TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

Welcome new new members, here's an today's inspirational quote:

62rt331cc4s5.jpg

Have a blessed day ❤
    Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • AB0215
    Options
    lateseg wrote: »
    Hello! I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 4 years. Now it’s time for me to lose this “baby weight” so that I can fit into my old clothes. I started at 150lbs. I am currently 142 with a goal of 123. This month I am going to lose 5lbs. No excuses!

@lateseg You're off to a great start, and 5 lbs is a great goal, you got this! Welcome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    I haven't taken great care of myself since I had my kids back the spring of 2015. I know that I can get on track again, but this will be my first time as a parent. I've discovered that EVERYTHING is a bit more challenging when you have kids (at least for me). I've always been overweight and/or on some kind of diet. Last year I completed all the steps to get bariatric surgery, but decided against it. I need to change my lifestyle for my family... I make most of the decisions about food, so I need to set them all up to be successful. I also realize how important it is for me to do this for myself. I want to feel better (physically and mentally).

Goal for the week:
    *Log all my food. Everything. Even bites. (This is the week I refer to as the good, the bad, and the ugly.) Day 2: so far, so good.

Goal for the month:
    *Lose 10 lbs
    *Cook more meals at home
    *Find ways to exercise at home or before work

Long term goal:
    *Lose 100 lbs

@inmylife1979 Hi Beth, welcome! I agree with the surgery, it can help you to lose weight, but if you don't change your lifestyle, you can still gain it back and at that point, it may not be worth it to put yourself through it. I also agree with you about how important it is to take care of yourself, you can't really take care of others if you don't take care of yourself.
    I love your goals, I love how you have them broken down between long and short term, you have a great plan, and you can do this!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    zaraizzy wrote: »
    Hello!! My name is Karla @zaraizzy and I'm new to Slimson! And MFP.

I'm not new to weight loss. Been plateaued for about a year at my current weight, because of physical health and personal problems About a week ago, I decided to join mfp, because I can no longer do it by myself. My heaviest weight was 400 lbs and I'm currently at 297 lbs (103 lb loss). Surprised and thankful that I didn't gain the weight back. But to be honest the way I was eating, I should have gained it all back and them some. Really looking forward to this challenge and all that it entails.

Height: 6'0
    Current weight: 297 lbs
    Challenge Goal weight loss: 10 lbs
    Remaining weight to lose: 117 llbs
    Utimate goal: 180

@zaraizzy Welcome Karla! You have done an amazing job this far, absolutely incredible. You're right it is hard to go it alone, and I'm glad you found your way to us!

And honestly, the best thing for a plateau is change, try making some changes with your food, with your exercise (if you can), etc. Our bodies get used to what we throw at it and eventually we will have to step up our games if we want to continue to lose, so to speak. Sometimes that means adjusting our intake, adjusting the type of food we eat, and adjusting our output, and sometimes it can help to adjust your eating schedule, going longer inbetween meals can help too.

Welcome and I hope we can help you reach your goals! Let's crush March!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    zaraizzy wrote: »
    Hello!! My name is Karla @zaraizzy and I'm new to Slimson! And MFP.

I'm not new to weight loss. Been plateaued for about a year at my current weight, because of physical health and personal problems About a week ago, I decided to join mfp, because I can no longer do it by myself. My heaviest weight was 400 lbs and I'm currently at 297 lbs (103 lb loss). Surprised and thankful that I didn't gain the weight back. But to be honest the way I was eating, I should have gained it all back and them some. Really looking forward to this challenge and all that it entails.

Height: 6'0
    Current weight: 297 lbs
    Challenge Goal weight loss: 10 lbs
    Remaining weight to lose: 117 llbs
    Utimate goal: 180

Karla, congrats on your success thus far and welcome. Here you willl find encouragement along with motivation and maybe a few suggestions to tunnel through your plateaus from likeminded individuals going through similar situation.
  • AB0215
    Options
    paula3311 wrote: »
    Hey team members!! My name is Paula @paula3311 and excited to put myself on a goal to getting me back! I was recently (4 months ago) below 200 for the first time in a long time, but life happened..broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years, him and his kids moved out and I struggled with life and put pounds back on. But I am back and taking me back! I needed something to make me accountable and this was my start!

