Daily post

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 25 minutes treadmill and 15 minutes weights
    Goal: stay motivated!!!
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I started the Keto diet on Jan. 15th. Doing well with weight loss and am enjoying the food. Up 'til now, I've been counting my calories. According to experts on Keto, watching macros is more important than counting calories, so, starting today, I'm stopping counting calories and will record my Keto macros on my daily post instead. It's nice that I can set my goals for my macros with MyFitnessPal. If I plateau, I'll go back to counting calories. Anyone else doing a ketogenic diet?
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I started the Keto diet on Jan. 15th. Doing well with weight loss and am enjoying the food. Up 'til now, I've been counting my calories. According to experts on Keto, watching macros is more important than counting calories, so, starting today, I'm stopping counting calories and will record my Keto macros on my daily post instead. It's nice that I can set my goals for my macros with MyFitnessPal. If I plateau, I'll go back to counting calories. Anyone else doing a ketogenic diet?

I always wanted to try but can't find a good information about recipes and the right food plan
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I wanted to try keto, too, but I felt like it was more important to keep my morning espresso habit for sanity. I also figured it would be easier to continue a lifestyle for maintenance eating food I plan to keep eating. It may take longer for me to lose, but I will have plenty of practice eating healthier. In general, I do try to keep carbs in check still.
  • over_oxers
    over_oxers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 27, 2019
    Track - Yes
    Calories - Over
    Exercise - Yes

Spent an hour on the trail with the dog, and oh how I've missed it!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Big win for Team Flab-U- Less and Mram 3582. You are doing a great job! Yeah!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Daily Post..Jan/28
    Track...Yes.
    Cal. ...Over by 200. Cannot believe it, but its true. No junk eaten.
    Exercise. Yes.. High impact aerobics x 40 mins and treadmill x20mins
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    lk2011 wrote: »

I wanted to try keto, too, but I felt like it was more important to keep my morning espresso habit for sanity. I also figured it would be easier to continue a lifestyle for maintenance eating food I plan to keep eating. It may take longer for me to lose, but I will have plenty of practice eating healthier. In general, I do try to keep carbs in check still.

@lk2011 I feel the same way. With over 100 lbs to lose, I need to do what I can maintain over the long haul. More importantly, I need to learn the valuable lesson of discipline that only comes over time. Just my 2 cents.
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 1/28
    Current weight 256.3

Really kicking this into motion now that my gym is open and I am finding new meal receipes
  • Starshine15
    Options
    mrs1spy wrote: »

I always wanted to try but can't find a good information about recipes and the right food plan

@mrs1spy - There are tons of recipes online along with food plans. Also lots of books.
  • Starshine15
    Options
    Daily post for Monday, Jan. 28
    Track: Yes
    Keto Macros: No - over 8g carbs - Not too bad.
    Exercise: No
  • Starshine15
    Options
    lk2011 wrote: »

@lk2011 I feel the same way. With over 100 lbs to lose, I need to do what I can maintain over the long haul. More importantly, I need to learn the valuable lesson of discipline that only comes over time. Just my 2 cents.

@lk2011 I understand. I've been eating a 'balanced' diabetic diet for over 2 year. There were just too many carbs for me to lose more than 2 lbs month. My plan for the long haul is to increase my carbs to 50/day to maintain my weight once I've achieved my goal. I also don't think that a ketogenic diet is meant for everyone. It sounds as if you know what will work best for you. Good luck to us all!
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Calories: over 278
    Track: yes
    Exercise: no

January 27th CW 149.2
    PW: 153.4
    December SW: 153.7
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day: Much better day today 😊
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Track:Yes
    Calories:so far under, but I feel a snack coming on. I’ll try to stay under my extra exercise calories
    Exercise:snow shoveling
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    @WA_Teacher Do you think that keeping an emotion diary along with your food diary would help you identify why/when you're eating?
    I'm not sure but I'm willing to give almost anything a try. Thanks for the idea.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 28th
    Calories: Over😐
    Exercise: 35 min kettlebell workout
    Last night's sleep: 5 hours
    Today's water intake: 50 ounces
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options