!

SW: 187
    GW: 120
    CW: 174.3 (last time I weighed was 9/29/17)
  • Zytera
    Zytera Posts: 4 Member
    Hi my name is Leigh, I am new to MFP and to getting healthy! Hoping to see some results from this as I would love to feel good about myself again. My start weight is 185, however it may not be accurate as I weighed myself later at night and with jeans on. We will see when I weigh myself tomorrow morning. My goal weight is 150 for now (before baby weight) though I may go even lower.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone KT here. Trying to lose 25lbs with physical limitations. Have lost 5.6lbs so far. Would love some support and motivation on the journey.
  • mihimamao
    mihimamao Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey folks, pretty new to mfp, moving toward my forever lifestyle! Started here 2 October 2017 @ 130 kilos, today I'm @ 124.7 kilos and goal is 80 kilos .. I am trying to design my own program around my needs as I have intolerances wheat/dairy/soy/peanut/cod/egg whites plus I am semi-vegetarian and moving towards a meat-free existance so I am in a experimental and transitional phase looking at as much info advice etc as I can. Am glad to have found this group to keep me real :-)
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    I have been here for about 2 months but just starting this weight check in. Lost a little more than normal with a stomach virus the last two days. Finally feeling better and eat. Today I am not counting my calories just recording what I have eaten, after two days of not keeping food down. I decide I could eat what I wanted to today. (So far spirit and crackers for the most part) It my 4 year anniversary and my Husband has what I have. Looks like take out from Panera for our dinner tonight. Soup sounds good to me. My birthday is in 3 weeks and I am hoping to hit the 20 pound mark, I am at 18 loss this morning.
  • knrmn988
    knrmn988 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all, I'm Keondra and came across this group in the community section! I've been on MFP for years, but am just recently getting serious about fat loss again. I could always use more motivation and accountability and I'm hoping to find that here. Please feel free to add me as a friend on MFP and Fitbit Keondra N. We've got this thing in the bag!

SW: 315
    GW: 180
    CW: 280.2
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 140 Member
    Hi There! I am Heidi.. Have been on FP for many years, slumped away and now back with the hopes of gaining a sense of community and accomplishment. I just can't do it alone. I am 59 years old right now.. and turn 60 in 2 days.... TWO days! Ugh. I want to exercise more and eat less.. that works, right? Thanks for being here!!!

SW: 143
    GW: 125
  • chardonais21
    chardonais21 Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi all, new here - hoping I can join! Started the beginning of October with a goal to lose 35lbs - weight that has crept up on me in the last couple of years due to a lot of inactivity.....

SW: 185
    GW :150
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 77 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m looking to lose just over a stone and I would love to give and receive some support. I currently am a member of Slimming World. I’ve just been diagnosed with prediabetic and I’m eating low-carb meals. I’m still trying to work out if the two are compatible! Good luck to everyone.