Height: 5’6”
    Current weight: 213
    Goal weight for month: 206
    Overall weight goal: 180

Weekly goal:
    Drop 3 pounds
    Track everything - food, cardio, everything

@paula3311 Welcome Paula! Getting yourself back is the ultimate goal! And you have to take a little time to focus on you to do it, but you WILL do it!
    And don't be discouraged if you don't do everything right at the start, I wish I could drop 3 lbs a week at this stage, I very rarely do that, and they all add up and eventually you will be look back and be down 20 lbs :smile: You got this, welcome!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    paula3311 wrote: »
    Hey team members!! My name is Paula @paula3311 and excited to put myself on a goal to getting me back! I was recently (4 months ago) below 200 for the first time in a long time, but life happened..broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years, him and his kids moved out and I struggled with life and put pounds back on. But I am back and taking me back! I needed something to make me accountable and this was my start!

Height: 5’6”
    Current weight: 213
    Goal weight for month: 206
    Overall weight goal: 180

Weekly goal:
    Drop 3 pounds
    Track everything - food, cardio, everything

Welcome Paula you've come to the right place. I've been a part of this group off and on since last August and ever greatful for the inspiration and motivation I've receive to keep going to reach my goals no matter how many times I slip up.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi! My name is Beth @inmylife1979 and am a new Slimson!

I haven't taken great care of myself since I had my kids back the spring of 2015. I know that I can get on track again, but this will be my first time as a parent. I've discovered that EVERYTHING is a bit more challenging when you have kids (at least for me). I've always been overweight and/or on some kind of diet. Last year I completed all the steps to get bariatric surgery, but decided against it. I need to change my lifestyle for my family... I make most of the decisions about food, so I need to set them all up to be successful. I also realize how important it is for me to do this for myself. I want to feel better (physically and mentally).

I'm excited about this challenge. I'm excited about the daily post challenge. I need to set some short term goals to get started because I've been saying I need to "get started" for the past 3.5 years.

I'm 39 years old. My weight as of Monday morning was 304 lbs.

Goal for the week:
    *Log all my food. Everything. Even bites. (This is the week I refer to as the good, the bad, and the ugly.) Day 2: so far, so good.

Goal for the month:
    *Lose 10 lbs
    *Cook more meals at home
    *Find ways to exercise at home or before work

Long term goal:
    *Lose 100 lbs

Welcome Beth! You've come to the right place. This group offers encouraging words to motivate you, recipe and other suggestions to help you along with your weight loss goals.

I love your goals you've set for yourself and although I do not have children I can only imagine that it is difficult to manage with children. My best advice to you is plan, prep and prepare. Figure out your meals in advance if possible this way you'll have less opportunity to eat fast food on the go. Also fun & healthy to go snacks that you'll like to dtick in you bag just in case.

As for at home workouts there are a lot of free you tube workouts according to your level or free workout apps on your smartphone I like Skimble. Hope this helps
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    lateseg wrote: »
    Hello! I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 4 years. Now it’s time for me to lose this “baby weight” so that I can fit into my old clothes. I started at 150lbs. I am currently 142 with a goal of 123. This month I am going to lose 5lbs. No excuses!

Welcome! I have faith you'll reach your goal in no time. As you will soon see this group is all about motivating you to success and supporting you during those difficult times when things are going a bit south and offering different suggestions.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I am back. February was a hard month for me. I feel like my eating has been out of control since Valentine's Day. I will really try hard to reign it in this coming month.
    I will be 41 on Monday, have 3 kids, and a husband who can lose weight at the drop of a hat.
    I am determined to be in the best shape of my life before I turn 42.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been part of this challenge since December. I’m a slow loser, it’s taken me since August to lose 20lbs, but this group has been super supportive and motivating!

Lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m a few steps behind in every aspect of my life. Hoping that in March I’ll be able to catch up. Good luck everyone and hope you all have a great month!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cindy. I'm 56 years old and I have been overweight on and off most of my adult life. I've been in this group since November. I've lost 52 lbs since I joined MFP in October. I still have quite a ways to go....but I'm getting there. I currently work with a weight loss physician to help me set my calorie and weight loss goals.

One of my goals this month is to get in 7000 steps every day when I am at work (Monday through Thursday). On Saturday and Sunday I will ride my exercise bike at least an hour each day. Friday is my day off from everything exercise related (except for my weekly shopping trip). I was trying to walk at work AND ride my bike an hour after work every day and that just didn't work for me. I was getting too run down and tired. I've cut that down a bit. I plan to talk to my Dr. about it tomorrow.

A second goal I am going to continue working on is keeping my net carbs under 100 per day and my protein over 100. The carb part is tough for me.

Finally, I want to get out of the morbidly obese BMI range once and for all!! I'm almost there. That is my big goal for March.
This discussion has been closed.