Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I can never say No to ice-cream.😜 I wish I can do spinning but there's no gym here in my little town. Let's loose more weight this April👍👌
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    4-1 April
    Today’s Date:

Todays Plan: Mini Fast

Weight Goal for the Month: 160 Reach

Today’s Weight: Friday

Today’s Water Consumed: 100 oz

Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired):spinning 25 mins

Hours slept: 8ish

Description/Photo of Meals consumed along with times and calorie count (if desired, not necessary)Kinda a mini fast day, some salad, greek yogurt, and an apple less than 500 cals.

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Not really a planned mini fast day but wasn't feeling that great thanks to all the pollen crap we have now so just wasn't hungry......
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    4-1 April
    Today’s Date:

Todays Plan: Mini Fast

Weight Goal for the Month: 160 Reach

Today’s Weight: Friday

Today’s Water Consumed: 100 oz

Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired):spinning 25 mins

Hours slept: 8ish

Description/Photo of Meals consumed along with times and calorie count (if desired, not necessary)Kinda a mini fast day, some salad, greek yogurt, and an apple less than 500 cals.

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Not really a planned mini fast day but wasn't feeling that great thanks to all the pollen crap we have now so just wasn't hungry......

Ewwwwwwwwwwww pollen is the worst!!! Take advantage of the days when the hunger stays quiet - I always do and am ALWAYS glad I did! Plus it gives me more wiggle room for days like yesterday when I needed more :)
  • jadepearl
    Me toooooooooo..... hubby and I had the worst hayfever during spring and summer. This year, the pollen was really really bad :( Feel better soon and hope that the medicine works :)
  • volgirl1322
    Today’s Date: April 2
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 160
    FRIDAY WEIGHT: 168
    TODAY'S WEIGHT: 167
    Today’s Water Consumed: a LOT
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): None
    Hours slept: 7ISH

Description/Photo of Meals: Greek triple zero cupcake yogurt (80 cals), subway grilled chicken on wheat 6inch 1/2 bag of baked lays chips ~700 cals. Deficit 500

Thoughts: Today was a good day --late night with baseball so dinner was super later than normal but I held out and had a sugar free red bull during the game to try to ignore the smell from the concession stand of funnel fries.....OMG drool.....I will have them, just not this week :)…….

For some reason this morning I wanted to weigh (my day is Friday) but I just felt the urge this morning and it was worth it down 1lb since Friday WhAT?????? WOOHOOO......I had a mini fast on Monday and then last night was super low cal so it paid off......just need to finish strong for the week which is totally doable :)……...Would be awesome to see 165 on Friday :)…….

Stay strong!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE BABE! I love the downward trend! A pound a night if you're tight on your OMAD/Mini Fasts is totes doable! :)

Just a suggestion because I love giving them LOL - I'd have a normal fufilling omad tonight and then fast Thursday for your weigh in if it were me! That was I'd have a nice full meal tonight and have no glycogen or bloat variables in my weigh in Friday :#

ALSO - If I read correctly, you only had like 800 cals yesterday, so how was your deficit only 500? That'd be a TDEE of like 1300 cals, which is less than my BMR!

I think your deficits are higher than you think, my dear :flowerforyou:
  • volgirl1322
    I have never figured out the TDEE business....my cals on MFP are set for 1200 which should produce a one pound a week......That is how I did the math --but I totally SUCK at math so I may be way off :) Enlighten me :)

Yeah - i was already thinking a full fast on Thursday which would work perfectly bc we have a game at 8pm so for my kiddo to eat we usually eat around 6 which I could totally skip and just move on.....I have a few sugar free jolly's so I can munch on them during the game if needed......Super brilliant idea <3 Would be awesomeness to see 165 on Friday...….

<3 hugs <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok that's the plan :) SF jollies are low carb too so shouldn't F you up if you need a few to get through :) Fasts all around! (Except @LadyBlanks she fasted earlier this week LOL)

Ok here's how I do mine and it's almost always spot-on accurate.

