Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine is a nurse and she is a very healthy weight and keeps her carbs under 50 no processed foods, so that is what I am trying to do and it's been working for me so far. I need to do something I can maintain, and 20 carbs for me is a no go. What I am doing is a huge change for me. I have lost 7 lbs in 10 days so far and even if it's water weight, i am grateful for it. As long as I feel good I am keeping up with what I am doing.

Water weight is still weight. For me, that also equals inflammation so I’m always happy to see it go!
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This site is overwhelming but very helpful I am looking forward to the new friends and motivation
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I’m just coming back from a week long slip up. Man do I need serious accountability! I don’t know why I can’t be trusted to just do the right thing for my body because I know it’s the right thing to do...
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all 38 pages so I'm just jumping in here. I've been graduating into Keto over the past few weeks...the first week or so was getting used to no grains, dairy or sugar, then I tried doing full-on Keto 20g carbs, but find it too restrictive so I changed my macros to 48g carbs, but am now trying to stay between 25-30. I am also staying within my calorie goal for the most part. I'm trying to do what is sustainable for me. I watched a couple of Dr. Berg's videos & found it very helpful to get the basics. I find I am not hungry or craving ANYTHING and he said that would indicate ketosis. He also suggested IF and so far that is going good...I don't eat until Noon & then again between 6-7 pm...he suggested eating a 2nd meal at 4 pm but I'm not even hungry at that point so I wait till I am.

Anyway, I am just keeping it simple & basic, not doing many recipes yet. I'm just trying to get regulated on this before I get too creative LOL. My weight loss hasn't been significant but I'm going to wait for another month to see how my body adapts...it's likely in shock!! But what I like the absolute most so far is no hunger & no cravings. Eating carbs I was hungry & craving constantly. I actually like only eating 2 times a day...it's kind of freeing.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    New to keto... Not to mfp... Been following keto diet for about 3 weeks on recommendation from my gp.
    I'm a 5'2 female, and in 2011 was 117kg. Started walking, then running, and ran a bunch of half and full marathons. By 2013 was down to 78kg for a heartbeat. Got multiple injuries, lifted weights instead. Got injured again needing surgery. Couldn't exercise. Weight crept back to 112kgs. Found out I have severe osteoarthritis in both hips. 8 months ago started duromine and got down to 105kgs- increased exercise simultaneously. I don't overeat and really never have. I'm just a fatty🤔😁. So here I am giving keto a whirl to see if this is the woe that suits me. Glad to have a group of people I can talk to!!!
  • aphasiaman
    aphasiaman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cant get husband back into ketosis. Darn! could it be the Factor 75 keto meals once a day. Only 1 left. We must achieve and maintain therapeutic ketosis for seizure control. Skinny man. Got to keep his weight up and blood sugar in normal range.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all 38 pages so I'm just jumping in here. I've been graduating into Keto over the past few weeks...the first week or so was getting used to no grains, dairy or sugar, then I tried doing full-on Keto 20g carbs, but find it too restrictive so I changed my macros to 48g carbs, but am now trying to stay between 25-30. I am also staying within my calorie goal for the most part. I'm trying to do what is sustainable for me. I watched a couple of Dr. Berg's videos & found it very helpful to get the basics. I find I am not hungry or craving ANYTHING and he said that would indicate ketosis. He also suggested IF and so far that is going good...I don't eat until Noon & then again between 6-7 pm...he suggested eating a 2nd meal at 4 pm but I'm not even hungry at that point so I wait till I am.

Anyway, I am just keeping it simple & basic, not doing many recipes yet. I'm just trying to get regulated on this before I get too creative LOL. My weight loss hasn't been significant but I'm going to wait for another month to see how my body adapts...it's likely in shock!! But what I like the absolute most so far is no hunger & no cravings. Eating carbs I was hungry & craving constantly. I actually like only eating 2 times a day...it's kind of freeing.

Hi lorraine, You can eat dairy foods on keto diet unless you choose not to.x
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @SameMeLessFat Check out Dr. Berry's video on excess skin and the benefits of IF to decrease that situation.

@Malimalai Yes, you can have limited dairy, heavy cream, Greek yogurt but yogurt is still a limited food. Milk is not recommended due to the sugar content. And yes, you can have cheese. I initially cut dairy out, but do have some dairy now. :)
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    If you don’t see me post for awhile,it likely means I’m off the wagon and could use a nudge...
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to restart keto.

Preping meals tomorrow

Sw 171lbs (12st 3lbs)
    Cw 168lbs (12st)
    Gw 154lbs (11st)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @4031isaiah do you need a nudge??? I do as well. I’m still trying to eat Keto but have been more CICO lately at least I’m still Logging and checking in here :o
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @4031isaiah do you need a nudge??? I do as well. I’m still trying to eat Keto but have been more CICO lately at least I’m still Logging and checking in here :o

Yes! Let’s nudge each other!
This discussion has been closed.