Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily post 5-7-19

Track yep
    Calories under
    Exercise quick 2 mile walk at lunch

I got a food scale today! Im so excited!!
    Things just got serious. 😜

👏😆 Great move....when I first bought my food scale, I was surprised at how much more volume I'd eat if I used measuring cups verses weighing my food---- and yet I would underestimate how much chicken/meat I was plating.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: May 6th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes!

Today actually felt like my normal (used to be normal) routine and it felt so good. Kept my calories in check and also was able to get in a workout. It was a weight workout day, which isn’t my favorite, but I’m looking to retain muscle while losing so it’s necessary. Today was a good day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Ys
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins weight training, 1 hour walking, 1 hour yardwork.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily post 5-7-19

Track yep
    Calories under
    Exercise quick 2 mile walk at lunch

I got a food scale today! Im so excited!!
    Things just got serious. 😜

👏😆 Great move....when I first bought my food scale, I was surprised at how much more volume I'd eat if I used measuring cups verses weighing my food---- and yet I would underestimate how much chicken/meat I was plating.

Yesssss! I swore I was eating 4oz of steak. Weighed it.... 2.4oz 😒😒... but everything else I do the opposite.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What day, week, time frame has been the toughest for you?

What are you currently struggling with?

My toughest so far was day 2. By far. I wanted to give up right away. Buy now I have so many people cheering me on I feel like I can do this.

Currently struggling with how unfair it takes so long to lose weight. Whyyyyy isn't it easy
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    aadubb wrote: »
    🗣Comments/ goals:
    Weight loss is slowing....
    I assume, though, that whatever I lose now is fat as opposed to water weight so that's encouraging. I'm also exercising more than I probably should for a low carb plan so if the weight loss continues to stall I will dial it back. Will reassess in 2 weeks. On a side note, when you see me do extra workouts (more than one), it's because I'm a workout buddy to more than one person and I'm trying to be helpful and accommodating! Hopefully being helpful doesn't have an effect on my own goals.
    I went for my first run for the season, yesterday. It was a beautiful day!

@aadubb I eat low carb (less than 20g a day) and I lift weights an hour 5 days a week and walk for at least 6 days a week for an hour, low carb won't hinder exercise, maybe in the beginning, you'll feel sluggish until your body gets used to low carbs, but your body will adapt...believe me.

In my low carb plan I'm SUPPOSED to lose 4 to 5lbs per week and the workouts might hinder that. So my attempt to reduce my workouts is mainly to keep that 4 to 5lb loss consistent.

Good to know that the sluggishness I feel from my workouts MAY improve. I have energy issues anyway so I wouldn't hold my breath until those issues improve anyway.
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: @aadubb
    Week: May Week 2
    SW= 172.6
    PW =168.8
    CW=165.4

Daily Post
    ⚡Track: Yes (EVERYTHING)
    ⚡Calories: over - I allow myself to go over since I exercise and my calories are already low.
    ⚡ Exercise:
    -20 min of upper body (weights) before work
    -30 min of cardio during lunch with a coworker
    -30 body weight /dumbbell resistance and cardio activites after work with a friend
    ⚡Water: approx 84oz

🗣Comments/ goals:
    I assume, though, that whatever I lose now is fat as opposed to water weight so that's encouraging. I'm also exercising more than I probably should for a low carb plan so if the weight loss continues to stall I will dial it back. Will reassess in 2 weeks. On a side note, when you see me do extra workouts (more than one), it's because I'm a workout buddy to more than one person and I'm trying to be helpful and accommodating! Hopefully being helpful doesn't have an effect on my own goals.

Being on a low carb diet shouldn't cause you to limit how much you work out.

Based on my plan I'm only supposed to do LIGHT workouts.
    But I like connecting with my friends and colleagues so hopefully I won't have to charge anything. Will see how I do in the next few weeks! :)
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Monday 05/06/19
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in May 6

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. couldn’t get to Taekwondo today. Tomorrow.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33 Daily Post

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 120oz
    Goals/comments still hurting rested all day

Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments still in pain but able to sit for a few moments

Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 20 minutes of walking
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments still hurting but more like a throbbing than painful so that's good also my doctor convince me to put the safety alert button in the bathroom

Foodwise was bad had 2 chicken pot pie since they are so small but I finally reach over 1000 calories all week so I'm still under been eating under 800 calories for the last 4 days so I might have weight gain this week. Although today at the dr I weigh in at the same as last week we'll see.

REFUSE TO STRESS STAYING POSITIVE DESPITE MISHAPS
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Username: Bm00re2u
    Week: May Week 1
    PW = 129.4 lbs
    CW= 128.6 lbs

Surprisingly lost a tad bit, but maybe didn't eat as bad as I thought and going back and forth from apt to house maybe helped.

Hey Brit, congrats on your loss and your new house
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    rosina89 wrote: »
    rosina89 wrote: »
    Morning all,

I am a returning member I started in April and it didn't go to plan.

Unfortunately due to chocolate and hurting my foot I did not lose any weight.

My goals this month:

1. To home cook all my food so that I can ensure that I can log accurately.
    2. To exercise as much as I can with my foot.
    3. To lose some weight.

Target:
    To get below 200lb

Yay I've hit my May target.

Awesome keep it up
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday, May 5th)

Track: No
    Calories: Yes, I had them.
    Exercise: No.

Trying not to let my small weight loss affect me too much. No idea what my problem was this weekend, but I just blew it. Had a lot going on, but that shouldn't get me eating that much more. I guess all I can do is move on, and try harder to control myself this week. Hope the weekend went well for everyone. See you in the AM.

Continue to stay positive no matter what and you will get through the tough spots
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Daily track - May 6th
    Tracked: No
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: Minimal, 5000 steps

I knew yesterday would be a bust because it was a family meal out, but I don’t think it will stall me too much if I’m good the rest of the week.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in

Username: o0kody0o
    PW: 160
    CW: 156.8

Yay! 😀 That’s a total of 27.2lbs lost in just under 12 weeks. I just need to get rid of 9.8lbs and I’ll be at my goal weight 🤞🏻

YOU GOT THIS! CONGRATS
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

May Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 207.7
    CW: 204.9

Yippeee!! April is finally behind me and May is looking good so far. I am 0.9 lbs away from being at the midpoint of my marathon of a journey.

Congrats all that hard work paying off
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Finally back on my regular routine! Did strength training for 50 min and jogged for 10 min. Felt super refreshing! Happy Monday!

Yay back on trac6
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: @aadubb
    SW= 172.6
    PW =168.8
    CW=165.4

Daily Post
    ⚡Track: Yes (EVERYTHING)
    ⚡Calories: over - I allow myself to go over since I exercise and my calories are already low.
    ⚡ Exercise:
    -20 min of upper body (weights) before work
    -30 min of cardio during lunch with a coworker
    -30 body weight /dumbbell resistance and cardio activites after work with a friend
    ⚡Water: approx 84oz

🗣Comments/ goals:

Awesome keep it up and being a buddy hold you accountable as well so it works both way.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Reminder that if you're counting your calories - always weigh your food, even if (especially if!) it's prepackaged. I had a snack bag of popcorn that said one serving is one bag (17g) and was 80 calories. On a whim, I measured, and it turned out the amount of popcorn was 32g, nearly double! I know 80 calories isn't a huge difference, but measuring your food is important!

So true
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

May Week 2 (Monday)

PW: 183.0
    CW: 178.8

This is me doing the happy dance💃 💃💃
    I’m out of the 180’s!!!!!

Excellent loss, I'll join you in the happy dance💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾😍😍😍
This discussion has been closed.