Leslie Sansone February 2019 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
February (2019)

WELCOME to all walkers!

It will be February, 2019 sooner than we realize it, so I am posting a bit early this time :laugh:. Then it will be time to start a new monthly challenge! The second one for this year! So lets make February an extraordinarily awesome month while we continue through 2019. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what January turned out to be for each of us! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Crisp and cold, and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the February it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into February of 2019! Come join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy February.

Let us continue through 2019 by walking strong, and with the determination!

Blessings <3 ,

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Welcome, @evangsimmons170, to February’s walk challenge. We are happy that you are joining us.

:flowerforyou:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Welcome, @evangsimmons170, to February’s walk challenge. We are happy that you are joining us.

:flowerforyou:

Thanks @texasgardnr I'm from Texas too!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello evangsimmons170. It's always good to find another Leslie fan. :) Cheering you on to your February goal.

I haven't decided yet what I am going for in February. I'm anxious to see how I did with my January challenge which was upping my strength workouts.
  • evangsimmons170
    AnnofB wrote: »
    Hello evangsimmons170. It's always good to find another Leslie fan. :) Cheering you on to your February goal.

I haven't decided yet what I am going for in February. I'm anxious to see how I did with my January challenge which was upping my strength workouts.

How are you measuring your progress on your strength workouts in January? Just wondering.
  • AnnofB

How are you measuring your progress on your strength workouts in January? Just wondering.

At the beginning of January, I measured my biceps, hips and thighs before starting doing 3 instead of doing just 2 strength workouts a week. So... I hope to be a bit thinner. I do feel I am a bit stronger. I can do 3 real pushups! That's a coup for me, ha-ha.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    edited January 2019
    And of course I will be here too........ :):)<3:) Goal is 3 miles a day 6 days a week for 72 miles for the month
  • As i am just getting back into exercising period im only going to commit to doing Leslie's 1-Mile Walk video 3-4 times a week, for total of 12-16 miles total over the course of Feb.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,096 Member
    I'm holding my mileage for February since it is a short month. 70miles tracked for me.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,485 Member
    In keeping with my yearly goal to increase my miles over 2018, I am going to exceed last February's total miles of 102.6! Since it is a short month, I am thinking I will need to sit a lot less as well! :smile:

February Goal 102.6 + miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    February Goal: 3 strength workouts per week.

Keep Walking!
  • evangsimmons170
    Hi there! I'm new to this group, and I love Leslie's workouts! I have over 30 of her DVDs, plus the app. I even became one of her walk leaders several years ago and led a couple of classes here in Texas. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

My goal for February is 180 miles. (I also do Run The Year 2019, where I'm working towards walking 2,019 miles by 12/31/19.) So I say, let's do this! :smile:

I'm changing this month's goal to 200 miles. I'm pumped and ready to go!
  • evangsimmons170

At the beginning of January, I measured my biceps, hips and thighs before starting doing 3 instead of doing just 2 strength workouts a week. So... I hope to be a bit thinner. I do feel I am a bit stronger. I can do 3 real pushups! That's a coup for me, ha-ha.

You got this, @AnnofB :smiley:
  • AnnofB

You got this, @AnnofB :smiley:

Thank you, evangsimmons!
  • AnnofB
    Goal: 3 strength workouts a week

2/1....35 minute strength workout by Cathe Freidrich
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    2/1 1 fast mile and 4 power miles...... Leslie Sansone all the way
    2/2 4 of 5 Mega miles with Leslie 9 miles for Feb and 73 for 2019 mile 2 & 4 with firm band
  • evangsimmons170
    edited February 2019
    Question: I know our "miles" can include all miles walked, even Leslie Sansone's, but how are you are counting Leslie's miles? For the mileage she says it is, or the mileage Fitbit says it is, which is almost 50% less than what Leslie says? Heretofore, I've just been going by my Fitbit mileage, even when I'm doing Leslie's workouts. It's just easier for me. What do you do?
  • zichab
    edited February 2019
    February Goal 102.6 + miles

2/1-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=2.0 miles total
    2/2-Just Walk-Walk Off Fat Fast-2 miles=4.0 miles total

Well, February is starting off slowly now isn't it! No excuses as I fell down the You Tube hole!!! :laugh: I am going to have to cut that out if my goal is 102 miles in 28 days!!!! Meh, it's early yet! :smirk:

AnnofB Isn't it amazing what strength training does! I love the results, but I hate to do it. Even when my weight does not go down, I wear smaller clothes. I need to get back to it. Maybe next month. You go!!!!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Question: I know our "miles" can include all miles walked, even Leslie Sansone's, but how are you are counting Leslie's miles? For the mileage she says it is, or the mileage Fitbit says it is, which is almost 50% less than what Leslie says? Heretofore, I've just been going by my Fitbit mileage, even when I'm doing Leslie's workouts. It's just easier for me. What do you do?

I use the miles Leslie has on her walks and then subtract the milage from Vivofit mileage. I had the Vivofit set to her miles, but then my stride miles were way off. So if Leslie says it is a 2.0 mile walk and my Vivofit shows 4 miles at the end of the day, I attribute 2 miles to Leslie and 2 miles to ... well... ME! :laugh: I am not sure it makes any difference so long as you use the same measure each time. Anyway, that is how I do it.
  • evangsimmons170
    edited February 2019
    zichab wrote: »

I use the miles Leslie has on her walks and then subtract the milage from Vivofit mileage. I had the Vivofit set to her miles, but then my stride miles were way off. So if Leslie says it is a 2.0 mile walk and my Vivofit shows 4 miles at the end of the day, I attribute 2 miles to Leslie and 2 miles to ... well... ME! :laugh: I am not sure it makes any difference so long as you use the same measure each time. Anyway, that is how I do it.

@zichab thankfully I wear my Fitbit all day everyday. If I do a 5 mile Leslie video, that only equates to about 3 on my Fitbit. So I'll stick with my Fitbit for the mileage since doing so means I'll have to work harder to make my daily goal of 7 miles. ☺ BTW I agree that I'm starting off February too slow. I haven't met my goal yesterday or today. No more excuses!