TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Still recovering from my long long cold. Mr. 6 is now about where I am, Mr. 4 is now in acute sick mode ( 103 F fevers), and husband had fever a couple days ago, and now appears to have pink eye.

On the positive side: we got our lazy bones moving to clean house and vacuum today, plus I finally cleaned out the pantry, removing food items we no longer use and better organizing what's left, and I also started clearing clothes out of my dresser and closet, sorting what could be donated and consigned.

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @LesickaBod, sure hope Mr 4 is feeling better soon. Your family has sure been through it! Awesome work on the house!
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Username cjscoey
    January Week 4
    PW:174.8
    CW:176

Ugh same 2 @#&$@ lbs
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Hang in there, @cjscoey!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, went for a walk
    Calories:- Yes, so far
    Tracked:- Yes
    Next month our family is switching to lean mince and supporting our local butcher instead of Woolworths. Hopefully that helps the waistline for all the adults in our house. I'm also going to try and shop at a local fruit and veg shop to try and make things cheaper.

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 26
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 25 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Short walk before going to my fathers for his birthday. My fathers birthday is on Australia day, and we have a holiday for it Monday.

Late night as was preparing for a drone race.

January 27
    Exercised?: Yes. (Drone track setup and pack up)

Designed the drone track used for todays race. Raced well. Made lap times I was happy with. I finished 8th out of 8th for the day in my division. To be fair I had just stepped up to the top division, after winning the second top division last season. I was expecting this result.

Also have now taken over the secretary's role in the drone racing club (as the existing secretary stepped down). It is a needed change and hopefully I can help steer the club out of it's present difficulties with membership and public perception. Fortunately the club is OK financially, so no need to find extra on that front.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good Morning!! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@Gyrl_on_A_Journey
    @Reine2019
    @WishfulThinning18

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 5
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great day!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@LeslckaBod.
    @BonnieHosk85.
    @Gyrl_on_A_Journey.
    @Reine2019.
    @WishfulThinning18.
    @amynew4u.
    @Bechoe.
    @eevang.
    @jaweeston.
    @michellelagle.
    @stacy556.
    @Tnknoxt.
    @zimborunner.
    @beachb2027.
    @12sarah2015.
    @caitlynns727.
    @inshapeCK.
    @kkmark.
    @Stimpy56.
    @cjscoey.
    @fe452436.
    @runnerjess119.
    @AnnaZimm70.
    @corriepelc.
    @robandy12345.
    @ShareASmile.

This is the last week of the January Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the February Challenge.

The February challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (February) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10722846/team-gutbusters-february#latest
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    January 27
    Exercise:- Yes, both days 90 mins or so on the trails. Beautiful mornings, but Saturday there must have been at least 150 runners - not very pleasant when they don't share the limited track width. But on the up, saw a large pack of coyotes cross right in front of me, at least 12.
    Calories:- Yes, making better choices - except for 2 glasses of red wine on Saturday night - it's the weekend is my excuse!
    Track:- Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent Bike: 21 minutes; walking dog 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    January 27
    Exercise:- Yes, both days 90 mins or so on the trails. Beautiful mornings, but Saturday there must have been at least 150 runners - not very pleasant when they don't share the limited track width. But on the up, saw a large pack of coyotes cross right in front of me, at least 12.
    Track:- Yes
    Well done for running. I would have been scared!
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Looking back over pictures when myself and my husband were much thinner. Its been 8 months for him but about 18 months for me when I was happy with my weight. Today's cooler. I've got a one mile exercise in. Will try and do 3-4 more miles today.
  • Reine2019
    Reine2019 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Reine2019
    January Week 5
    PW: 236.8
    CW:236.0
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Struggling a bit. Mr. 4 is still pretty bad off, and definitely won't be at day care tomorrow. This makes about 1 day in the last two weeks when both boys have been at school/ day care. Getting a little tough to get work done. Food wise, not my best, and missed exercise today. Ugh.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 28
    Exercised?: Yes. (Drone track setup and pack up - over 8000 steps)

Public holiday today. Good weather so I went out flying.

First day of school year tomorrow. Daughter will be starting year 10. In Australia, after end of year 12 is university, or college as the US call it.

With school going back, my wife is looking forward to re-establishing routine. Despite the lack of regular waking over the school break (usually walks after taking daughter to school), with the keto diet and the fasting she has maintained both good blood sugar readings and weight loss achieved last year. So proud of what she has done (and is continuing to do).

Also daughter is in an amateur theatre company production tomorrow night (and nightly performances for the remainder of the week).
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    It’s our last Monday weigh-in for January. Congratulations to all who have stayed the course. We’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@amynew4u
    @Bechoe
    @eevang
    @jaweeston
    @michellelagle
    @stacy556
    @Tnknoxt
    @zimborunner

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 5
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great day!
  • tnknoxt
    tnknoxt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tnknoxt
    Start weight 224
    Current 216
    My goal this week is to up my workouts intensity and decrease carbs.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @LesIckaBod, that's so awesome. Congrats! So sorry Mr. 4 is still under the weather. Hope he's feeling better soon!
This discussion has been closed.