Options

Replies

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Mechell15 wrote: »
    steplaj wrote: »
    WORKOUT WARRIORS

I challenge every member of the Workout Warrior team to "STEP IT UP" when it comes to your walking (or running) the rest of this week.

Try increasing your daily step count by adding an extra 1k - 2k - or even 3k extra steps to your daily total... Let's help keep the sneaker industry busy and wear the soles off our sneakers... Be sure to post your adjusted goal here in the team chat...

How about it - who is willing to STEP IT UP...

So it looks like at the end of last week i had about 67k steps. So I will try to hit 74k this week.

Awesome Goal! I know you can do it...

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar steps Tuesday: 11,462
  • kammerkv1
    kammerkv1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kammerkv here. I haven’t posted this week mainly because I took time off the constant thinking of dieting and the feeling of failure as the scale didn’t move. I needed time to really stop feeling so badly about myself.
    After a week away, I actually felt skinning one day and even looked better. Then I went on the scale and it basically stayed the same from the previous month- 224 even though I had moved down to 222 for the first week of February. Oh well.

Current weigh in: 224lb and previous weigh in was 222.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I apologize to you all for disappearing for the last few days. I had a migraine Monday and my usually routine job has gone to heck in a hand basket. I worked 11 hours yesterday and another 10 today cleaning up things that someone at the hospital system we merged with last year should have done two years ago. I have a job after the merger and she doesn't and now I know why. And we're being audited by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is fairly routine, but time consuming.
    I did drag myself to yoga tonight, but I haven't logged my food for two days because finding 5 minutes to do that at work has been impossible.
    And I just got a text from my best friend that her husband has been in a car accident. He's okay, but I'll be driving her 7th grader and mine around tomorrow while they sort out a rental and repairs for his truck.
    Is it Friday yet?
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    All Wednesday weights have been logged.

Up for tomorrow are:
    ConfidentRaven
    Megnolia82
    NikMar
    Patricehm16
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Last nag of the day:

We are missing steps for Monday and Tuesday from @abowersgirl and @myfritzie.
    We are missing Tuesday only from @megnolia.

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Steps
    2/11:14,707
    Still sick
    But had a busier day

Oops, I mistyped. Those steps were for the 12th.

Just to be clear:
    Monday: 4947
    Tuesday: 14,707
    Wednesday: 11,890

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    We’ve had a crazy blizzard for the last two days. Everything closed yesterday but back in business today and the weather was probably worse today lol.

Weigh in tomorrow. Probably not so hot. I am going to log everything tomorrow. I know it’s the only thing that works for me.

Hope you are keeping warm and cozy, wherever you are.

Goodnight!
  • maithileesj
    maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    maithileesj
    Week 1
    Saturday (I'm late! Sorrrryyyy!)
    Starting Weight: 136.0
    Current Weight: 137.5

First off, apologies to the captains and moderators for the tardiness - I didn't get to log my starting weight since I was away on a tour, had no access to a scale, and, honestly, totally forgot about checking in. I also missed my Saturday weigh-in thinking I'll do it before the end of the day but then got caught up in the annual day festivities at my preschooler's school.

Finally, apologies to the team for the gain. My exercise regimen has been off key for several weeks now due to intermittent travel and house guests. Naturally, food has not been on point either. My body seems to want to sleep in even though my mind says I need to go work out. I finally fell out of the stupor last week and have reversed about 2 lb of intra-week gain. I vow to keep it up.

Have another long weekend trip coming up this Saturday. Need to persevere...

@melissafeagins , @Navydaddjtc I noticed that my name doesn't figure on the Feb spreadsheet. I didn't weigh-in for two weeks straight, so I'll understand if I've been taken off the team. But if there's a chance you can put me back on, then I'd really love to stay with this wonderful group!

