WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if my K-to-Grade3 School Teacher friend could help me adapt the Baseball Scoring to encourage my French Review Homework efforts (which are very much IGM firmly keeping wheel away from Responsible Decision-Maker Dude mode these days ... kinda like @jugar getting started on her "need to put in place before even starting" concert review project.

I DO respond well to "tasks framed as games". That's why my Wii exergame has been my primary cardio for so many years ....

Instead of "singles", I could make it "1/4 way up the Eiffel Tower", or something like that.

Any ideas? Either for "scoring visual" or "how to break it down"? (15 minutes on flash cards; 5 verbs written out in all tenses; plus a whole hour of concentrated work (regardless of type) = All the way up / Home Run Equivalent.)

Since we don't know the content of your homework formats, the simplest and hopefully effective thing could be by time: 15 minutes single, 30 minutes double, 45 minutes triple, 60 minutes home run or whatever numbers work for you. Easy but could work. If you have particular exercises that are harder to master (or make yourself start!) then they could have a shorter time frame for the same result. Do you have someone else who is doing the same course? You could compete against each other if you're both game.
  • jugar
    Options
    BASEBALL SUNDAY 21 APRIL

I'm still not 100% sure of our lineup, so we are too many for now until everything settles in. Bring in the stats -- you don't have to figure out how many bases it's worth, just list your number of serious workout minutes and / or number of steps for the day. I'll figure out the scores - no worries!

Sunday, April 21
    1. @jugar 120 minutes, 13,755 steps = HR + double
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @Kittu125
    5. @fourathomej
    6. @martinesther88
    7. @evangsimmons170
    8. @leni1us

Just so you know how the scores are figured out -

STEPPING
    7,500 STEPS= SINGLE
    10,000 steps = DOUBLE
    15,000 steps = TRIPLE
    20,000 steps = HOME RUN

WORKOUTS
    30 MIN workout = single
    45 MIN workout = double
    60 MIN workout = triple
    120 MIN WORKOUT HOME RUN

1 workout = one particular activity. You can do 30 minutes treadmill, 45 minutes zumba class, 45 minutes bike for example = single double double Sometimes 2x45 gets you more bases than one activity for 90 minutes! Just post your times for each activity and we'll figure it out...

Steps for the day include everything, even if not officially "workout". So your treadmill workout might be 30 minutes, but your step total be a lot more than just that 30 minutes. Give me both the minutes of workout and the total steps. They both count! If you're not counting steps, your minutes of "real" workout all count, so it's OK too.

I know it is a bit complicated, but just report EVERY DAY what you have done, and you will score. We are a great team, and the next 2 weeks will be even better!

If you need a rest day, let me know in advance - then it is a BUNT, and you still get on base 1. If I hear nothing and you report nothing, it is a strike out.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Sunday, April 21
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-46 mins., 12,000- double
    4. @Kittu125
    5. @fourathomej
    6. @martinesther88
    7. @evangsimmons170
    8. @leni1us
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    My numbers for Saturday were posted

4/20 --- 15,294
    4/ 21--- 12,000
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit Zip and my son helped me get it synced to my new tablet ... so now I get to see how many NON-exergame steps I can get in a day. I won't be joining the Step Challenge yet .... and absolutely NOT syncing it with MFP at this time .... it's only been active since ~4:00 p.m. today .... but it will be fun to see what happens over the course of an average week or two. I am just not sure how it decides on "active minutes" unless it is a question of pace .... because this model clips on your waistband (or neckline if jogging) and isn't built into a wristband to check pulse.

I wonder what it will make of my bike time, and my Core Cardio (dance) time?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Still Looking for Sunday People (I realize that with today being Easter Sunday, you may not have even signed on ... but let us know A weight ASAP please)

@Andreabroadley
    @MrsRecinos0507

Heads Up for Monday
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3 (if you would like to change your weigh-in day, please let us know - it is easily done)

For some of us, Monday will be Back to Normal / for others, one last day for an extra-long weekend. Which for you? If you are off (like me) what will you be doing? Post-family gathering clean-up? collecting up all the extra-well hidden eggs the kiddies missed (because you deliberately "hid" them too high .... >:) ) hitting the half-price chocolate shelves at the drug store and or grocery store? >:)>:)

The cost (in calories) is just as high tomorrow as it was yesterday, no matter WHAT the change in sticker price. Be sure to read the nutrition info label and decide if it is TRULY worth the "calorie cost".

Don't forget about my "180 calories for a 1/4 - bunny" post from earlier this weekend. That would have been 720 calories JUST for that ..... which wouldn't have even been "part of a regular meal" ... but rather a "side snack"
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 169.4
    CW 169.8

Eating ok but not so much exercise.. seeing docs next week. Mysterious leg issues. May be related to previous dvts.. oh well.. have to keep on trucking..
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    tbdy4zikc3lv.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ...I needed to take it easy today after yesterday's quarter marathon...4/21/19

iggj19f6ddon.png

z3mx5uuwfh49.png
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Still need baseball score from @kittu125 for yesterday B)

@jugar
    Saturday -7500 steps- 1 hr walking
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    BASEBALL SUNDAY 21 APRIL

I'm still not 100% sure of our lineup, so we are too many for now until everything settles in. Bring in the stats -- you don't have to figure out how many bases it's worth, just list your number of serious workout minutes and / or number of steps for the day. I'll figure out the scores - no worries!

