LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Ranting for a minute.
    Screw the know-it-all "my opinion is the only right one!!" *kitten* on diet Facebook groups.
    Carnivore/keto group and someone asked about spreadable tinned meat. 0 carb so if they're dirty keto, it's all good.

After said ahole tells the person no (that they shouldn't eat it) I chime in with my own opinion that if he enjoys it and it works for him, then go for it.

Here comes ahole to tell me that I basically told the poster that he should have chips with it too and how my advice is terrible.
    Doesn't give a reason WHY they think it is... Just that I'm wrong.
    Seriously??

Someone come tell me why my advice is terrible? It's a carnivore/keto group so OBVIOUSLY I'm not telling anyone to go eat an entire bag of chips or anything of the aort. Well.. obvious to people with functioning damn brains. And not everyone is going to be strict with their diet. If eating some tinned meat or having diet soda or eating a bazillion other not so great things keeps someone eating healthier overall, then you are damn right I'm going to say what I said over and over again bc IMO it is damn good advice and some people need to know they're not the only ones that indulge in not so great foods.
    People need to know that they don't have to be strict and perfect all the damn time bc that's why people stop their diets ALL THE TIME.

Ahole is lucky theyre an admin in the group bc I have a potty mouth and I'm not afraid of confrontation on facebook. But I like the group so I held back when replying to the ahole.

Just... uuuuuuugh so annoyed!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hugs <3 People can be really mean online and I did have my share of those things on FB. After that one time, I didn't post anything anymore. There's no point as those people with that mindset will never change. I rather have some chips to keep my little tastebuds happy than to fall off the wagon :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Exactly. That is one thing I've learned on this journey.... you have to do whatever diet you're on your own way. Perfect or not so perfect. People always say that eating healthier is a lifestyle... Well I'm sure the majority of people aren't going to be super strict for the rest of their life or even a month in to their diet.
    We ALL know how easily you can give up on a diet b/c you're just not happy doing it.

If being super strict is working and you're happy... that's awesome! Keep it up!
    If having a cheat day every week is working and you're happy.... that's awesome! Keep it up!
    If having some processed not so great food is working and you're happy..... that's awesome! Keep it up!

But apparently telling folks that and encouraging them to do what works for them is horrible advice. :neutral:

Anyway.

I think I had too much salt yesterday. Feeling a little bloated.

Also, the dizziness was back this morning. Got up to use the bathroom and stumbled b/c I got dizzy right as I stood.
    Looking up info on it, this seems pretty common during water fasts. Low blood pressure. BUT some info says it's from lack of salt, which I'm definitely not lacking b/c of the bouillon I'm using. Suggestions are to increase salt & water intake though and I think that's my problem.
    I'm definitely not getting in enough water right now.
    Will increase my water intake today and hope it helps.

Almost had a disaster last night too.
    I leave my bone broth on the counter to cool off some before putting in to the fridge. I completely forgot to put it up before I went to bed. I couldn't get to sleep for a good hour though so I was just laying in bed when I suddenly realized that I had left my broth sitting on the counter! DOH!
    Thank goodness I couldn't get to sleep. I even went to bed early too b/c I was feeling tired. That definitely would've put an end to my bone broth fast lol.

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

Yeah --some people in these group chats are all or nothing people ---and for them that is great --but I am human and NOT perfect and if I choose to cheat for a day or a week it is on me and I don't need someone telling me NOT to do it. What I <3 about this group is that we all support each other and we all do our own thing and it is working....I wouldn't be a part of any group where negativity creeps in how frustrating!!!

Drink that water girl ---it will help hopefully with the dizzy spells!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    HORRAY FOR COFFEE! Pooping is part of life, doesn't bother me whatsoever :D
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    vol- Exactly what I love about this group. :)
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do you use lite salt for potassium? That's what I did when I was keto. I added it to broth, as well. You also need magnesium. Salt, magnesium and potassium work together and must be in balance. A word of caution: too much potassium will mess with your heart rhythm.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Ugh, sorry you had that experience. I tend to avoid those kinds of groups, though I am on a Dr. Fung based fasting group that I barely go to for the same reasons. Many people are keto, like me, BUT Dr. FUNG is more about healthy eating overall, carbs or not, and fasting over anything. There are some religious zealot keto types there who seem to think they know it all as well. I can't stand it, I should just leave the group altogether. lol

That's why this group ends up being home to me, no one here is like that. Well, we did have a die hard keto type at some point a couple of years ago that trashed people who didn't eat keto, but he was one nasty weed out of all the other keto/low carb types present in our OMAD group.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    asgentr- Yep, I use a little bit of salt substitute in my broth along w/ some epsom salt and baking soda. Not a lot though.

sandy- Yeah, I'm not looking for a strict group of anything b/c I'm certainly not strict with keto, carnivore or OMAD. The group with the A-hole admin isn't strict either so not sure what crawled up that person's butt last night b/c they're usually nice. Guess they were just looking to start something and I was the one they mistakenly picked.

