Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    If you were offered the job in a phone call try not to worry and call them 1st thing Tuesday letting them know you received a verbal offer but not the letter they indicated you'd receive. I had an important job related doc not make it to my house one time because someone keyed in a wrong number on the zip code. @cgcrutch
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    If you were offered the job in a phone call try not to worry and call them 1st thing Tuesday letting them know you received a verbal offer but not the letter they indicated you'd receive. I had an important job related doc not make it to my house one time because someone keyed in a wrong number on the zip code. @cgcrutch

Thanks. I will call on Tuesday for sure. The letters were sent by email, which is why I don't understand why it would take so long unless they didn't want to offer me the position anymore
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Emails have glitches too though. I've been a licensed active realtor for 20+ years with the same primary email address and every now and then there will be a glitch and a doc won't come/go through. That can be a problem. :# And it isn't one that generates "undeliverable" but rather is just hanging out there in cyber space.

I hope it all works out for you. :)
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Question - let me know if anyone has ever done something low carb or keto for just a short time in order for muscles to "pop" or look more lean for a specific event. I want to try that, but only do it for the (really minimum) time necessary.

• lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »

Thanks. I will call on Tuesday for sure. The letters were sent by email, which is why I don't understand why it would take so long unless they didn't want to offer me the position anymore

I think employers do not have an issue with a candidate calling (as long as you don't do it too often, just once or twice). Best of luck!
  • Trixi510
    Trixi510 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just found the thread and joined as I’ve started a low carb/no sugar Keto type diet for weight loss to help some health issues. Any advice on how to get through the temptations while eating out would be much appreciated as this is my biggest issue!!!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello, 🙋‍♀️ I'm new to Keto diet and MFP. This is my 3rd week.I'm trying to lose weight too.I'm realistic about my progress🤷‍♀️.It took years to put on extra fat🤦‍♀️ so it takes time to lose it, right ?👍
  • Malimalai
    Options
    Dyrum5309 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I started my Keto lifestyle on 1/1. It took me about 4 days to get my keto strips to 1. I am currently sitting at a 3ish level. Best part was lost 11.6 lbs first week. Hopefully this week goes as well.

I used to snack all the time. I am finding that after each meal that I am not hungry for a longer time. I am eating more veggies than before but I am struggling to hit my macros for fat. Adding butter, coconut oil, avocados to everything still not hitting.

Me too, I stop snacking all the time now. If I'm hungry between meals I just drink water🥤 or tea☕.I will try vegetables 🥒🥦too. Good luck.🍀
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Trixi510 depends on where you are going. if you are going to a place that has hamburgers, order without the bun (and other condiments that are carb-heavy, depending on your macro goal for the day); if it has steak, eat steak :); if it is burritos, ask for it in a bowl/no tortilla shell. avoid fried foods (:'(). look at nutrition calculators before-hand, if possible.
    and, most importantly, know that you will not always be able to get by without an accurate carb count or go over your macro. but keep at it. it does become easier (depending on what you are used to/like.)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Trixi510 wrote: »
    Hey! Just found the thread and joined as I’ve started a low carb/no sugar Keto type diet for weight loss to help some health issues. Any advice on how to get through the temptations while eating out would be much appreciated as this is my biggest issue!!!

I don’t recommend them as a staple long term, but fat bombs helped me get away from y sweet tooth and stay satiated until my body got the hang of what was happening.
  • Kiki_StartingOver
    Kiki_StartingOver Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love this daily check in! I am someone who weights daily because it helps keep me on track and for me to understand what foods affect fluctuations (which I never care if the weight goes up because I usually know the cause by now). It has been great motivation for me and for helping see how food works with by body :)
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love this daily check in! I am someone who weights daily because it helps keep me on track and for me to understand what foods affect fluctuations (which I never care if the weight goes up because I usually know the cause by now). It has been great motivation for me and for helping see how food works with by body :)

I weigh daily too, like you I find it helpful.
    I also measure every 2 weeks and try on "almost" clothes. Even when the scale goes up or doesn't move the measurements go down and something fits.

