2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Great job Team Five for Nineteen! Just reached 200 miles! Trucking right along!

...and we're solidly in fifth place!

Slow and steady! And still well on pace to complete the challenge. Just not by July! 🤣
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Great job Team Five for Nineteen! Just reached 200 miles! Trucking right along!

...and we're solidly in fifth place!

Slow and steady! And still well on pace to complete the challenge. Just not by July! 🤣

True that!!!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Team More & Less finally achieved our 200 mile bib! We're in 4th place right now, but I know @amymoreorless has been tapering for her marathon and both @RisingAboveIt and I have missed some runs in the last week or two. Don't count us out just yet, right ladies? :tongue: Good luck to Amy in her marathon tomorrow!!

Great job, Amy, on your marathon!

I am running my first half marathon this Sunday, so my running this week has been limited. I don't want to risk an injury! I want that medal! :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your 1st HM @RisingAboveIt! Are you excited?

I saw the PT yesterday and we hit it off pretty well. He understood my need/requirement/goal to get back to running. The best news is he wants me to walk - starting with a mile and going from there. If there is no pain I can run 'a little bit' mixed in with the walking.

I had thought about mostly walking my HM this weekend but he agreed that is not a great idea so as hard as it was to do so, I deferred it to next year. They had the best medals this year and I lose my legacy status, oh well there will be more opportunities in my future!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt YAY and good luck on your 1st HM!

@shanaber Bummer on the legacy status but live to run another day sounds like a better plan :)

For those that see my mileage, I had posted in the main thread that my goal is to do both the team and the individual achievement. Will make 150 miles this month and looking forward to when temps warm up and I don't have to take so long to get dressed to get out the door. That way my daily runs can be a little longer.

Everyone has been killing it with this challenge and I am so happy to see that we have not fizzled. B)
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good luck this weekend, @RisingAboveIt! I'm still trying to work up the courage to try a 10k; I can't imagine doing a half marathon any time soon. I'm sure you'll get your medal!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good luck this weekend, @RisingAboveIt! I'm still trying to work up the courage to try a 10k; I can't imagine doing a half marathon any time soon. I'm sure you'll get your medal!

Thank you! I am excited and nervous. I figure as long as I finish on my feet, then all is good!
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Guys I forgot all about this thread..like completely until I received an email from run the edge lol. I am too young to be this forgetful. I am still plugging along but have decided to actually start training for a half marathon(not registered, the only one close is in September) but would like to be at a long run of 15 miles by then. So serious face now! Also bookmarked the thread so I don't forget again.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Go @RisingAboveIt!!! Hope you had a wonderful fun race!!
    Thanks @alanpeisakoff and @elise4270's DH (aka Eric) for keeping us a float!!

Looks like all the teams are making progress and moving right along!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Team More & Less finally achieved our 200 mile bib! We're in 4th place right now, but I know @amymoreorless has been tapering for her marathon and both @RisingAboveIt and I have missed some runs in the last week or two. Don't count us out just yet, right ladies? :tongue: Good luck to Amy in her marathon tomorrow!!

Great job, Amy, on your marathon!

I am running my first half marathon this Sunday, so my running this week has been limited. I don't want to risk an injury! I want that medal! :)

Thanks and good luck @RisingAboveIt !

I have been MIA this week due to marathon recovery. Good job on January miles everyone! I love the awesome dedication and tenacity. You guys rock! :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Go @RisingAboveIt!!! Hope you had a wonderful fun race!!
    Thanks @alanpeisakoff and @elise4270's DH (aka Eric) for keeping us a float!!

Looks like all the teams are making progress and moving right along!

He said “oh” in disappointment that he hasn’t run this week. I think tomorrow we’ll get one in. Yay! All the teams are rocking along! Stay injury free!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I sort of fell off and didn't do much after the first week. I owe you all some Jan miles and will add to Feb miles. Back at it today!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I sort of fell off and didn't do much after the first week. I owe you all some Jan miles and will add to Feb miles. Back at it today!

No worries. We'll get to 2019.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    My first half marathon was great! I stretched a lot through the day and am actually not all that sore today, which surprised me.

b0mw1icdisjg.jpg

I took the picture in my car because I think taking selfies looks so silly, but my husband couldn't be there to take my picture for me :)

Well done!!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt Great job! First HM is a big accomplishment!
  • seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon was great! I stretched a lot through the day and am actually not all that sore today, which surprised me.

b0mw1icdisjg.jpg

I took the picture in my car because I think taking selfies looks so silly, but my husband couldn't be there to take my picture for me :)

Congratulations on your first half!!!
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @RisingAboveIt! I knew you could do it!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your half @RisingAboveIt !!!! We love race details... Unless I've missed it in the mfc thread, amongst the 4 billion posts im behind on ... I'll find it.