Also a part of an OMAD group on FB and there are definitely the know-it-alls there too. The majority of the people are really nice though. Just gotta deal with some of the bad when dealing with large groups of people.. especially on social media lol.

In other news... feeling ok still. No more dizzy spells thankfully, but still need to drink more water.
    Weight has gone down to 166.2 last time I checked it a few hours ago so yay :)

• LiLee2018
    Options
    The hunger is REAL!!! /cry
    Why did I want to do this again??
    About to go drink my 2nd cup of broth..... food....... oh food. How I want thee. Let me list off everything I want....
    ... everything...... I want everything.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Today’s Date: 5/1/2019
    Today's Plan: bone broth fast
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: 166.2
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 coffee w/ heavy cream/unsweet vanilla almond milk/monk fruit, bone broth w/ bouillon, 4 marinated chicken thighs
    Total calories:950-1000

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Yep... I had to eat. Starting at around 4 I just started feeling horrible. Straight up BAD. Shaky and started getting hot flashes. I wasn't actually hungry, but the feeling wasn't going away.
    Maybe just bone broth would've gotten me through, but I made the decision to eat something b/c aint no challenge worth risking my health over.
    I mean, maybe it's just one of those fasting/super low calorie fasting things that you just have to push through. I dunno, but it came on suddenly and freaked me out a bit.
    Feeling better after eating and still lower than usual in calories so I'm not going to beat myself up about not making it a full week of just bone broth.
    I am going to continue on with the bone broth only though and try my best to make it until Sunday.. then I'll have me a giant steak and whatever else for dinner ;) lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    GOOD IDEA! I say it all the time and I'll say it again - I have NEVER ONCE paid for it on the scale when I listened to my body and ate when I felt like I physically needed to...NOT. ONE. TIME.

WELL DONE! This should help hold you over a bit through Sunday! Good work babe :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    misty- Thanks for that! I don't feel bad about eating at all. Yeah, it would've been nice to have been able to go the whole week, but almost 4 full days is the longest I've gone so far and that's pretty darn awesome in my book :)

It was suggested that maybe it was a lack of electrolytes. Not sure, but going to add more potassium, etc to my broth and hope that feeling doesn't happen again. Also going to make sure to chug down more water too!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Yes, we should listen to our body so that we will not fall off the wagon completely. Looking at your calories, it still not that much. Great job on the 4 days 👍
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the magnesium! A nice epsom salt bath does the trick for me, along with transdermal magnesium oil for those busy days. The water washes the electrolytes away.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yep, I'm going to be adding in more electrolytes to my broth today. I was only adding it once during the day but I guess I need more, especially since I also do need to drink more water too.

Dizzy again this morning but not as strong. I did drink more yesterday, but still not nearly enough. Need too force myself to drink more.

Hopefully no weird things happen today. If something does though, just going to call it and stop the bone broth experiment. :)

• volgirl1322
    Options
    Oh dear ---sorry for your issues. And I agree 100% you must, no matter what, listen to your body. I have eaten before when I was physically hungry and broken my fast early but HAD to do it and I never regretted it, or had the scale be MEAN :)

Hoping you feel better and finish strong!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Alrighty....
    This is taking everything in me to share.
    It's embarrassing as hell to see my before picture and my progress one still shows I have a long way to go, but.... I'm sharing it b/c I feel like I need to... for some reason. /shrugs.... it's just time lol.
    Even though I still see all my flaws, seeing this side by side shows me how far I've come.
    The before pic though... man. I looked more pregnant then than I ever did with all 3 of my pregnancies in the last month of being pregnant. I knew I was big, obviously, but seeing where I'm at now compared to where I was... I was in some serious denial about how big I had gotten.
    Anyway... ugh... ok here it goes....

Starting weight was About 224
    Weight today an hour ago was 164.8

bp6h71bc0ezm.jpg

pls ignore the hampers behind me in the recent pic. We're still waiting for our washer to get fixed and the dirty clothes have piled up :pensive:

Never again though. I will never be that before ever again and my next progress photo will be even more dramatic... hopefully ;) lol
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I love this before and present progress photo, LOOK AT YOU! You've lost so much, I am teary eyed with happiness for you. You are doing so amazingly well, keep it up! :-)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW congrats to you for putting those pics up. WHAT A AWESOME TRANSFORMATION!!!!!!! You should be THRILLED with the progress!!!! That is so amazing and just proves that your plan is working!!!! I am super proud of you!!! Keep it up ---you will be to your goal in no time at all!!!!!