WORKOUT WARRIORS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    @steplaj My condolences🙏 to you and your family once again--- Alzheimer's is a very sad disease... so many families are crippled by watching their loved ones battle it with no cure. It is scary and sad to witness your parent lose themselves.😌😔😞💔

Track: Yes
    Calories: No, over by 300+
    Exercise: No, rest day
    Water: over 100oz (still going)

Steps: ??? 😗😣😫 left without my Apple Watch this morning. Took a rest day, so I was off schedule. Sorry---my goof.

Comments: Woke up super sore--lots of rib pain and quads on fire from yesterday/this week....and ravenous all day :s:( I knew I'd need another rest day this week, so here I am. Way over calories, so going to have to go light tomorrow. Epsom salt soak and restart in the morning.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! :)
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @steplaj - my condolences for your loss. Such a sad way to go.

7th March steps: 14,600 - not bad, although I did go out for dinner Thursday night (hence the 3 mile walk). Did eat fried chips and I had some cheese! Didn't drink any wine at the pub, but came back home and had a couple of brandies :/

I haven't been great with my food choices today, the chocolate biscuits were calling my name at work and I succumbed. I also ended up eating some carbs for lunch and having a Friday night glass of wine when I got home - think I've earnt it from such a busy week at work! Doesn't mean it's the best choice though!

Back to more mindful eating tomorrow!
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Username: LonniJay
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 239
    Today's Weight: 238.8
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name: LiveLaughLove1969
    Week: March - Week 1
    Day: Friday
    PW: 187.1
    CW: 185
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    I want to say thank you for all the condolences, it was very much appreciated.

My Mother-in-Law was a strong woman who put up one hell of a battle against a horrible disease, Alzheimer's. This disease is awful, it strips it's victims of their mind and dignity. The past year has been horrible as my family including my 13 y/o, watched her lose her mind, deteriorate and wither away. In the end, her mind was gone, she was unable to walk or use the toilet, and was no longer eating or drinking. This horrible disease needs to be cured.

Should any of my friends on here want to donate in her memory (in her name), a very dear friend of mine works with Alzheimers Patients and is doing a walk to help raise money for the Alzherimer's Association. Kristy is going to be walking with my M.I.L.'s picture on her shirts in her honor. You can help her raise money in the battle against this horrible disease so nobody else has to suffer all we have been through.

To donate in her memory, follow the link below to her page, click donate - be sure to put IN MEMORY OF "Alexandra Zikos-Maniatas" in the box "Display by name as". There is also a "snail mail form" should you want to mail in a donation.

http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=12606&pg=personal&px=7507506&fbclid=IwAR2HIuELlpku72k9hbg-vSKhBO4JSpkicO4jxTaQsCMEOLe_dR3cOlHKPZA

GOD BLESS YOU MOM - REST IN PEACE!

06e4wx5zr28c.jpg

Thinking of you and your family at this time.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hello warriors, I will
    Be offline until Monday March 18th, unless we manage to find a free wifi spot, in which case I’ll try to post a warm and sunny update!
    I have been worried about losing weight for this vacation for so long and stressing about it. I am going to go and attempt to relax for a few days. I hope this is the reset that I need.

I will not be able to weigh in next week but I will do so the following. I actually don’t think I will gain because honestly, I couldn’t eat worse on vacation than I have the last few months. If anything I will be more active and I won’t be snacking all day so maybe I’ll lose!

Have a great week.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ugh I need to buckle down and get back into It! I have been eating mindlessly for a few days and it can't continue.
    I have a fairly active weekend planned which I hope will make me feel like getting back into a calorie deficit again.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    @steplaj - my condolences for your loss. Such a sad way to go.

7th March steps: 14,600 - not bad, although I did go out for dinner Thursday night (hence the 3 mile walk). Did eat fried chips and I had some cheese! Didn't drink any wine at the pub, but came back home and had a couple of brandies :/

@NikMar
    STEPS POSTED
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @steplaj My condolences🙏 to you and your family once again--- Alzheimer's is a very sad disease... so many families are crippled by watching their loved ones battle it with no cure. It is scary and sad to witness your parent lose themselves.😌😔😞💔

Track: Yes
    Calories: No, over by 300+
    Exercise: No, rest day
    Water: over 100oz (still going)

Steps: ??? 😗😣😫 left without my Apple Watch this morning. Took a rest day, so I was off schedule. Sorry---my goof.

Comments: Woke up super sore--lots of rib pain and quads on fire from yesterday/this week....and ravenous all day :s:( I knew I'd need another rest day this week, so here I am. Way over calories, so going to have to go light tomorrow. Epsom salt soak and restart in the morning.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! :)

@SLIMn2016
    ????STEPS POSTED
    TAKE CARE AND REST UP NANCY
    LonniJay wrote: »
    Username: LonniJay
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 239
    Today's Weight: 238.8

@LonniJay
    POSTED
    CONGRATS ON THE LOSS

Name: LiveLaughLove1969
    Week: March - Week 1
    Day: Friday
    PW: 187.1
    CW: 185

@LiveLaughLove1969
    POSTED
    NICE LOSS
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hello warriors, I will
    Be offline until Monday March 18th, unless we manage to find a free wifi spot, in which case I’ll try to post a warm and sunny update!
    I have been worried about losing weight for this vacation for so long and stressing about it. I am going to go and attempt to relax for a few days. I hope this is the reset that I need.

