TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@Tracie_Lord, I do have a Fitbit, I have just taken it off while I am having my foot issues. I know full well I am sitting on my butt right now, and I didn't need a gadget reminding me of that!! Mine is a three year old Charge HR. I would like to upgrade when I decide to get back into moving. There was a group from here doing Fitbit Challenges. @cmhubbard92, is that still happening? Maybe Tracie, or anyone else with a Fitbit would like to join?

If there is a fitbit challenge group, I would love to join! I'm at //www.fitbit.com/user/22WC9G
    under Megan M.

@susanpiper57, I do not know how to add people to Fitbit with what you have given me above. I can add with an email address; that's how I added @Kwinnero and @Tracie_Lord. Would you mind posting your email? If not, maybe you can add me. I think my email for Fitbit is lisasebok123@gmail.com. If that's not it, I will give you my other one.[/quote]

Sure, my email is meganmccarty50@gmail.com :)
  • susanpiper57
    Options

@Tracie_Lord, I do have a Fitbit, I have just taken it off while I am having my foot issues. I know full well I am sitting on my butt right now, and I didn't need a gadget reminding me of that!! Mine is a three year old Charge HR. I would like to upgrade when I decide to get back into moving. There was a group from here doing Fitbit Challenges. @cmhubbard92, is that still happening? Maybe Tracie, or anyone else with a Fitbit would like to join?

If there is a fitbit challenge group, I would love to join! I'm at //www.fitbit.com/user/22WC9G
    under Megan M.
    @susanpiper57, I do not know how to add people to Fitbit with what you have given me above. I can add with an email address; that's how I added @Kwinnero and @Tracie_Lord. Would you mind posting your email? If not, maybe you can add me. I think my email for Fitbit is lisasebok123@gmail.com. If that's not it, I will give you my other one.

I added the http: to her link and went to the mobile site and clicked add. Don't know if my request went through, though!

@cmhubbard92, yeah, I still don't know how to do that. I can't seem to access my dashboard on the website anymore.

That's odd! Mine works(when I actually use the website), but I prefer the app.

Yeah, the website doesn't work for challenges. You can't see that you are in one!

Oh, I know that part! That is the only downfall to the website. I think that seeing the challenges on the desktop site would be a great update! I occasionally reference it to see lifetime/best steps/miles(which I wish showed on the app, too!). And in this case, I use it for adding new friends.

@cmhubbard92, I use the app for adding friends, because it is easy to add friends of friends. I went to Mike's profile since he had all the Big Butts to date and I added a couple from there. Now I am just waiting for Melanie M. to accept my request and for susanpiper57 to either accept yours, (and I will add from there) or to tell me her email address, or to add me.

I accepted! Sorry about all the posts, I was reading up.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Sunday, May 5th Mini Challenge

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: 26 minute walk
    Net steps: 8385
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    miakelaa wrote: »
    Sunday, May 5
    Logged food: Yes
    Net deficit: No - About 100 over
    Exercise: No - Took a 7 hour road trip and wasn't able to workout unfortunately

@miakelaa, only over a hundred calories on a road trip day....that's well done!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

under Megan M.
    @susanpiper57, I do not know how to add people to Fitbit with what you have given me above. I can add with an email address; that's how I added @Kwinnero and @Tracie_Lord. Would you mind posting your email? If not, maybe you can add me. I think my email for Fitbit is lisasebok123@gmail.com. If that's not it, I will give you my other one.

I added the http: to her link and went to the mobile site and clicked add. Don't know if my request went through, though!

@cmhubbard92, yeah, I still don't know how to do that. I can't seem to access my dashboard on the website anymore.

That's odd! Mine works(when I actually use the website), but I prefer the app.

Yeah, the website doesn't work for challenges. You can't see that you are in one!

Oh, I know that part! That is the only downfall to the website. I think that seeing the challenges on the desktop site would be a great update! I occasionally reference it to see lifetime/best steps/miles(which I wish showed on the app, too!). And in this case, I use it for adding new friends.

@cmhubbard92, I use the app for adding friends, because it is easy to add friends of friends. I went to Mike's profile since he had all the Big Butts to date and I added a couple from there. Now I am just waiting for Melanie M. to accept my request and for susanpiper57 to either accept yours, (and I will add from there) or to tell me her email address, or to add me.

I accepted! Sorry about all the posts, I was reading up.

I went and invited you to our workweek hustle challenge!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    5/3/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 40 minutes Elliptical

5/4/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Not likely (buffet and drinks) but even though I'm not going to end up under for the day, I am way under my deficit for the week which is awesome.
    Exercise: ~2hours walking

I will try to get back to some of the posts I've been mentioned in, but I am exhausted. We have about an hour back to my boyfriend's parents house, and I'm likely passing out after we get back

@cmhubbard92, a lot of people on MFP use a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily calorie goal, so I can appreciate what you said about your deficit for the week. It may not work for the Mini Challenge, but it still gets you to your weight loss goal. As the saying goes, "there's more than one way...."

