TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    OkieGina & DeshotelK, I’m from the UK. The snowballs I’m talking about are mallow covered with chocolate and coconut shavings. Here’s a pic 😋

ra0so39fhqib.jpeg

Ah, okay. To us, a snowball is shaved ice topped with flavoring. Mainly only available during the summer, but where I live some places sell them year round.

emnswgn03x1l.jpg

And now I want a snowball - the 2nd one, not the first - flaked coconut isn't my favorite thing. It seems like I remember something similar to the coconut one from when I was a kid - Hostess or Little Debbie or someone made one, but I think it was pink.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    I'm having trouble finding motivation and being consistent. I feel like I know *how* to do everything and *what* I should do, I just don't, won't, or can't. I make plans for good changes, then when it comes to implementing them, my brain is like "nah, you're good." I'm really aiming to be accountable this month with you guys. If anyone wants to ping me if you don't hear from me, that would be wonderful, and I'm happy to do the same back. I may not have dedication to myself (yet), but I'm good at helping others.

Sunday 4/28 check in
    Calories - didn't track but probably over
    Water - good
    Exercise - went for a walk with my boyfriend

Today I went for a walk in the morning before work and am hoping to go for a walk again later today, as well as get some strength and/or yoga in. I'm trying IF again (it worked well for me in the past, it's just HARD). I'm donating blood tomorrow so I don't think I'll be able to be as active tomorrow afternoon.
    Sunday 4/28 check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking

Geart start to the week
  • digger61
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in

Username: o0kody0o
    Week/ May week 1
    PW: 160 lbs
    CW: 160 lbs

No loss this week. I weigh myself daily so I can log it in the Happy Scale app to better understand my fluctuations and during last week I saw 158 on the scale. However, Monday is my “official” weigh-in day and this morning I was 160, so no change from last Monday which is fine. That’s what I get for eating the snowballs and FOUR packed fajitas (with lots of salsa and sour cream) the other night lol. But they were sooo good 😋 Anyway, here’s to a fresh start this week...we’ve got this 💪💟

Ok, so I'm still trying to get caught up in this thread, but your post caught my eye for 2 reasons:

1) I had a trainer once who suggested I log my weight everyday, but really only concern myself with week-to-week comparisons, i.e., Monday to Monday, Tuesday to Tuesday, etc. That way you could see patterns in your eating (i.e., weight is down every Friday, but up every Monday - are you splurging too much), catch any upward trends before you are 2 weeks (or more) into them, and not get discouraged my a temporary weight gain. I felt like that gave me pretty good insight into my eating habits without being discouraging.

2) "snowballs" ... are you in Louisiana or from Louisiana? :wink: Or does someone else use that term? (I'm not from there, but did live there for a while.)

2) "snowballs" ... are you in Louisiana or from Louisiana? :wink: Or does someone else use that term? (I'm not from there, but did live there for a while.)

I had the same question! I'm from Louisiana and don't know of any other state that calls them "snowballs". Got excited that there may be someone else from my area in this group.

Hi OkieGina

Yeah that’s exactly what I do. I weigh everyday and log my weights into an app called Happy Scale that shows your average loss/trends etc. However, my official weigh-in day is a Monday so it’s just the Monday-Monday weight that matters to me if you know what I mean. It’s just interesting to see the daily fluctuations and keeps me on track for the day.

OkieGina & DeshotelK, I’m from the UK. The snowballs I’m talking about are mallow covered with chocolate and coconut shavings. Here’s a pic 😋

ra0so39fhqib.jpeg

If Alberta we call them snowballs
  • digger61
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 55 min of physical therapy
    Water 100oz very low
    Goals/comments
    Just waking up, I got home at 4pm ate dinner and took my pain meds and was out. Today my Physical therapist, Connie, boy I tell she WORKED me today sooooo much I was screaming a couple times because of the pain in my right knee. She did not believe how sensitive it was well she found out today 😂😂😂But didn't give up, even after that she had more calisthenics for me and then had me do 12 minutes on the elliptical bike after all that. I told her my goal was 8 as I completed 7 last time but after I completed 8 I told her I'll give her 4 more after a 2 minute break. She didn't realize just to do the 8 I had to break after 4 minutes so I had to breaks but at the end I gave the 12 minutes she asked for. Very proud of myself. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👌🏾👌🏾💃🏾💃🏾 Also I did let her know my body was not ready for 30 minutes of at home walking so she said just do 15 minutes to start and work my way up cause she wants me to be consistent. So although she works me hard I love her for looking out for plus she approved water aerobics for me.

NSV: (t.m.i) let's talk about hygiene when you're as big as I am. Well I use to need a lot of assistance and I had to buy a bidet and get a specialize shower chair 8 months ago cause things got really bad. Well as of this morning I no longer need the bidet (although I might keep using it at times cause it's so much cleaner than toilet paper) and I was able to stand and shower by myself today still needed my cane to get out but small changes equal to big changes. SMALL VICTORIES = BIG VICTORIES! SO TODAY WAS VERY GOOD DAY. Now I need to get up and finish my assignments for today got to meet the deadline 11:59pm

HAVE A GOODNIGHT🌃🌃 STAY POSITIVE AND TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY!❤❤

WOW GREAT WORKOUTS. Keep up the great work
  • digger61
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking
    One week after surgery and all my extra weight is gone ai am feeling strongier and off all pain med. Time to start doing more if my wife lets me. It is great to have someone looking out for me and stopping me from doing dumb things
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing this challenge. I didn't realize we were suppose to do daily posts, my bad. I will go back and read all the posts, but if anyone can help me and summarize expectations...that would be lovely and I will greatly appreciate you. I want to do my best for our group!