I will not be able to weigh in next week but I will do so the following. I actually don’t think I will gain because honestly, I couldn’t eat worse on vacation than I have the last few months. If anything I will be more active and I won’t be snacking all day so maybe I’ll lose!

Have a great week.

@megnolia82
    CARRIED OVER YOUR WEIGHT FROM THIS WEEK TO NEXT
    HAVE A GREAT TIME ON VACATION

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    FRIDAY CHECK IN
    TRACKED..NO
    WATER...96OZ
    W/O...SNOW BLOWING AND DE-ICING <<<HOPEFULLY THIS IS END OF THIS
    STEPS 9178

SO AS YOU CAN SEE I DIDN'T DO VERY WELL YESTERDAY. I HAD SEVERAL ERRANDS IN TOWN TO RUN AND THEN WENT TO MOM'S. NOT GOOD..... THIS CANCER IS TAKING MY MOTHER AWAY FROM ME AS IS MY BROTHERS CANCER IS TAKING HIM.
    MY SIS AND I TALKED ABOUT WHAT SHE INTENDS TO DO WHILE SHE IS AT HOME THERE ARE SOME LEGAL THINGS WE NEED TO TWEAK AND THEN GET MOM AS COMFORTABLE AS WE CAN FOR THE JOURNEY SHE IS TAKING. THE END IS NEAR AND I COULD SEE IT YESTERDAY IN HER EYES.. OUR MOTHER WHO WAS STRONG AND UNYIELDING HAS THROWN IN THE TOWEL. I NEED TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR WHAT IS IN STORE FOR US KIDS AND THE FAMILY...
    WHEN I PICKED UPPED MARCIE AT THE END OF MY DAY AND I JUST SAT ON THE PASSENGERS SIDE AND CRIED FOR THE TRIP HOME. I CAN'T BEAR TO SEE TWO PEOPLE THAT I LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART GO THROUGH THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT US KIDS CAN MAKE HER COMFORTABLE AND ENJOY HER WITH WHAT EVER TIME IS LEFT.
    WHEN MARCIE FOUND OUT THAT I HAD NOT EATEN ANYTHING ALL DAY, SHE LITERALLY CHEWED MY *kitten* OUT AND THEN SHE STOPPED AND MADE ME EAT SOMETHING, I DIDN'T REALIZE I WAS AS HUNGRY AS I WAS I HAD DRANK COFFEE ALL DAY LONG.

OKAY ENOUGH OF THAT HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TEAM
    GREG

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    5m5verme1sxd.png

ON TAP FOR TODAY'S WEIGH INS ARE
    @Abowersgirl
    @getfitgal123
    @Mainebeachbum
    @maithileesj
    @RubyRed427
    @Tulla

bw7inqchlrfs.png

AND STILL WAITING ON FROM FRIDAY
    @steplaj AND @Goinhard64

dys4bdalttrb.png

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427
    Weigh in saturday
    Previous 159
    Current 159.7
    Not making progress. Will try harder this week. Like it says “weight loss is 99 percent mental” that is the truth!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    RubyRed427
    Weigh in saturday
    Previous 159
    Current 159.7
    Not making progress. Will try harder this week. Like it says “weight loss is 99 percent mental” that is the truth!

@RubyRed427
    POSTED
    MENTAL IT IS FOR SURE
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    03/06 9247

03/07 6954

03/08 10680
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Week 1

PW 138.4
    CW 137.6
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    03/06 9247

03/07 6954

03/08 10680

@abowersgirl
    STEPS POSTED
    FANTASTIC NUMBERS
    Week 1

PW 138.4
    CW 137.6

@abowersgirl
    POSTED
    WTG ON THE LOSS

• runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/8. 24,822
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Steps:

3/5: 14,390
    3/6: 13,194
    3/7: 13,873
    3/8: 8,569. Fell asleep early. I guess I needed it.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mid week check in

My calories have been nicely on point. My exercise and walking not so much. With the mother in law invasion I used the stress and extra activity as an excuse to be more inactive. So I shifted things into my room so that I wouldn’t feel self conscious about exercising.

The dogs are getting along okay and maybe better than the people, but we’ll figure it all out. On the plus side it became very obvious that my mil wasn’t taking good care of herself and we’re able to step in and change that.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @steplaj Again my condolences on your loss.

@Navydaddjtc I’m sorry you’re going through this. Do try to eat and take some time for yourself.
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    getfitgal123
    Week: 1
    Weigh-in day - Saturday
    Previous: 154.7
    Current: 155.0
This discussion has been closed.