TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi guys need some suggestions on protein powder. Planning to make fresh juices at home any suggestion on protein powder to use
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Wow! I missed a bit due to picking up my niece for a birthday week visit (we are 8 days apart as far as date goes, many more years apart otherwise!). It is wonderful to hang out together.

So I caught up my weight posting (down .7 lb which is not a lot but at this close to goal, I'll take it!), and have been having a bit of party time that I'll have to work off later in the week. We DID go on a nice long snowshoe expedition though, so many calories burned off in the barely above 0F temperatures.

@kkmark for your protein powder - do you care if it is vegetarian, vegan, etc.? I use a collagen protein that I like a lot, even though I do not eat meat very much at all. It seems to help with nails, hair, and joints.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Hopefully my new "exercise" is over for awhile ... spent about an hour each of the last two days manhandling the snowblower. (Turns out that a large showroom distorts the actual size of a piece of equipment. This one clears snow wonderfully, but it's a tossup re who is in charge).

Indoor pool and indoor riding ring means that other exercise continued. Good day.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Wow! I missed a bit due to picking up my niece for a birthday week visit (we are 8 days apart as far as date goes, many more years apart otherwise!). It is wonderful to hang out together.

So I caught up my weight posting (down .7 lb which is not a lot but at this close to goal, I'll take it!), and have been having a bit of party time that I'll have to work off later in the week. We DID go on a nice long snowshoe expedition though, so many calories burned off in the barely above 0F temperatures.

@kkmark for your protein powder - do you care if it is vegetarian, vegan, etc.? I use a collagen protein that I like a lot, even though I do not eat meat very much at all. It seems to help with nails, hair, and joints.

Thank you. I dont mind anything us good with me.
  • jan110144
    Options
    Username : an110144@gmail.com
    Week 3 (?) Weigh-in
    Weigh-in date: Monday
    Previous weight: 138
    Current weight: 138.5

I have been bouncing around between 137.5 and 138.5 for the past two weeks. I'm only 3.5 pounds from goal, so I guess it is to be expected. Still .....
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 287
    CW: 288.2
    I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Back to the Basics - Trust the Process!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 2 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 0.63%
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.46%
    3rd - WaistAways - 0.42%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 46.7
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 29.3
    3rd - WaistAways - 24.8

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @dee_toronto - 4.44%
    2nd - @mari_moulin - 3.03%
    3rd - @Sunshineplace - 3.01%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Navydaddjtc - 8.3
    2nd - @dee_toronto - 8
    3rd - @ShowKitten - 7.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@ShowKitten @Ashleigh1178 @Jactop
    @Navydaddjtc @WishfulThinning18
    @Astrue @Cyndiesstuff

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Trimstones - 880,593
    2nd - Weight No More - 823,626
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 822,368
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hello team Waist Aways.

Im sorry to tag everyone again but we are gettin our butts whooped in the stepping challenge. We have a few challengers not checking in with their steps and we still have 2 open spots for anyone willing to join us. I know we can do better than this team! Who is ready for the challenge? All you need is some sort of step tracker and the courage to get up and get to walking!! Please help out your team.

@Andreabroadley
    @Jugar
    @Astrue
    @cccallahan
    @evangsimmons170
    @gabi_texanmom
    @GettingFitTash
    @Jan110144
    @MoStacy
    @tdrjustus3
    @iluvnufoods
    @orngnerdz
    @Karenesg
    @kkmark
    @Nicole3921
    @offitgoes
    @Blackbeautysue
    @asheetagupte7272
    @Bear479
    @BMcC9
    @Connie7355
    @LTFitz89
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @Sue_01
    @Inspire2019
    @Marieyeyeam
    @me_jello
    @Micki48
  • jugar
    Options
    @tdrjustus3 and @jan110144 your weights are posted - don't worry, we must be hibernating or something. It is SO COLD here that is all I want to do, and I really like winter...

Remaining Monday weigh-ins -- help us out here! We're having a rough Monday:
    @Astrue
    @cccallahan
    @evangsimmons170
    @gabi_texanmom
    @GettingFitTash
    @MoStacy
  • jugar
    Options
    @mari_moulin I never signed up for the steps challenge! I said I might, but never got a tracker... Sorry! Maybe after the temps go above 0 Fahrenheit, but for now I get steps on the snowshoes, but I doubt it adds up to the kind of steps I get when walking and hiking more.

@kkmark - give the collagen protein powder a try. I use Great Lakes. I like that it has no flavour at all, and can be put into anything hot or cold. It is also supposed to help joints, nails, hair, etc.

@jan110144 - I feel your pain! I am also within 3-4 pounds of goal, and it bounces up and down all the time. It's frustrating, but I think the goal can be flexible enough to include where we are. Next month I might move myself to the "cheer squad" so that hovering around the same weight won't weigh down the team stats! I'll still continue to weigh in anyhow, but I doubt I'll move much below where I am now for the moment. Those last 3-4 pounds might not be that important, especially in winter.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    User = evangsimmons170
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 353.4
    Current Weight = 349.6
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    5x3u17cb6czr.jpg

MONDAY MOTIVATION!!! Have a great day!
  • mari_moulin
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday team!! Ugh such a busy weekend for me so sorry. I’ve been such crap keeping up with you all. I hope you’ve all had a great weekend. They are by far the hardest for me. I always over eat/drink and ruin a good part of my weeks progress. I always spend the first half of my week repairing all my weekend damage.

Anywho, here are my workouts. For the weekend. Zumba class tonight. I’ve felt a bit off these past couple of days so not sure how well I’ll do but I’m gonna give it my best.
    xlbpmeot7r7f.jpeg

iw1kdpsqqmwd.jpeg

2ik39dz1ou4x.jpeg
  • GettingFitTash
    GettingFitTash Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Week 3 - Monday weigh in
    PW: 198.6
    CW: 197 😁
  • jan110144
    Options
    Hello team Waist Aways.

Im sorry to tag everyone again but we are gettin our butts whooped in the stepping challenge. We have a few challengers not checking in with their steps and we still have 2 open spots for anyone willing to join us. I know we can do better than this team! Who is ready for the challenge? All you need is some sort of step tracker and the courage to get up and get to walking!! Please help out your team.

@Andreabroadley
    @Jugar
    @Astrue
    @cccallahan
    @evangsimmons170
    @gabi_texanmom
    @GettingFitTash
    @Jan110144
    @MoStacy
    @tdrjustus3
    @iluvnufoods
    @orngnerdz
    @Karenesg
    @kkmark
    @Nicole3921
    @offitgoes
    @Blackbeautysue
    @asheetagupte7272
    @Bear479
    @BMcC9
    @Connie7355
    @LTFitz89
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @Sue_01
    @Inspire2019
    @Marieyeyeam
    @me_jello
    @Micki48

Sorry team, but my exercise does not lend itself to steps ... weights, horseback riding, and water exercises.
  • jan110144
    Options
    User = evangsimmons170
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 353.4
    Current Weight = 349.6

Yay! Good for you!!!
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @Astrue
    Weigh in week 3
    Weigh in day Monday
    Previous week 155.4
    Current week 153.9
  • cccallahan
    cccallahan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @cccallahan
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 282.2
    Today: 279.8
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    Why we all keep showing up ...

Determination: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult.
    u04hjindbu7x.png
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Why we all keep showing up ...

Determination: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult.
    u04hjindbu7x.png

Love this!!
This discussion has been closed.