TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    If anyone has a Fitbit you should friend me. There’s a few people in the group who do the workweek and weekend step challenges. It’s fun and another way to stay accountable.

My username on Fitbit is Mikea2g

I just sent you a request.

I have been active on MFP for a few years(under a different username at one point), but just started getting serious about my weight and have been actively logging for over two months. I am down ~11 pounds since November, but it fluctuates up/down a lot.

I aim to work out at the gym 4-5 days a week with two rest days (Thursday-occasional yoga/strength day, and Sunday-complete rest day). I log my food via weighing, and only *guessing* when I go out to eat.

I am looking forward to this challenge with you all!
    -Christine
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Heather or heaz10. I am in my 40s, happily married and mother to two teenagers ( one of each). My kids keep me very busy. I am quite an animal lover and love to walk. I work with kids in a mental health setting...it can be a very sad job sometimes. I am relatively active, but hurt my knee and back last year which slowed me down And caused my weight to reach its highest. I am trying to keep my goals very attainable. I am shooting for a pound a week ( of course I would love more, but in the past I have gone all in, nearly killed myself and lasted a month). The mini challenge helps keep me accountable. This is my fourth month in the challenge.
  • heaz10
    Options
    2/1:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes shoveling and walking 50 minutes
  • cmhubbard92
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/1
    Track food:
    yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: 50min elliptical
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 155lbs before challenge
    Current weight: 155.6 week 1 feb 2nd
    Goal weight: 140

I hit the gym really hard this week. My weight actually peaked at 159, and on Thursday dropped down to 153. So I fully expect by Sunday to drop down to 153. Water weight is a beautiful thing :s
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    This is my 2nd month doing the challenge - I love the inspiration I have gained from everyone and the weight I have lost from myself! This challenge and the mini challenges are excellent for holding me accountable to my goals. I am definitely not a “fast loser” and I’m happy to see gradual progress. Last month I lost 3 pounds, got my eating in check and felt great exercising. Here’s to more of that in February!

Current weight: 181lbs

I’d love to drop 20 lbs this year. My reward for hitting that goal is a shopping spree for new clothes. I know I’ll get there!
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 mini challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 60 minutes Orange Theory
    Water: 9 cups
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be back and on track! I was able to lose a few pounds in January, but I should have lost more. So, I'm going to lose more this month!
    Starting weight: 181lbs
    Current Weight: 176.8
    GW for February: 166

• cmhubbard92
    Options
    2/2
    Track food:
    yes
    Exercise: 45min elliptical

• khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay here we are!
    Starting weight: 287
    Goal for February is 275
    Goal by May: 250
    What I am doing this month:
    Personal trainer 30 mins 3x a week.
    Low carb diet
    MORE water! 100 oz a day is my goal.
    Logging all meals every day and joining the mini challenge.
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2/1
    Track food: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: 30 min walk
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2/2
    Track food: yes
    Exercise: No

Tomorrow I will try to make sure all three are yes!
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2/2
    Track food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise :Yes! I taught Zumba this morning, lifted weights for about an hour afterwards, then went on a walk with my dog.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    s31c2j9g2s7c.jpeg

This afternoon we have an appointment to add a new addition to our family. We’ve been looking for the right fit. “Penny the Pug” hopefully will be come home with us at the end of the month. She’s half pug and half wiener dog, officially called a pugulier.

Jackie - she is adorable. I had no idea they had such a creation :). I have mini dachshund myself and my daughter is dying for a pug. I definitely need to show her this little beauty.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    My name is Pam. I’m from southwest Louisiana and joined the group in January. I love the support and encouragement they provide, not to mention motivation to stay on track. Looking forward to a great February.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    @HASWLRS - sent you a message
  • pkg1998
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    If anyone has a Fitbit you should friend me. There’s a few people in the group who do the workweek and weekend step challenges. It’s fun and another way to stay accountable.

My username on Fitbit is Mikea2g

Looking forward to the Workweek challenge this week. I have one with some other friends, but they don’t average quite as many steps as me so most weeks it’s not much a “challenge” for me. I’m sure this group will provide the challenge that I need.
  • heaz10
    Options
    2/2:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 30 minute walk
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS - sent you a message

@pkg1998, I sent you a test message. Did you get it?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning, team The Big Butt Theory and welcome to the first official day of the February Challenge!! I need to apologize to you guys. I was not very supportive in January, due to my being away for 12 days in total between two different trips. I did the administration, but not much else. I vow to do better in February, as I have no more trips planned for anytime soon! So, let's get this party started!!

*****If for whatever reason you feel you would like to private message me, please post on this thread that you have done so. I will not receive the message until I message you back and "complete the loop" unless we are already friends on MFP. Don't know why it only works this way, but it does.*****
This discussion has been closed.