WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I’d like to lose 2-4 pounds this month.. and take another 1-2 cm off my waist. My NSV in Feb were continuing to eat healthy despite having some health challenges. This kind of thing would usually get me down mentally, but I have managed to regulate myself very well.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @matthewsfive great idea!!!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 236
    PW: 198.4
    CW: 196
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    March 1 --- the season WILL turn (if only astronomically speaking on March 21 LOL) What's your month-long interim goal? How have been your (mostly Non-Scale) Victories in February? I wouldn't mind hearing scale victory shout-outs tooo - but think OTHER success markers as well.

My non scale victories were that I continued my dry January into February because I decided wine just does not appeal to me anymore (which makes me emotionally sad, because I have a lot of ritual built into my glass of wine while making dinner routine).

I competed in my first jiu-jitsu tournament and took second place. Then I was promoted to blue belt. Since the beginning of the month, I've been attending 1-2 more classes each week, including an advanced class once a week. (I am not "advanced" just the poorly chosen word for a class that focuses on techniques not considered foundamental.) I'm trying really hard to reimagine myself as an athlete and a badass and not a 36 year old PTA mom.

Picture of me at my promotion with my professor.

um31aqbv6sud.jpg
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY GOALS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖

Week 3:

Sun - 🏋🏻‍♀️💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ (morning jog + Zumba class)🍎💧📖
    Tue - 💧📖
    Wed - 💧📖
    Thu - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 15,969
    Mon - 26,594
    Tue - 10,434
    Wed - 8,670
    Thu - 11,558
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

Hate PMS. i will surely have a gain this week.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    twujunin31yw.jpg

I've made a column in our spreadsheet for our GREEN MARCH CHALLENGE if anyone wants to participate let me or the captains know so we can add your pledge in. so far I have...

@Connie7355 - 5 lbs
    @Kittu125 - 4 lbs
    @mari_moulin - 4 lbs
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    nicolajw00 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My weigh day is on Wednesday.
    I’ve been struggling with my weight and body image for a very long time. I’m a working single mum to two children and struggle to make time to look after myself. I’m very unfit and overweight.
    I’m starting off by tracking my food, reducing how much wine I drink and walking more.
    It’s great to be here and meet you all 😊

I was exactly the same when I started. My husband and I love good food and a good bottle of wine. As a mother of two, I had to learn to refocus on myself. I started by tracking everything I ate, increasing my water intake (which was non-existent) and moving more (parking farther from the entrance to work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, that sort of thing). You've found a great group of people here. Come back often. You'll not only get encouragement but tips and insights on how to navigate through this weight loss journey.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    February, Week 4
    Friday
    PW: 163.0
    CW:163.0

No weight change this week but my clothes are fitting much better. A few more pounds off and I'll be moving to the next size down. Ready for March. Bring it on!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    BMcC9
    Feb Week 4 (Fridays)

PW: 142.0
    CW: 138.2
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Mark me down for Green Challenge at 3 pounds (I am practically at maintenance and nearly the bottom of 1200/day - so "not-all-exercise-calories-being-eaten-back" will make the difference between ~2 lbs and a bit more )

So I will be targeting 135.x (maybe even upper half of 134.X)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I would like to join the daily step challenge as I have been doing lots of steps lately and this will be a great incentive

I will make sure you are switched in, as I am switching out .... have to spend extra time working on prep for a Second Language Re-qualification exam
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    CW 216.8 Think I was supposed to post this yesterday.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    This is the plate of scones .... only one left now .... or was before I left for work, and I'm expecting it too will have "evaporated" by the time I get home ....

xdr6ckaqntjc.jpg

Darn things are soooo molecularly unstable ....
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    twujunin31yw.jpg

I've made a column in our spreadsheet for our GREEN MARCH CHALLENGE if anyone wants to participate let me or the captains know so we can add your pledge in. so far I have...

@Connie7355 - 5 lbs
    @Kittu125 - 4 lbs
    @mari_moulin - 4 lbs
    Thank you @mari_moulin. It would be great if I could that this month. Hoping the wether turns better to go walking more often.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Steps week of 2/24

Sunday 2/24 - 8,250
    Monday 2/25 - 8,101
    Tuesday 2/26 - 12,994
    Wednesday 2/27 - 8,735
    Thursday 2/28 - 8,098
    Friday 3/1 -
    Saturday 3/2 -
  • micki48
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Username: treebek
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    SW: 211
    2/3: 210.6
    2/10: 206.2
    2/17: 204.8
    2/24: 202.4
    2/28: 199.4

Woo-hoo!!! 10.6 pounds total off this month!!! I realize that this is an unofficial weigh in since I weigh ominous on sundays but I just wanted to see my full month progress. Gotta keep it up. Bring on March!

Congratulations and welcome to ONEderland!! What a great month you’ve had. Keep up the great work. Hope to join you there soon.
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bear479
    Week??
    Pw ??
    Cw 173.8

Not been a good month for weightloss. Alot of challenging situations going back to work full time and I've been sick for the last week. Soo annoying
  • micki48
    Options
    twujunin31yw.jpg

@Connie7355 - 5 lbs
    @Kittu125 - 4 lbs
    @mari_moulin - 4 lbs

I’m in. I commit to 4 pounds, though I’d love for it to be 5.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    twujunin31yw.jpg

@Connie7355 - 5 lbs
    @Kittu125 - 4 lbs
    @mari_moulin - 4 lbs

I pledge 5 pounds.
  • micki48
    Options
    Food Friday - (It’s a bit of a stretch, but it works) This past month I have chosen healthier foods and have eaten less food (guess my stomach has shrunk.) I have done better at making good choices, even when I have eaten out. Just now, I took my measurements. It’s been a month. I have lost 13 1/4 inches from all over. Yay yay!!!
This discussion has been closed.