Definitely! I aim to be under daily, but sometimes life gets in the way! I always try to get right back on track if I slip, but try to remind myself that one day will not undo months of progress!
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    May 4 Mini challenge

Tracked- Yes
    Under- Yes
    Exercise- 60 minutes Orange Theory, 40 minutes walking

May 5 Mini challenge

Tracked - Yes
    Under- No
    Exercise- 20 minutes walking
  • miakelaa
    miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Monday, May 6
    Previous weight: 156.6
    Current weight: 155.1
    Weigh-in day: Monday
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Sunday May 5
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, walk with my dog, then walk with my grandson, plus 20 mins playing at the park (swinging, slides, climbing)
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    May Wk2

Fri May 3rd
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes but mainly weights as legs are shot 😂
    Fit bit stats - 4,656 steps 😕 & 41 mins active

Sat May 4th
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - no but went to a wedding so I’m ok with it
    Exercise - yes gym
    Fit bit stats - 10,862 steps & 65 mins active

Sun May 5th
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes gym and 1.5 hr walk
    Fitbit stats - 15,873 steps & 145 mins active
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 3668
    Water: 88oz

Happy Monday ☀️
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May Wk2

Fri May 3rd
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes but mainly weights as legs are shot 😂
    Fit bit stats - 4,656 steps 😕 & 41 mins active

Sat May 4th
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - no but went to a wedding so I’m ok with it
    Exercise - yes gym
    Fit bit stats - 10,862 steps & 65 mins active

Sun May 5th
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes gym and 1.5 hr walk
    Fitbit stats - 15,873 steps & 145 mins active

@Tracie_Lord, thanks, Tracie for this. I will do the Mini Challenge results tonight.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Week 1 – 5/4 - May Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – cleaning (including dusting and window cleaning) 1 hour and 9 minutes, vacuuming for 26 minutes, and walking for 1 hour and 38 minutes

Week 1 – 5/ - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – Richard Simmons – 20 minute cardio and 15 minute toning, I also did a lot of walking today 1 hour and 39 minutes

Week 1 – 5/2 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – Leslie Sansone’s 3.1 mile – 45 minutes, Richard Simmon’s Cardio – minutes and toning – 15 minutes, and two walks totaling 2 hours and 3o minutes

Week 1 – 5/1 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – 50 minutes of walking

Week 1 – 4/30 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – 35 minutes total Richard Simmons (20 cardio and 15 toning), also a 39 minute walk with the dog to get my grandson at the bus stop

Week 1 – 4/29 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – walking 1 hour and cleaning and vacuuming for 1hour and 6 minutes

Week 1 – 4/28 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – over an hour of walking

Great week!!! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • Tracie_Lord
    Options

under Megan M.

@susanpiper57, I do not know how to add people to Fitbit with what you have given me above. I can add with an email address; that's how I added @Kwinnero and @Tracie_Lord. Would you mind posting your email? If not, maybe you can add me. I think my email for Fitbit is lisasebok123@gmail.com. If that's not it, I will give you my other one.[/quote]

Sorry only just catching up, my email is tmjackson@hotmail.co.uk but I’m in now anyway as you probs know lol xx
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Tracking: no
    Calories: not likely under . . .
    Exercise: yes, 2 hour slow bike ride, 38 km/24 mile
    Steps: 11,863

Yesterday was not a successful day but posting anyway to try to motivate myself!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. 168.8
    I was weighing in at 167.something most of this week so annoyed with this mornings weigh in.
    I’m so ready to get into the 150s now!

@lozenger1984, I entered your weight in the spreadsheet and I have you losing 0.9 pounds! Well done!! I thought you had gained by the way you were talking. You were just saying that you thought you would have lost more!

I think I’m just impatient!

• enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    @enyagoboom, you should be super happy about that, it's a five point four pound loss!! Great start to the May Challenge. TBBT is very glad you came back!!

Thanks! Sorry about not checking in - the weekend was very difficult with the trip to NY and cleaning out the attic/basement/garage of our house there. The upside is that I definitely got my exercise in (why did we buy a house with so many stairs?) but the downside is tracking was too difficult and my watch died. I made decent choices with two big exceptions, so I think by Thursday if I can maintain what I lost last week (woot!) I will be very happy.

I'm back on track today though - tracking everything and I'm planning on yoga and W1,D1 of the zombies, run C25K.

I hope everyone had a great, health-filled weekend! Let's kick butt this week :smiley:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    May 5
    Tracking: no
    Calories: not likely under . . .
    Exercise: yes, 2 hour slow bike ride, 38 km/24 mile
    Steps: 11,863

Yesterday was not a successful day but posting anyway to try to motivate myself!

@cossmoss15, whatever it takes to motivate ourselves! The day may have been unsuccessful overall, but your bike ride was a success!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    @enyagoboom, you should be super happy about that, it's a five point four pound loss!! Great start to the May Challenge. TBBT is very glad you came back!!

Thanks! Sorry about not checking in - the weekend was very difficult with the trip to NY and cleaning out the attic/basement/garage of our house there. The upside is that I definitely got my exercise in (why did we buy a house with so many stairs?) but the downside is tracking was too difficult and my watch died. I made decent choices with two big exceptions, so I think by Thursday if I can maintain what I lost last week (woot!) I will be very happy.

I'm back on track today though - tracking everything and I'm planning on yoga and W1,D1 of the zombies, run C25K.

I hope everyone had a great, health-filled weekend! Let's kick butt this week :smiley:

@enyagoboom, sometimes it is just too difficult to track. That's when we use what we have learned to make the best food choices and portion decisions and to be as active as we can. If you did those things (and it sounds like you did), then you'll be fine!!
This discussion has been closed.