WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 - your message is so important. You had a bad week and learned how much all this means. It is amazing how much exercise and healthy eating influence our mood as well as our health. Each time this lesson gets hammered in, the next slip is shorter. One day of bad choices still can feel like there is no way back, but as soon as there is one day of good eating and exercise, there you are - back on track. I'm going to go sniff that perfume in some store next time I'm in a place that carries such things!
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    2/17 - 24,940 steps! No, really! Last day working the Genesis Open. Arrived at the golf course at 6:30 a.m. with the first tee time at 6:40. Left at 5:25 p.m. On my feet most of the entire day. My legs are tired!

Is it OK with everyone if I put Leni in the steps challenge to replace GettingFitTash? I have messaged her, but there is no response, and I think Leni has been doing a great job posting steps etc. @mari_moulin I'll let you be the final arbiter as the founder of all things F2F. Thanks!

And @leni1us - can you send in Friday-Saturday (15-16 Feb) real quick? I have all the other days.
  • jugar
    Options
    This is a bit harsh, but I like it:

mdzre687ifnh.png
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

mdzre687ifnh.png

Not harsh, @Jugar, just reality.
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @jugar I don't think I have been given co-cap access to whatever I am supposed to be updating while you are away ... I KNOW I haven't had any instructions yet .... just sayin' ....

Big daddy @Navydaddjtc just needs your email address to make this work. I also sent you a message. Thanks!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2/17 - 24,940 steps! No, really! Last day working the Genesis Open. Arrived at the golf course at 6:30 a.m. with the first tee time at 6:40. Left at 5:25 p.m. On my feet most of the entire day. My legs are tired!

Is it OK with everyone if I put Leni in the steps challenge to replace GettingFitTash? I have messaged her, but there is no response, and I think Leni has been doing a great job posting steps etc. @mari_moulin I'll let you be the final arbiter as the founder of all things F2F. Thanks!

And @leni1us - can you send in Friday-Saturday (15-16 Feb) real quick? I have all the other days.

Sure and it's okay if they say no to joining mid stream. I'll still keep tracking. It keeps me accountable and it's easy with my Fitbit.
    Friday, 2/15 18,807
    Saturday, 2/16 12,770
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks step team! Thanks to our new member @leni1us we have a complete spreadsheet for week 2 and we did a total of 666,637 steps. It looks like we're in 3rd place for the week! Best showing ever against our rather committed opponents. I bet more of them live somewhere warm. Or something :wink:

@GettingFitTash if you come back, you can take my place while I'm in a car 12 hours a day for a while. That would be fantastic!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

It’s good with me!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

mdzre687ifnh.png

Not harsh, @Jugar, just reality.

Sometimes Tough Love really IS the way to show love / provide motivation.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options

Sounds like you tried to contactGetting Fit Tash. Glad to have @leni1us join us.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/17 4,369
    2/18
    2/19
    2/20
    2/21
    2/22
    2/23

Goal: Over 60,000+ steps for week. I’m almost at 8,000 and today is only half over.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 166.1
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options

It’s good with me!

Thank you!!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 279.8
    CW: 279.8
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    User = MoStacy
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Starting Weight = 166.5 lb (as of 1/28/19)
    Week 1 = 168.6 lb
    Week 2 = 167.8 lb
    Week 3 = 167.3 lb

Steps: Sorry guys, I’m out. I was flat-on-my-back sick last week. I missed 4 days.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    McC9 steps Feb 18: 7308
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday: Vent. Speculate. Ask for strategy suggestions. Respond to others' posts.

We are into the second week of Theme Day Discussion-Starters. How are people liking it? Is there interest in changing any of the options? I am open to alternations.

Quick summary of what's listed so far:

Successes Sunday
    Motivation Monday
    Talk-It Out Tuesday
    Why Wednesday (includes NSVs)
    Thirsty Thursday
    Foody Friday
    Silly Saturday

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Talk it out Tuesday ...

One of my biggest challenges is dealing with those occasional days when I feel that it will be a struggle to do my planned fitness activities. Is it just a day where 'motivation' is lagging and discipline needs to take over, or is it something else?

How do you know when your body is telling you it needs a break vs. just being in a mood where you don't want to do it?

• NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    NikkiDT9211
    Week 3
    Weigh in Day- Tuesday
    PW: 203.8
    CW: 203.8

I'm trying not to let these numbers get to me. I gave it my all this week and it was so disheartening seeing no loss on the scale 😢.
This discussion has been closed.