WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    Do we have to register for March.
    @mari_moulin love the green March idea. 💞I pledge to be in green on my Fitbit goals every week and even in weekends. Also to loose 4 lbs by end of March. 💪🏻💪🏻

No need to do anything. You will be auto-rolled over to the March WaistAways team. Just show up in the new chat-room thread once it opens.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY GOALS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖📖

Week 3:

Sun - 🏋🏻‍♀️💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ (morning jog + Zumba class)🍎💧📖
    Tue - 💧📖
    Wed - 💧📖
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 15,969
    Mon - 26,594
    Tue - 10,434
    Wed - 8,670
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I'm still struggling with food intake. im doing great with intermittent fasting but my food choices during my eating window need to improve. Working on that.

• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Threat ThursdayMy mom loves to bake and she makes fabulous chocolate chip cookies. She likes to make them for my husband (who doesn't need them either) and that's really sweet of her but I have a heck of a time staying away from them. I always tell myself I'm only going to eat one but somehow that one ends up being several more. :/ Can't imagine how many calories they have it them!! She is my biggest weight loss supporter but just doesn't understand I have ZERO willpower!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Threat ThursdayMy mom loves to bake and she makes fabulous chocolate chip cookies. She likes to make them for my husband (who doesn't need them either) and that's really sweet of her but I have a heck of a time staying away from them. I always tell myself I'm only going to eat one but somehow that one ends up being several more. :/ Can't imagine how many calories they have it them!! She is my biggest weight loss supporter but just doesn't understand I have ZERO willpower!!

@Connie7355

Try to freeze them maybe that way you will only eat one at a time
  • BMcC9
    Options
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS PLEASE WELCOME YOUR YOUR NEW TEAM MATES FOR THE MARCH CHALLENGE

@nicolajw00
    @MrsBeckiC1

welcome, @nicolajw00 and @MrsBeckiC1 !! I am one of the co-captains of this team, and poster of Leading Questions each day, to foster dialogue.

Let us know something abut you, and can you tell me what day of the week you will be reporting on? Week 1 Day 1 of March will be Sunday, (March 3) and on the new thread, which I haven't heard is set up yet. So join the conversation here in the meantime.

• BMcC9
    Options
    BTW, level of sharing is entirely optional - be guided by your personal comfort level. But this is a support group as well as a team vs team challenge, so we hope you will shout out when there is something we can applaud or something we can help strategize about.

And don't hesitate to respond / applaud / help strategize about things your team-mates post!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I will just keep weighing in during March. Continuing blood clot issues. Bunch of tests soon. Thanks for your support.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/27 11,435
    2/ 28 6,200
  • BMcC9
    Options
    nicolajw00 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My weigh day is on Wednesday.
    I’ve been struggling with my weight and body image for a very long time. I’m a working single mum to two children and struggle to make time to look after myself. I’m very unfit and overweight.
    I’m starting off by tracking my food, reducing how much wine I drink and walking more.
    It’s great to be here and meet you all 😊

That sounds like a great starting place. Logging everything - the good, the bad and even the ugly - is how you will gather the self-awareness data you need to start making small tweaks and substitutions, one choice at a time. Walking will take you far.

IF you choose and would consider it incentive (and have a way to count your steps), you can join our step-challenge and post your daily steps here. They will be added into our whole team total.

But no pressure! If you just want to work on making a regular walk routine in your life, and gradually increase the time or distance without any idea of the # steps, that's good too.

Wednesdays is when we report our NSVs (NON scale victories) so walking progress could be part of that ("I got out more times / went a bit farther / picked up the pace a bit this week compared to last week" .... that kind of thing.)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    Hi all, and welcome to new members!

I am very happy to finally have internet here in Alberta at my daughter's new place. She had her first work day today, and I spent the day cleaning her apartment like a crazy person. The furniture won't arrive until next Tuesday, so we are camping out and making do with borrowed sleeping bags, camping mattresses, a bench from the outside porch that is supposed to be for putting on boots and all, but it is now our table. But the place is now ultra clean, and we have internet as of about an hour ago.

I have been eating like a crazy person too, though. Just enjoying whatever - and not tracking. That will have to change soon - and exercise will get back on track asap as well. I feel fine, but will need to rein things in really soon.

I will not have a way to weigh myself until the second Sunday, but will stick with Sunday weigh-in anyhow.

For you new people, I am the other co-captain with @BMcC9 and I'm off on a trip at the moment, so am not as able to keep up with the team as usual. It should be getting better now that I have internet, but there will be still a few days of unpacking of my daughter's new abode, and then a flight home some time late next week. Then I'll be back to business as usual. Enjoy the beginning of March! I can't believe it is here already.

Tally ho!
  • willrunformartinis
    willrunformartinis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: willrunformartinis
    Week: 4
    Weight in Day: Thursdays
    SW: 181.5
    PW: 176.5
    CW: 172

Steps Challenge
    2/24: 9,674
    2/25: 6,806
    2/26: 6,690
    2/27: 10,047
    2/28: 2,997
    @jugar

The return of my period gave me a bit of anxiety this week, haven’t had it since October, but it turned out well. The good habits I’ve built upon helped me deal with cravings and I didn’t binge like I usually do during that time of the month. I actually lost half a pound! My steps are super lackluster this week and I’m not keeping to my original commitment of 8k steps a day and that’s got me a bit down. I’m making sure to make it up on the days I’m able to go out but I originally hoped to be more consistent. Need to find ways to just get up and move a bit extra. 2 days out of this week I did not have an excuse as to why I didn’t meet my 8k steps a day. A NSV happened today! I was able to take off my wedding rings! Something I haven’t been able to do since LAST YEAR. Love my hubby and rings but it was causing me so much anxiety not being able to take them off.
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Blackbeautysue

Sorry for being late. I had trouble logging in.

Week 4 weigh in
    Weigh in day - Thurs

PW- 224.0
    CW- 222.4

Going down gradually.

• Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the daily step challenge as I have been doing lots of steps lately and this will be a great incentive
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2/28 - 9,544
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Beka beat me to it! I was about to post the same link!

Just a reminder to all Friday and Saturday weigh-ers .... this is STILL the end of Feb week 4 here in the Virtual F2F world despite turning the calendar page "in the tactile world".

The March Challenge Week 1 Day 1 starts on Sunday.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    March 1 --- the season WILL turn (if only astronomically speaking on March 21 LOL) What's your month-long interim goal? How have been your (mostly Non-Scale) Victories in February? I wouldn't mind hearing scale victory shout-outs tooo - but think OTHER success markers as well.
This discussion has been closed.