TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hey all....just trying to lose some weight to fit into a bridesmaid dress in August! Loving these challenges.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my third month in the challenge. I lost 5lbs in January and I’d like to lose that in February. In December and January, I was mostly focused on my mental health. This month, I’m focused on physical health.

My doctor wanted me to take a break from keto because some health concerns, but now I got the go ahead to get back to eating that way. For this week, I’m trying to stay under 40g net carbs and next will try to stick under 25g.

In January, I majorly slacked on my walking and exercise, so I’m going to try to get back into it in February.

I also love getting ideas from other people’s food diaries, so please send me a friend request if you want more friends!

Good luck everyone!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I like the journaling idea. I used to journal for short periods of time in my life when unbelievably stressed, so perhaps it's time to jot down what's making me tick every time I start heading for the fridge.

It can be very cathartic!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options

Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise yes walking
    Goals/Day/Comments: started the day with 2 hours of aqua size. Went to my doctors and climbed up 7 flights of stairs. Next is weight training. I just what to start the week off great.
  • digger61
    Options
    Hello, all. I'm Cindy and this will be my 4th month with the challenge. 4 1/2 months ago I got disgusted with being fat and decided to do something about it. I've lost 45 lbs so far and I've got about 95 lbs to go. My diet goals are primarily to stay over 100 protein and under 90 carbs....with a total calorie limit of 1350. When I first started on my journey I couldn't walk around the block. Walking from my car to my office was exhausting. I now ride my exercise bike 12 - 13 miles a day as well as walk a couple of miles during the day when I am at work. I need to start some sort of weight training but I haven't been successful in talking myself into that yet. My weight goal for the month is to lose 10 lbs and finally get out of the morbidly obese range. This is a great group ....it helps keep me accountable.

well come back
  • digger61
    Options
    Hi all! Newbie in this challenge. Used to be very fit but struggling with a disability that decided to make my life fun out of nowhere & limits my mobility. No more daily 5 mile runs or long workouts at the gym, sadly. Gained a bunch of weight and need to get it under control. I excel at stress eating so.... Would love love love to get out of the 150s for February!

welcome to the group
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    My name is Jason - this is my first/fourth round with The Biggest Loser Challenge! Did pretty well a few months back, but you know, life. Ended up leaving - there was too much going on and I needed to cut back tremendously. I regained 20 pounds in the last 3 months, so my goal right now is to get back to where I was - 140lbs.

I reside in St. Louis, MO with my wife and 6 (yes, SIX) beautiful children. One is 17, so I guess he's not really a child anymore. I work a normal job during the day - I got my Property and Casualty/Life Insurance Licenses recently and now work for State Farm. So, I went from a pretty active daily routine to a sedentary job. Then,4 out of 7 days I help my buddy with his commercial cleaning business. Between those things, and all the activities my kids are in - Band, Dance, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball...and the church functions and other school functions, it is hard for me to get a lot of exercise in. I was getting jogging in every other day - and managed to get to where I could run a mile and a half nonstop. Not in this weather!!!!

The biggest thing I have been working on is my food... portion control, etc. I follow the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting system. It isn't a diet, but more meal timing. I find it works for me - it may not work for you or be your cup of tea. I won't ever say its a cure all or the magic bullet, but it helps me.

I have 20 pounds to lose to get me back to where I was. So, here I am, back at it!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    My name is Jason - this is my first/fourth round with The Biggest Loser Challenge! Did pretty well a few months back, but you know, life. Ended up leaving - there was too much going on and I needed to cut back tremendously. I regained 20 pounds in the last 3 months, so my goal right now is to get back to where I was - 140lbs.

I reside in St. Louis, MO with my wife and 6 (yes, SIX) beautiful children. One is 17, so I guess he's not really a child anymore. I work a normal job during the day - I got my Property and Casualty/Life Insurance Licenses recently and now work for State Farm. So, I went from a pretty active daily routine to a sedentary job. Then,4 out of 7 days I help my buddy with his commercial cleaning business. Between those things, and all the activities my kids are in - Band, Dance, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball...and the church functions and other school functions, it is hard for me to get a lot of exercise in. I was getting jogging in every other day - and managed to get to where I could run a mile and a half nonstop. Not in this weather!!!!

The biggest thing I have been working on is my food... portion control, etc. I follow the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting system. It isn't a diet, but more meal timing. I find it works for me - it may not work for you or be your cup of tea. I won't ever say its a cure all or the magic bullet, but it helps me.

I have 20 pounds to lose to get me back to where I was. So, here I am, back at it!

Welcome back
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise not yet. Still getting over this cold. Feeling much better but not 100 %
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Hi! This is my third month in the challenge. I lost 5lbs in January and I’d like to lose that in February. In December and January, I was mostly focused on my mental health. This month, I’m focused on physical health.

My doctor wanted me to take a break from keto because some health concerns, but now I got the go ahead to get back to eating that way. For this week, I’m trying to stay under 40g net carbs and next will try to stick under 25g.

In January, I majorly slacked on my walking and exercise, so I’m going to try to get back into it in February.

I also love getting ideas from other people’s food diaries, so please send me a friend request if you want more friends!

Good luck everyone!

Welcome back.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Hey all....just trying to lose some weight to fit into a bridesmaid dress in August! Loving these challenges.

You can do this!!!
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post -Tuesday

Calories:/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes 30 mins weights and 60 mins aquasize
    Goals/Day/Comments: going to aquasize this morning leg day on weights today
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins walk, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: A day late and a dollar short this week, that's looking like how it's going to go. I guess I have too many things to do and I realize now I forgot to post this.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 15 mins walk (too cold to go longer), 15 mins elliptical, 90 mins weight training.

Comments: It's flipping cold outside and now it's going lower. Will not be hanging outside tomorrow since it's a high of 8 with a wind chill of like -25ish. Tomorrow will be a gym day.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to this team and challenge! My first one! I really look forward to supporting everyone!

My name is Sally and I am 38, current weight 141.2. I am looking at losing four pounds in Feb!
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post -Wednesday
    Calories:/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes 30 mins weights leg day and 60 mins aquasize
    Goals/Day/Comments: going to aquasize this morning to videao workput
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to this team and challenge! My first one! I really look forward to supporting everyone!

My name is Sally and I am 38, current weight 141.2. I am looking at losing four pounds in Feb!

@Fitness327wk Welcome Sally!! Let's crush Feb!
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gonna be pretty quiet this week--we're moving.Trying to make sensible meal choices in small portions, but that's about all I have the energy to think about for the next week or so.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@Fitness327wk Welcome Sally!! Let's crush Feb!

All! I am enticed for the February challenge and let’s CRUSH IT!!!! YEA! Please free to add me as a friend as I love to support others. I will do the daily accountability post and my weekly weigh in. Friday I will post my results unless you would rather me do it a different day. I weigh daily.

LETS kick some rear!
This discussion has been closed.