I'll have to get someone to tell me how this works, but I will try to find out later today

@maithileesj @melissafeagins
    I got her back on the team mari is checking the formula to make sure it's right

Thank you, @Navydaddjtc. I'll do my best not to slip up again.
  • maithileesj
    maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Help! I've been having this terrible craving for chocolate the past week. I'm trying to stick to dark chocolate most of the time, but I know I'm cheating myself when I say 50% dark is dark enough... :(
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Help! I've been having this terrible craving for chocolate the past week. I'm trying to stick to dark chocolate most of the time, but I know I'm cheating myself when I say 50% dark is dark enough... :(

I am in the minority, I know, but if you are really craving it, make it fit your calories. I don't believe any food is bad as long as it is not spoiled. Our bodies are made to crave what we need.
    I keep a bag of chocolate at work, but I put it in my boss's candy dish. Everyone can share, but no one over does because we don't want to bother her to get it. Truth in advertising, since I started that, other people have started purchasing it from time to time.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Steps Weds 13th Feb - 9,542

Traveling
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I didn't end up logging anything yesterday but I know I was over calories. Didn't like what I made for lunch so guess who got a burger, fries and a milkshake? Ugh! I swear I'm disgusted with myself sometimes. Anyway will force myself to eat this super healthy veggie soup which I know will be filling, since I put almost every vegetable known to man in there. Tasty? Not so sure.

Steps for yesterday. Underperformed again at 5956. I really need to get it together!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Steps Feb 13 - 10,787
    Have a great day!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends
    Well as you can see we finally got power, and tel communications back after being down for 48 hours. Mineral looks like a battle zone and the PUD crew's,DOT and County crews are working as fast as they can to restore Mineral to normalcy before the next round of storms come marching through.
    We ended up with 4 1/2 feet of snow. Some of it has melted away just in time for the next blast due up sometime next week according to the weather guessers.
    Know this I am sure that you guys are doing fantastic things with your weight loss journey and I applaud you for doing so. That being said I am not going to try and catch up with all of the post.
    Just know that you all get ^^^^^^5's all around and 👍👍 thumbs up. Stay warm and dry and have a great Thursday. Greg
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/13: 20,609
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of trips in the next week and a half starting this afternoon so I'm sure my steps and eating will be all over the place. Really hoping I can make good food choices on this first trip especially. I'll be staying with my parents and they tend to have tons of junk food sitting around and not much healthy food. I did send them a grocery list to pick up some fruit and a few other things so at least when I wake up tomorrow I can reach for that instead of donuts!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Steve has asked that we increase our steps. Even though I am not on the team 👎👎👎 I have been tracking my steps as I am putting in a ton with the snow blowing goin on here.
    so that being said here are the stats for my stepping
    Feb 3-9 week 1 Totals
    71,802 steps 66 floors 31.99 miles 25,034 calories
    Feb 10- today week 2 totals so far
    Totals
    70,902 steps 72 floors 31.5 miles 19,515 calories
    That make my daily average over the last 7 days of 14,483...2483 over my daily goal.

Now here is my point if I can do this any of you can also. Those of you that are new to the team I let a portion of my right leg and foot in the rice paddies of South Vietnam. No I don't have a state of the art prosthetic leg I have an old school one that has the look of a real one along with color and texture. Yes I know I can go get a new one at the VA Hospital but what the hell for if it anit broke no need to fix it.

Here is a mini challenge from me to you all including those of you not the step team for the rest of the week. Increase your stepping or walking or even running. take the dog for a walk, take the kids out for a walk or invite them to run with you. I have a quad dog lead and I walk all four the kids on one lead and leash. Yes I walk 2 120 pd Rotts and 2 other that are a white lab and a Alaskan Malamute.
    I am not going to give a % or a number just do your best. Walk with a purpose to increase your 💓💓 rate and in turn will burn calories. Idon't how many it will burn, but really does that matter if your are increasing your activity. the calories will burn muscle mass in the legs will increase and your heart and lungs will get stronger. All of that adds up to a win win.
    SO COME ON GUYS WHOSE IN IT TO WIN IT. JOIN ME AND LETS KICK SOME BUTT AND GET HEALTHIER AND STRONGER IN DOING SO!!

• Navydaddjtc
    edited February 2019
    Options
    PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORTED AND PHYSICALS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    FULL SQUAD RETURNS EARLY NEXT WEEK
    OMG I AM LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE AND BAKERY
    BASEBALL BASEBALL AND MORE BASEBALL
    LET SPRING TRAINING BEGIN....
    OH MY GOD IT'S BEEN WAY TO LONG WITHOUT THEM
    GO MARINERS
    22pmycwadcz2.png