CW: 164.0
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in: 5/7
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Water: Enough
    Exercise: Taekwondo, a solid 45 minutes working out .
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday (5/7)

Calories: Under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1278
    Water: 32 cups
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Chicken Payback - 35 minutes, walked additional to 65 minutes; All Together Now 28 minutes, walked additional to 78 minutes; Holding Out for a Hero - 32 minutes, walked additional to 60 minutes; The Kids Are Alright - 35 minutes, walked additional to 47 minutes) Steps 30,619
    Day: It's been a rough one. Someone that doesn't have a mental illness and isn't a professional suggested I go to the ER, because my appointment with my psychiatrist is so far out now (3 weeks and 2 days). I don't want to do that as they will just screw with my meds and possibly my progress. I want to hold out and see if I can make it. The walks, when long enough, give me enough of a mood boost to take away the worst of the symptoms. It's just figuring out how to cope the rest of the time. I'm not a threat to myself, yet, or others. It's not a picnic in my head and there are times I feel like scream, but I am afraid my neighbors would call the police. Tomorrow I set up my meds for the week. I also see my brother from Madison, WI, who is a psychiatrist. I will talk to him tomorrow. Exercise was on point today, food was good.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Longshore wrote: »
    Username: Longshore
    Weigh in day :sunday
    Week: May week 2
    PW =203
    CW=199.3

@Longshore~ Woohoooo back in ONEderland!! Bet that feels great! That’s my goal by the end of the year.

Making sure I recorded your previous weigh-in correctly, I have documented 202.4#.

sorry yes your right

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 5/07)
    Track: Yes! Every calorie, every bit, every sip; and hit diary complete.
    Calories: 1600 allowed / 1198 consumed
    Exercise: Not really. Day off- knees sore.
    8+ water: 8 cups, barely
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day: at event some back and forth; and did park further away for extra steps.
    • One snack after dinner before 7:30pm NO SNACK!!
    • Night Routine:
    • Last post or read: schedule off for two days.
    • Lights out:
    Did the best I can for having an off schedule. This is a good test for me for fall when we do football tickets. I can tell my body is heavier from this past to now. So I want to be ready for fall and be lighter so that my body doesn’t ache. I’m on that path!!
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »

sorry yes your right

Thanks! Keep up the good fight!!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Over, 1468/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: Enough
    Day: Having a meh week. The scale is really frustrating me this week, very very slowwwww moving down from weekend gain. Nervous for tomorrow's weigh-in. We will see what happens. I need to keep in mind its that TOM, so that could very well be the root of the scale problem this week.
  • johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem ~ Love the captured heart. Purple is my favorite color, too. That is so special. And a great distraction as it keeps your hands busy and you are giving love. 💝 Thank you for sharing. What’s your next project?
    Tuesday - So many steps!! 👏 Where do you get your Zombies run? On YouTube? A DVD? I am going to start looking up different videos. I DVR’d some of those PBS exercise classes, but can’t get hubby out of the house for me to have the TV. One of these mornings, I’ll have to do it before he gets up. Good for you for making a good choice of not going to the ER by recognizing how they could affect your progress. How do the sensory treatments work for you? Do they last at all? My friend… there are many days I want to scream too!! I know it’s different. Is there any other way that your CSS or doctor says you can release your scream, quietly? Me. Crying in the shower helps. Do your best my friend. One more day down. Hope your brother has some good tips for you. 🤗
    @Fivepts ~ Wow 100 day streak. 🙌 You are back on track and 100 will be reached again. Hope you are feeling better and back to 100% soon.
    @j0d13mcc~ Jo. Even though it was just a walk, I bet it felt good to be up and about. 👏
    @ajaia2001 ~ Yeah for Tuesday! 👏 What time of day do you take your boot camp class?
    @skullsandskeletons~ Awesome Tuesday. 👏 Love it - in the zone!! Thanks for the positive vibes, I’m feeling them and need them. Glad to be back to my normal schedule.
    @JamieD328~ yeah 👏 A loss! Going down, down, down. Keep kicking it! I guess it wasn’t HOT Taekwondo… ;)
    @jwall309 ~ You're tracking and being mindful. 👏 I'm sure that TOM has a lot to do with the whole MEH feeling and scale. Just keep reminding yourself (it's hard, as I have to do the same) that even though we are in this challenge to lose weight; we are also trying to figure out how to be on a path for a new lifestyle. And that learning that lifestyle is learning how to work through TOM that can be anticipated and predicted; as well as noticing triggers to work through them the best we can. Have a "go to" plan, is the best that we can do. Even though you don't get to play tennis every day, is there something you can do for 10 minutes every morning? When I feel like I don't have time and a household chore to do (dishes?) I dance or march in place to at least move or get in some steps. It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing.

So happy to be back on my regular schedule. It sure does affect “the plan!” But overall, I did pretty well. Now back to planning, packing, and pre-logging to get in the best foods for low-caloric intake.