Sunday, April 21
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @Kittu125
    5. @fourathomej
    6. @martinesther88
    7. @evangsimmons170
    8. @leni1us

Just so you know how the scores are figured out -

STEPPING
    7,500 STEPS= SINGLE
    10,000 steps = DOUBLE
    15,000 steps = TRIPLE
    20,000 steps = HOME RUN

WORKOUTS
    30 MIN workout = single
    45 MIN workout = double
    60 MIN workout = triple
    120 MIN WORKOUT HOME RUN

1 workout = one particular activity. You can do 30 minutes treadmill, 45 minutes zumba class, 45 minutes bike for example = single double double Sometimes 2x45 gets you more bases than one activity for 90 minutes! Just post your times for each activity and we'll figure it out...

Steps for the day include everything, even if not officially "workout". So your treadmill workout might be 30 minutes, but your step total be a lot more than just that 30 minutes. Give me both the minutes of workout and the total steps. They both count! If you're not counting steps, your minutes of "real" workout all count, so it's OK too.

I know it is a bit complicated, but just report EVERY DAY what you have done, and you will score. We are a great team, and the next 2 weeks will be even better!

If you need a rest day, let me know in advance - then it is a BUNT, and you still get on base 1. If I hear nothing and you report nothing, it is a strike out.

@jugar here are my Sunday stats- 18k steps and 3 hrs walking
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    A total of 47 minutes (43 minutes walking and 4 minutes climbing stairs) for Wed. Steps were 6832. The rest of the days nothing steps were under 4,000.

Starting week Easter (Sunday) I got a 31 minute walk in walking around the auction. Steps nothing to count.
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    A total of 47 minutes (43 minutes walking and 4 minutes climbing stairs) for Wed. Steps were 6832. The rest of the days nothing steps were under 4,000.

Starting week Easter (Sunday) I got a 31 minute walk in walking around the auction. Steps nothing to count.

Even if you don't have enough steps for a baseball hit, send in the count anyhow. They ALL count on the steps team. And you are on both!
  • jugar
    Options
    BASEBALL UPDATE - yesterday is looking beautiful! Fill in the gaps, and then we have to figure out if anyone wants to share one spot, or not be in the "official" stats :/ since we can have only 6 official members. We can keep our own internal score though - I'm happy to be unofficial, or share a spot if someone wants to alternate days, only do one week, etc.

Sunday, April 21
    1. @jugar 120 minutes, 13,796 steps = HR double
    2. @jlbtnc 31 minutes = single
    3. @sue_01
    4. @Kittu125 3 hours, 18,000 steps = HR triple triple
    5. @fourathomej
    6. @martinesther88 45 minutes, 10,580 steps = double double
    7. @evangsimmons170 33 minutes, 8004 steps = single single
    8. @leni1us
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on getting all the weigh-ins done, people! Tomorrow morning will be a cinch for our team.

Baseball news:
    Today is the last day of the first 2-week series - results will be posted as soon as the scores are all in.

For the next 2 weeks, here are questions and confirmations I have:

@jlbtnc - do you want to continue?
    @sue_01 - confirmed
    @martinesther88 - confirmed
    @kittu125 - do you want to continue?
    @fourathomej - do you want to continue?
    @evangsimmons170 - confirmed
    @leni1us - are you interested?

I'll continue even if we already have 6 players - but just keep my score internally for fun. If I'm needed to make up the 6 I'm in, or if anyone can only do one week, or some other "ringer" situation. We can be flexible. I will also continue to keep score and drive you crazy with too many posts!

NO MATTER WHAT - everyone who is still in or coming in as new players - be sure to track your exercise tomorrow and post it so that the new series gets off to a flying start!

I was out of town this weekend so I'm just now responding. I'd like to join if it's not too late. If you already have enough players, I can sit this one out.
  • leni1us
    Options
    2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

Steppers!
    Another great week, but there are a few number missing:

@Blackbeautysue - all week needed
    @jlbtnc - if you had any numbers for Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat - I know it was a week of sickness and troubles, so don't worry if you have none!
    @leni1us - Friday and Saturday
    @Kittu125 @sue_01 @mari_moulin Saturday

Thanks!

Here ya go....I was out of town this weekend but still kept track on my Fitbit...
    4/19 - 8,872 (most of the day spent driving in the car)
    4/20 - 12, 816
    4/13 - 15, 380
  • leni1us
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Sunday, April 21
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-46 mins., 12,000- double
    4. @Kittu125
    5. @fourathomej
    6. @martinesther88
    7. @evangsimmons170
    8. @leni1us - steps 15,380

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    Stats 4/21
    Steps: 10891
    Spin max class - 90 min

Ate too much at Easter Dinner...sicker then a dog last night :(
  • jugar
    Options
    Sunday, April 21 BASEBALL

1. @jugar 120 minutes, 13,796 steps = HR double
    2. @jlbtnc 31 minutes = single
    3. @sue_01 46 minutes, 12,000 steps = double double
    4. @Kittu125 3 hours, 18,000 steps = HR triple triple
    5. @fourathomej 90 minutes, 10,891 steps = triple double
    6. @martinesther88 45 minutes, 10,580 steps = double double
    7. @evangsimmons170 33 minutes, 8004 steps = single single
    8. @leni1us 15,380 steps = triple

SUPER job! Tough choice - everyone on the team is fantastic. But for now, I'll step back and just be the score keeper, and @leni1us will also be with me on the secret home team. We'll keep tracking, and if anyone needs to drop off at some point, we'll be ready to jump in.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You can use a replacement for me for for today (Monday), I tried exercising and all I am doing is coughing and can't breath. Will walk tomorrow because have to pick grandson up from the bus stop.
This discussion has been closed.