Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• wildabeasst
    wildabeasst Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,
    My name is Wil (screen name wildabeasst)
    Current weight 325lbs
    Height 5'11"
    In 2009 I weighed in at 405lbs. Over the next three years I dropped to 238lbs and stopped losing weight. I started gaining as I went off my VERY strict diet and ever increasing strenuous exercise that included running and crossfit. Then in 2014 we moved 2900 miles and my weight skyrocketed to 339lbs. (December 2018)

My ultimate goal weight range is 190-210.
    My current goal range is 270-280.
    My OMAD is at 5:00pm.
    I started OMAD February 6th 2019.

I honestly wish I found OMAD in 2009 as it truly makes sense to me and even more has helped me start the process of realizing my relationship with food.
    I need to eat to live NOT live to eat.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Wil :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome Will! Great group here!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome Wil! Glad you're loving OMAD and we're excited to hear your story!
  • kendria_c
    kendria_c Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! My name is Kendria and I been doing OMAD since the beginning of the year. I am around 5' 10 and am hoping you all can help me. I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong? I have lost some weight but never really got the momentum that others have. I have fought for every single pound. I started Jan 2, 2019, at 268 and as of today, I am 252. The lowest I got was 247 and but slowly crept back up. I haven't changed anything. I eat anywhere between 1200-1400 calories each day at dinner around 6pm. I don't go crazy measuring my calories, but because I know that I can eat A LOT, I wanted to give myself an idea of how many calories I was consuming with my regular meals. My goal weight is 180 and that just seems so far away! Should I just be thrilled that I have lost this much or is there something I can do to help myself gain some momentum? TIA!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    My name is Amy. I’m 44, 5’7 and currently 184lbs. I gained a good deal of weight when I was pregnant (at 39) and struggled with CICO to lose 30lbs, followed by a quick 15lbs with keto. I kept up with keto for about a year and then life got in the way. Over the holidays I regained a lot of weight because my voracious appetite returned. I connected the insulin resistance dots and arrived at intermittent fasting. I’ve been doing 20/4 and less since about mid February and lost 5 lbs. Now I’m hoping to lose about 30 more. Beyond the weight, I’m trying to prevent Type 2 diabetes, which runs in my family, and ensure that I am around for a long time for my daughter. I’m in no rush, but I would be happy to lose 20 by my birthday and anniversary in June. I need a bit of accountability.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited March 2019
    Welcome Amy !!! You're pretty close to in line with a lot of us as far as height and weight so hop on in and join us! We're doing a microscope March which might be a nice jump start for you! Explore the forum and speak up, we're not a shy group 😊
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the OMAD group!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome all. Missed meeting so many of our new members.

I’m proof that this works, have to just keep plugging away.
  • theWalkingDonut
    theWalkingDonut Posts: 2 Member
    Ciao a tutti - or hello all

I am from Italy and please forgive if my english is not that best.

As every italian man/boy I love to eat and drink - but with the consequenze that year by year i have a bit more on my rips.

By "accident" I found OMAD Revolutione on youtube. I never did a diet before - oh wait - for 3 months my ex took me to WW - but to be honest, if you love eating , then WW and all other diets are not working - at least not for me.

So why not try fasting and in the right way - OMAD.

Madonna.

So I think i share some numbers about me:

Current weight 120 kilograms
    Height 1m 84cm

My ultimate goal weight range does not exist. I will be happy to wear my pants 2,3 numbers smaller and that sitting in public transport feels comfortable again - you certainly know what i mean, certo?

My OMAD is at 7pm a la sera

I started OMAD 3 days ago - today is day 4!

Saturday and Sunday I was able to wait until afternoon for first food - monday was big challenge back in office. So a simple excuse not to eat anymore with office mates instead incredible fame = cravings? in the afternoon, but managed to eat a bit later 5pm with snacking until 7pm.

Today home office and so far no hunger at all. I slept like a baby :-) feeling incredible powerful.

So, I hope I find here some good new friends for motivation and exchange of good things and "bad" things.

Grazie & saluti a tutti
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ciao a tutti - or hello all

I am from Italy and please forgive if my english is not that best.

As every italian man/boy I love to eat and drink - but with the consequenze that year by year i have a bit more on my rips.

By "accident" I found OMAD Revolutione on youtube. I never did a diet before - oh wait - for 3 months my ex took me to WW - but to be honest, if you love eating , then WW and all other diets are not working - at least not for me.

So why not try fasting and in the right way - OMAD.

Madonna.

So I think i share some numbers about me:

Current weight 120 kilograms
    Height 1m 84cm

My ultimate goal weight range does not exist. I will be happy to wear my pants 2,3 numbers smaller and that sitting in public transport feels comfortable again - you certainly know what i mean, certo?

My OMAD is at 7pm a la sera

I started OMAD 3 days ago - today is day 4!

Saturday and Sunday I was able to wait until afternoon for first food - monday was big challenge back in office. So a simple excuse not to eat anymore with office mates instead incredible fame = cravings? in the afternoon, but managed to eat a bit later 5pm with snacking until 7pm.

Today home office and so far no hunger at all. I slept like a baby :-) feeling incredible powerful.

So, I hope I find here some good new friends for motivation and exchange of good things and "bad" things.

Grazie & saluti a tutti

Welcome! Feel free to start your own thread :)
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome!
  • bryanobx
    bryanobx Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey all. I've been on an OMAD diet since January 7th. It's working!