I set my MFP for Maintenance first of all - and I do that once a month, because it doesn't reset your BMR with your updated weights that you inputted unless you "reboot" it LOL

SO mine right now gives me 1900 to start...I'd burn that if I sat around all day and did nothing LOL

THEN I have my fitbit synced...my fitbit gives me cals throughout the day as I trend toward a number higher than 1900 (usually mine ends up around 2200 on a work day)...so in that case it'd show on MFP as

1900 - #cals +300 = DEFICIT/Surplus

Here's mine from Monday:
    kmnew8gk9ggz.png

So I started with 1900 (my BMR, MFP sets that automatically when you put "maintain" as your goal) - earned 447 in cals from exercise (I was up late Sunday LOL) so my TDEE was 2347. I ate 1335 so my deficit was 1012 :)

Hope that makes sense! Ask questions if you'd like :)
  • volgirl1322
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got it now...…………………..thank you @mistymeadows2005 That math does make sense :)<3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    YAY!!! :grin:
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited April 2019
    Steph, do you have a minimum/maximum number of calories that you try to be below your TDEE?
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    Steph, do you have a minimum/maximum number of calories that you try to be below your TDEE?

Nahhhhhhhhh - I just know my mini fast days SHOULD be under 500 (you see how well that worked the last 2 days LMAO) and my weekend days I don't really care if it gets too high...I mean subconsciously I'm sure I try not to go crazy but I've had 3500 cal weekend days :D:D:D

I theorize that THAT is where the fasting comes in - I don't gain any more on a 3500 cal day than an 1800 cal day...if I eat more than a mini fast, I show a gain *shrug* I've also had plenty of days where I ate above TDEE and showed no gain or a LOSS the next day.

I say all that to summarize that I think for me the calories are more an average over time, but the fasting is the "REAL punch" that aids me :)

All hypothesis of course, but my theory nonetheless :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Well it is definitely working for you. I think it is good to just stick with the under 500 as you don't have to worry about calculating anything and can really enjoy your full eating days without any stressors.
  • volgirl1322
    Yeah I am beginning to become a fan of the "mini fasts" for sure.....it is super easy and I still feel satisfied......planning on a meal tonight and a water fast tomorrow for sure...….continue to go down mr. scale......way down...….. :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yassssss mini fasts are an amazing tool when used strategically ❤️
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - My apologies if I am troubling you..I too am interested in your MFP charting. You mentioned this - "I set my MFP for Maintenance first of all" and I am wondering if that's the GW? Hmm...maybe I should try that too and start on mini fasts to see if I can get my weight down. Thank you <3

Congrats on your loss, @volgirl1322 :)
  • volgirl1322
    Today’s Date: April 4
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 160
    FRIDAY WEIGHT: 168
    TODAY'S WEIGHT: 167
    Today’s Water Consumed: a LOT
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): None
    Hours slept: 8 ish

Description/Photo of Meals: *Confession* I love food trucks...….We had one close to home last night and it was AMAZING...…Sucker brunch.....https://www.suckerbrunch.com/menu-1

The true grits were heaven in a bowl......Stone ground cheese grits topped with andouille sausage, caramelized onions, steamed spinach, fresh tomatoes, gouda cheese and over easy egg...….I had that and a 100 calorie fudge bar Photo on my page.....*your mouth will water if you like grits*

v3ahj7gm89ep.jpg

Plan for today water fast...….may have some sugar free jollys tonight at the ball field :)

• mistymeadows2005
    Ok I'm DYING to try this! I'm about to creep on the website and I know I'll want it...but to be fair I'd want it on an eating day and ALSO not be able to get it :D:D:D One more day til weigh in babe, we've got this!!!

@jadepearl

It's no problem!

Go into MFP on your phone.
    Enter your current weight (make it as accurate as possible)
    Enter your goal weight
    At this point it'll set your loss rate according to both (last night mine defaulted to 1 lb/wk)
    Change it to maintenance

Go back to your diary and it'll adjust your cals to your BMR and then your fitbit will add your activity :)
  • volgirl1322
    3erg699rxna6.jpg

My new addiction.....my snack later at the field if I am hungry......
  • volgirl1322
    OMG Steph ---I am a grit snob (being from the south ya know) so I wasn't expecting it to taste as amazing as it did ---it was awesome......maybe some of the best grits I have ever had...….and I've had a lot :)………