• Malimalai
    Options
    Hi ,#Kiki_StartingOver , #KetoZandra
    I weight daily too🙄.My weight go up twice a week😒.After 19 days,I lost 6.6 lbs/3 kg. To my surprise ! 😲I can fit in all my old jeans!👖🤳 😀That's the motivation I need to stick with Keto diet.👍
  • Malimalai
    Options
    I reviewed my food intake yesterday.I dropped my calories and fat a little bit.I will start doing gentle exercise 🚶‍♀️💃🧘‍♀️🚣‍♀️today.I have a bad knee since last April while I pulled up the old flooring👷‍♀️.I might have to increase my foods due to exercise.🤔
  • Trixi510
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    @Trixi510 depends on where you are going. if you are going to a place that has hamburgers, order without the bun (and other condiments that are carb-heavy, depending on your macro goal for the day); if it has steak, eat steak :); if it is burritos, ask for it in a bowl/no tortilla shell. avoid fried foods (:'(). look at nutrition calculators before-hand, if possible.
    and, most importantly, know that you will not always be able to get by without an accurate carb count or go over your macro. but keep at it. it does become easier (depending on what you are used to/like.)

Thanks, I’ve been trying to do this as much as possible. Just meat and veg on the side. I am keen to try to bake a little more and I would love to find an alternative to bread ie Keto Muffins etc. The recipe I tried was microwaveable and made of egg and coconut flour and honestly it looked and felt so awful I couldn’t even attend to eat it!!! I want something I can use with peanut butter or cheese as a topping ideally

• Trixi510
    Options
    KetoZandra wrote: »

I weigh daily too, like you I find it helpful.
    I also measure every 2 weeks and try on "almost" clothes. Even when the scale goes up or doesn't move the measurements go down and something fits.

I’ve been weighing daily and I am now down 6 kgs since the beginning of the year .. it’s better for me to keep monitoring as it justifies the hard work!! I want to get my BMI down to 30 ideally
  • karenflrz
    karenflrz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Trixi510 wrote: »

I don’t recommend them as a staple long term, but fat bombs helped me get away from y sweet tooth and stay satiated until my body got the hang of what was happening.

Do you have any fat bomb recipes that you think are delicious and would recommend?
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am 50 years old, and 60 lbs overweight. I lost 38 lbs 4 years ago, eating low fat and counting calories, and was hungry a lot of the time. I unfortunately gained it back and then some. I really have been so unhappy with myself, and know I need to make a change. Last Monday I started Keto, but haven't been super strict with carbs. I try to say under 50. I have lost 6 lbs so far and haven't been hungry or craved sugar. I am very happy so far, and just need to keep telling myself, A cookie doesn't taste as good, as being so heavy feels, and I don't need it. I am so surprised how many carbs are in so many healthy things though, like salad and stuff, Why Carbs. I don't know how people can keep it under 20. I feel I couldn't eat much healthier. Have a great day everyone.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am 50 years old, and 60 lbs overweight. I lost 38 lbs 4 years ago, eating low fat and counting calories, and was hungry a lot of the time. I unfortunately gained it back and then some. I really have been so unhappy with myself, and know I need to make a change. Last Monday I started Keto, but haven't been super strict with carbs. I try to say under 50. I have lost 6 lbs so far and haven't been hungry or craved sugar. I am very happy so far, and just need to keep telling myself, A cookie doesn't taste as good, as being so heavy feels, and I don't need it. I am so surprised how many carbs are in so many healthy things though, like salad and stuff, Why Carbs. I don't know how people can keep it under 20. I feel I couldn't eat much healthier. Have a great day everyone.

It is extremely hard to go into ketosis unless you are strict with following your macro amounts. Being super strict with carbs is very important. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.