Daily Post: Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walked 15,000 steps
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday April 29th
    Calories: Yes (over)
    Exercise: Yes (Walked for 20 min)
    Goals/Day/Comments: I started off strong in April but by the end of the month I kind of lost my focus. My goals for May:
    • Walk 20 min daily
    • Step daily goal of 10,000
    • Drink 64 oz of water daily
    • Stay within my daily calorie count
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing this challenge. I didn't realize we were suppose to do daily posts, my bad. I will go back and read all the posts, but if anyone can help me and summarize expectations...that would be lovely and I will greatly appreciate you. I want to do my best for our group!

Daily Post: Monday
    Exercise: Walked 15,000 steps

The daily post is optional. Just a fun way to get everyone interacting with each other. The only mandatory post is the weekly weigh in. This group likes to talk, share stories, bounce ideas off each other. I don't get to respond to every post, but I like reading about everyone's day!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday April 29th
    Calories: Yes (over)
    Exercise: Yes (Walked for 20 min)
    Goals/Day/Comments: I started off strong in April but by the end of the month I kind of lost my focus. My goals for May:
    • Walk 20 min daily
    • Step daily goal of 10,000
    • Drink 64 oz of water daily
    • Stay within my daily calorie count

Sometimes it happens. But its good to recognize it and refocus! You got this!
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Its mandatory for everyone!!!

Or I just like hearing about everyone's day. 😆

Life is a struggle, weight loss adds to that struggle... its good to have people in your corner cheering you on!
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options

And now I want a snowball - the 2nd one, not the first - flaked coconut isn't my favorite thing. It seems like I remember something similar to the coconut one from when I was a kid - Hostess or Little Debbie or someone made one, but I think it was pink.

I may have to stop on my way home for one. :D
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    thank you @BEASTFIELD314 !
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to give blood this afternoon, but I couldn't due to a fever! :( Apparently I have a low grade fever. I feel fine though. Gonna go for a walk tonight and maybe get some yoga in.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    I was supposed to give blood this afternoon, but I couldn't due to a fever! :( Apparently I have a low grade fever. I feel fine though. Gonna go for a walk tonight and maybe get some yoga in.

Boo to the fever! Maybe a nice walk is what you need to squash it so it doesn't get worse!!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Cindy sometimes when you get to that "setpoint" you need to shake your food intake.

Yeah, I went a 100 calories under yesterday. I might go a little over today just to try and shake it up a little.

I have been reading the discussion of artificial sweeteners too. I have had a really bad problem with gastrointestinal issues for about a month now and the only thing I can think of that I have changed is that I have started drinking diet Coke again. I had stopped drinking regular colas and just drank water for awhile...but got bored and started drink some Diet Coke. Not sure if that has caused it. But this also coincides with when my weight loss slowed down a lot. I really hope it's not lactose intolerance because I love my cheese and yogurt. Also hope it's not the Quest bars because I know some people have trouble with them. Hopefully I find an answer so I don't have to go to a doctor...yuck.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 15 minutes of walking
    Water 185oz
    Goals/comments
    My leg was hurting from all that PT work yesterday so was limping a lot today but I still press my way to sign up for the Food Pantry. Yes, I have no shame, eating healthy is expensive so I am getting extra help so I can stay focus and on track. On another note yes, I'm feeling myself today. As I drop these pounds I'm fitting into a lot of my old clothes and don't have that heavy feeling from my weight either. But still weary of what the scale will say but regardless I'll be measuring myself to see how many inches I lost this month.

8jxnze3jfm6n.jpg

HAVE A GOOD EVENING 🌃🌃 TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY STILL STAYING POSITIVE!!❤💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Cindy sometimes when you get to that "setpoint" you need to shake your food intake.

Yeah, I went a 100 calories under yesterday. I might go a little over today just to try and shake it up a little.

I have been reading the discussion of artificial sweeteners too. I have had a really bad problem with gastrointestinal issues for about a month now and the only thing I can think of that I have changed is that I have started drinking diet Coke again. I had stopped drinking regular colas and just drank water for awhile...but got bored and started drink some Diet Coke. Not sure if that has caused it. But this also coincides with when my weight loss slowed down a lot. I really hope it's not lactose intolerance because I love my cheese and yogurt. Also hope it's not the Quest bars because I know some people have trouble with them. Hopefully I find an answer so I don't have to go to a doctor...yuck.

Just do your research on the items that you listed. Remember KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
  • gjaholy33
    Options

Feel better sorry you couldn't donate😥 but enjoy your walk🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Monday:
    Track: yes
    Calories: no. I WAS in my calories...... then I had candy.
    Exercise: stairs at work and 250 squats
    Water: about 170 oz

Candy is almost gone. I can't toss it cuz I just can't. But if I can kinda maintain and eat it, it will be gone soon.....

Daily post for Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under!!
    Exercise: stairs at work and 300 squats
    Water: at 175 oz now, but about to get 15 more

Did super well today!! I am gonna have a piece of candy, but things are logged and I am under my cals!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Tuesday 30 April

Exercise: Finished painting my bathroom this morning if that counts...and went for a short walk this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.