Male
    Height: Not quite 5'7, but that's what I usually go with.
    Starting weight: 161
    Current weight: 139.6
    OMAD start date: 1/7/2019

Past diets:

I've done a few different "major" diets over my lifetime. At my heaviest, maybe 15 years ago, I lost a ton following a nearly no carb diet. It worked but was so hard for me. I love carbs (potatoes and bread). I starting slowly gaining once I ended the diet.

7 years ago, to get ready for a Hawaii vacation, I lost about 20 pounds simply using this website to count calories. It worked but took around 7 months to lose the weight. I was sick of counting calories and never actually met my goal. I was also doing P90 from beachbody during this time, and did about a month and a half of P90X.

Starting January 7th 2019, I started OMAD. I'm still counting calories to a certain extent. I do consider this a low-cal diet, but I'm not as strict as I was previously when counting calories. I've lost 20 pounds in a little over 2 months. The first ~5 pounds came off almost immediately (first week) and the rest has been slow, but steady, ever since. I've been eating whatever I want (McDonalds, Pizza, etc) and trying to keep it under 1200 calories per day (1200 is my max, I usually stay closer to 1000). The only food I eliminated completely is potato chips, which I simply cannot eat in moderation. So they had to go.

I have some bad days where I feel hungry, but they are pretty rare. I don't feel like I'm starving myself, I'm eating what I want, and the weight just keeps coming off. I have not been exercising at all, but plan to start again once the weather gets a bit nicer here in Pennsylvania.

I thought my goal was 140 pounds, but the eyeball test says I still have more weight to lose, so I'm going to keep going for a while. I wrestled at 125 pounds in high school but remember struggling to meet that weight, but I think I'm getting close to where I want to be.

I'm not sure how I'll handle maintenance once there. I really can't eat more than I'm eating now in one sitting. Perhaps I'll expand the eating window, or add back a small lunch or breakfast. That's yet to be determined.

I've been lurking around here for the past couple months and thought I'd share my success so far. It works. :-)

P.S. I know it's bad, but I drink a ton of diet Pepsi on a daily basis.
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the group!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome! Sounds like you're nearing maintenance - congrats!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Bryan, You are doing great and will be at your goal soon. Keep up the good work. I am in PA as well.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello!
    39yo stay at home mom of 3
    SW (July 2018)- 224
    CW 174.6
    GW 120something?
    Height 5'3"

Been overweight since puberty hit. Lost some when I was a teen, but it crept up and up until I was at my heaviest at 250lbs around 2008. Started my weight loss journey last year after a health scare (chest pains that turned out to be stress related). I had been putting off starting keto week after week, but that really scared the bejeebus out of me. Finally started doing a keto diet and slowly over 7 months I lost about 45lbs doing keto. I then switched to carnivore for a month and then after that month well.. here I am. Still carnivore most of the time and stuck in a stall. I've been stuck for about 2 months now and just want to try something to help get me out of this.
    Decided to give fasting a try. I managed to do almost 2 days on salt water, but just couldn't do longer mentally so I switched to OMAD figuring that I could ease in to longer fasts every once in a while.
    I've been OMAD for a week now (this is the beginning of my 2nd week).
    That first week was HARD. SO HARD. My body wouldn't even really be hungry. I would get belly grumbles, but wouldn't actually feel hunger. But mentally... mentally I wanted to eat and eat EVERYTHING. Not being able to eat at my normal times was and still is tough to get through.
    I started off doing the normal 23:1, but switched to 22:2 just to give myself more time so I didn't feel so rushed to eat. I'm still carnivore but plan on having keto days too.
    So far I've been really happy with OMAD. I don't know if it's b/c of only eating once, but it has seriously helped my gut health.. in just a week! Excited to see what else it will help the longer I do it :)
    And.. yeah... I just want this extra weight off and gone already. I've wasted most of my life wishing I was skinnier. Not going to waste anymore not doing anything about it.

And anyone, pls feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for more buddies :)

• Bevling
    Bevling Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2019
    Name: Arica
    SW: 147lbs
    CW: 142lbs
    GW: 123-128lbs
    Height: 5’6”
    Time of OMAD : 5-6pm dinner
    Start date : 17 Mar 2019

Past struggle: I seem to overeat all the time. I would crave for junk food and sweet after meal, and I am emotionally eating. I would eat when I am not even hungry as I would think that I will be hungry later and I won’t stop even when I am very full. So I basically I eat according to the time whether I am hungry or not. I usually eat 2 meals a day so technically I am IF 18 hours a day. After lunch I would be too full to eat dinner but have to eat since that is the only meal I eat with the family. I always feel that we just need OMAD and that’s all we need.
    Then when my weight touched 147lbs one day, I thought it’s about time to start my GM diet again which had huge success the last time when I managed to keep it off, but gained the weight back since I stopped lifting weight and exercise. So day 1 of GM diet I ended up eating dinner. The thought came to me again, why not just eat one meal a day like I always wanted? So I ended up skipping my lunch and just have dinner. Today is Day 7 and I have lost 5lbs so far. I actually feel great as the most important thing is to stop my cravings and learn to eat healthier food. It’s time I resolve my psychology issues with food. And I know fasting is really good for health. Other than wanting to lose weight, stop the cravings and eating healthier food, I also hope that the OMAD diet would help me with sleeping better.
    The only thing is that I may not eat enough but it’s okay I feel. Yesterday and today I realized that I can’t eat more and I get full after eating half of my food. Had an ice cream just now, now I’m super full! And yet the best part is not feeling the guilt! Isn’t that awesome??
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Arica! And YESSSSSSSSSSS the not feeling guilty for eating is the best!!!!
  • Bevling
    Bevling Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome Arica! And YESSSSSSSSSSS the not feeling guilty for eating is the best!!!!

Ya!!! ❤️