MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - April 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

I am Jen a Slimpossible captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivators Tami (UTMom81) and Terri (@tess5036). But we are really just the behind-the-scenes support to an great team with substantial participation by the team members.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - we are continuing with our virtual hike along the Appalachian Trail. Thanks to @UTMom81 for all her time and effort on this!
    Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.
    Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

I’ll go ahead with introduction - as mentioned earlier my name is Jen. I am 43 years old, married with two kids and work full time outside of the house. I live in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. Spring is starting to happen here which has been awesome. We had a terribly cold February which @digger61 would probably agree with!

I’ve been using MFP for a couple of years steady and been a part of this group for almost as long. I love this challenge group. I have learned so much about fat loss, good habits and heathy living from the people on here. Although my journey has been slow as well as up and down I have learned a lot about myself (and have a tonne of patience!!) I feel like I am rounding a corner and things are starting to change for the better. I am trying not to get too ahead of myself - day by day is my motto lately but we will see what April brings. I have renewed optimism is all I can say.

Well, everyone - cheers to a great month! Looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Ruthann2 wrote: »
    Username: Ruthann2
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 142.6
    Todays Weight: 142.6

Good job maintaining!
    ka97 wrote: »
    Starting weight 156.8
    Weigh in day Friday

Hope this the the correct place to post this. I’ll try to get caught up in the next couple of days.

I’ve got your starting weight entered.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Ohhh my goodness it's a new month and I didn't even realize it!! :o

Hello to all our new members!! You are in an awesome group that is very supportive and fun! :)

My Fitbit hasn't been syncing to my phone for the last few days and I just figured out how to fix it today. So, I apologize for not completing my steps for the month. :/

Sunday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Lots of housework!

My goal for April is to stay on my new intermittent fasting plan and hopefully lose a good amount of weight! B)

No worries about the steps! Great goal!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 got me thinking about goals. If setting a weekly or monthly goal would help you, feel free to post it here! It might be a weight loss goal or non scale related goal. If it will help you reach it share it here with the rest of the team.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    4288 steps
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3/31

Calories: Under
    Water: Over
    Exercise: Yoga Fix
    Goal for tomorrow: Continue 21 Day Fix

Steps: 12,979
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Monday April 1
    Username: embersdream
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday’s
    Previous weight: 202
    Current weight: 205

Put on all the weight I lost last month in a few days. I am bloated today( beginning of cycle) so imagining I’ll drop back in a few days.

Calories: on target
    Water: under
    Exercise: nil

I did only two active days last week. Sabotage perhaps. Was low in mood as the stresses of study and financial challenges got to me last week. I ate chocolate today too, it’s the only time of the month I do t though.
    I have a mad busy week ahead so I’m hoping I can still get three exercise sessions in.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »

** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly useful to me.

Those look like fantastic resources, thank you for posting them, especially the post about habits and building good habits is so important. Motivation is good, bit it isn't consistent and can fail us, habit beats motivation every time !

Yes! This!

(And thank you! I am glad the resources look good to you, too!)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Monday, April 1

Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Week: Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 141.1
    Today's Weight: 136.9
  • Kres567
    Options
    Monday April 1
    Username: embersdream
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday’s
    Previous weight: 202
    Current weight: 205

Put on all the weight I lost last month in a few days. I am bloated today( beginning of cycle) so imagining I’ll drop back in a few days.

Calories: on target
    Water: under
    Exercise: nil

I did only two active days last week. Sabotage perhaps. Was low in mood as the stresses of study and financial challenges got to me last week. I ate chocolate today too, it’s the only time of the month I do t though.
    I have a mad busy week ahead so I’m hoping I can still get three exercise sessions in.

You will drop it guaranteed. Take care this week - sounds like you have a busy one!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: slightly under, good choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: 61 minute outdoor walk with husband

Steps for 03/31 - 10,767 (not sure if we will continue the challenge, but I am still tracking)

Monday Plans
    Food: on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts practice at home, martial arts class
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Monday, April 1

Great going!!!!!
  • tess5036
    Options
    Weekend check in

Sorry, Im doing both days together was was very busy saturday

Calories; Im not stickt on these,m counting carbs more than calories as maintianing and experimenting :)
    Water; over
    Exercise; Satuday took part in a 15 k inflatable run, was tons of fun but hard work. Sunday was a bit of a revovery day, so only 45 mions spin and a lot more streching.

Monday... Cardio!!!!

Steps
    Satuday 23,229
    Sunday 5,068
  • tess5036
    Options
    Have you got a fitbit?

To all our new (and existing members), who are not part fop out fitbit group. If you have a fitbit group and run regualr challanges which can really help to keep the steps up. If you would like to join us just message me, or add me on fitbit (with a message telling me who you are, you can find me here :)
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/53Q6MJ
    Once I know who you are I'll send you messages with who is who so yu can becvome part of out stepping group, and join in the challanges.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/31 Sunday
    Track: no
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 2586
    Exercise:no sick but feeling better today
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Have you got a fitbit?

To all our new (and existing members), who are not part fop out fitbit group. If you have a fitbit group and run regualr challanges which can really help to keep the steps up. If you would like to join us just message me, or add me on fitbit (with a message telling me who you are, you can find me here :)
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/53Q6MJ
    Once I know who you are I'll send you messages with who is who so yu can becvome part of out stepping group, and join in the challanges.

I have an Apple Watch and was just wondering if anyone in this group has one and would like to do an Apple Watch challenge?

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

MARCH WEEK 4 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 68.4 lbs or 0.15% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles- 0.39%
    2nd - Shrinking Assets- 0.27%
    3rd - Waist Aways- 0.26%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 15.7
    2nd - Shrinking Assets- 11.1
    3rd - Waist Aways - 9.2

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @DreaRn15 - 2.70%
    2nd - @ChrysalisCove - 2.09%
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges - 1.83%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @DreaRN15 - 7.8
    2nd - @NuggetBrain - 4.8
    3rd - @ChrysalisCove -4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@megnolia82
    @amico717
    @kammerkvi
    @Coleen312
    @angielove88
    @sleepymom5

• angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Username: angielove88
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 175.8
    Today’s Weight: 172.6

Steps 3/31:14,355
    Sunday was a good day overall. Calories stayed under lots of water. Did 30 min leg workout of my 21 day fix.

Today is 30 min Pilates fix.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Monday, April 1

Great going!!!!!

Thank you! 140 was my original goal, based just on it being what I weighed the last time I was in excellent shape. So, yes, the number I have been shooting for for the last 15 months. Woohoo! Now that I am past that number, I know I want to take off a little more fat (5-10 lbs) and add some muscle. So continue to eat carefully and keep up with the training.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Monday, April 1

Great going!!!!!

Thank you! 140 was my original goal, based just on it being what I weighed the last time I was in excellent shape. So, yes, the number I have been shooting for for the last 15 months. Woohoo! Now that I am past that number, I know I want to take off a little more fat (5-10 lbs) and add some muscle. So continue to eat carefully and keep up with the training.

I know that feeling :D I am onto about my third goal, each time I didn't think I wuold make ot to the goal, but then got there and realised that I could and I sould do more :D
This discussion has been closed.