Hope your Wednesday was filled with joy, peace, love, and some “me” quiet time.
    Always, remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @johicks - My next project is going to be a hat for me to help me not get so sunburnt on my walks! Zombies, Run! is an app you can download to your phone. It's an exercise app. It gives you a story bit, then plays music form your selected playlist, meanwhile you walk or run to what you hear. After the mission there are DJ's that come on that I find hilarious, and their bits are open ended so you can just keep listening to music and their wise cracks for as long as you want to workout.
  • johicks
    Options
    @johicks - My next project is going to be a hat for me to help me not get so sunburnt on my walks! Zombies, Run! is an app you can download to your phone. It's an exercise app. It gives you a story bit, then plays music form your selected playlist, meanwhile you walk or run to what you hear. After the mission there are DJ's that come on that I find hilarious, and their bits are open ended so you can just keep listening to music and their wise cracks for as long as you want to workout.

Awesome!! 👒 . . .Thanks for answering about the Zombies, Run! I'll let you know when/if I use it.
  • MaelynMayhem
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday (5/8)

Calories: Under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1358
    Water: 26 cups
    Exercise: Walked during commercials for an hour, walked to and from Transitions, Zombies, Run! (Relight My Fire - 29 minutes, walked additional for to reach 60 minutes; SOS - 31 minutes, walked additional to reach 60 minutes), Steps 17,247
    Day: The good news is that my psychiatrist's nurse called and my appointment has been moved to Friday at 11. She also called in an increase of my antipsychotic to the pharmacy at Transitions. So, I added it to my med strips. I have had my typical day of hallucinations. I screwed up at dinner. I KNOW, know that it requires 350 calories to be absorbed properly. I didn't input it into my food diary until an HOUR after ate, knowing that's not my procedure and it was 268. I ate something else, but I know it was too late. I looked up how much my body is going to take in 9-19%. So, given it's half-life, I'm going to have a rough day tomorrow. Soooo, yeah, I screwed up. So, I am thinking of just going to bed to close out the day and start anew tomorrow.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr at bootcamp class/20 mins on
    elliptical machine.
    Goal/Day: OK rainy Wednesday. Had a good day of clean eating and great exercising.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @johicks If I go to class on a Monday or Wednesday, it'll be at 5:30 pm - Tuesday or Thursday will be either 4:15 pm or 5:30 pm.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Ran 3 miles and did some walking
    Goal/Day: Spent the day at the hospital while my mom had surgery. Did some walking there. Tomorrow is a second surgery. Hoping to get in some exercise in the morning before all the sitting begins. Still sticking with watching what I eat and getting in some kind of exercise while away.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday 5/8
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 min walk
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/08)
    Track: Yes!
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 20 minutes (10m bike, 10m glider)
    8+ water: 10 cups
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • One snack after dinner before 7:30pm TWO!!

TOM must be around the corner, I could still be in bed!! And now that I am up and see it's rainy, I really want to be in bed. NO MOJO! I'm a morning person and today it's not in me. So that's how I can tell. And that means three things: hormones, cravings, and mood swings. Hang on it's going to be a rollercoaster ride! At least my schedule is normal. Nothing planned until Mother's day.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW: 178.2
    CW: 177.4

Another meh loss. I'm hoping its TOM the past two weeks that have significantly slowed my progress. Not going to change anything yet. I'm worried ultimately its from upping my daily calories, but knowing its TOM, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet and ride out the rest of the month under my current plan and then reflect and adjust if necessary for June.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track:Yes
    Calories: Under 1388/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: good during the day, need to be better when I'm home
    Day: Just another day. Nothing exciting or negative to report. I am a little frustrated with the slow progress over the past two weeks, but I'm going to hold out for the rest of the month before I make any changes. If I ultimately need to adjust, I'm going to either need to lower my calories back down or change my attitude towards how fast I like to lose weight....not sure which would be the easier change.....
  • johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem ~ WRT to your fitness and tracking- you're doing great! 👏 So great!! YES! Friday appt. So happy for you. I hope you had a good slumber and the meds today work for you. 🤗 Keep doing your best.

@ajaia2001~ Wow! Bootcamp and elliptical. Based on the times, you go after work? I am trying to move a little more at night. That is quite the commitment for a mom- GOOD FOR YOU!! 👊 :D You're making sure you get some me time!! So it’s been a few days of your new eating program, how do you feel?

@jupdyke~ Hope all goes well for mom. Good for you for tracking!! Glad you’re able to get in some exercise before sitting time. 🤗 Your family is in my thoughts.

@skullsandskeletons~ Wednesday 🗹 🗹 🗹 and done! 🙌 👊

@Gustaaf85 ~ Nice loss!! 👊 And thanks for the head’s up about June challenge. Hope you have a great vacation!!

@jwall309 ~ A loss!! 👏 So great!! Doesn’t matter how big or small. Our bodies somehow adjust to our weight loss. You are paying attention, being mindful, and tracking. The losses will continue to come, and overall you’re going in the right direction. They say that .5- 1# per week is the best way to lose and keep it off. WRT to change, instead of adjusting calories; think about what/how can you do for exercise daily for 10-15 minutes. I’m noticing that last week, I did more 10-minute chunks of exercise throughout the day and that seemed to work better than what I’m striving for this week. That’s something I’m playing with. And sometimes my exercise is merely dancing around - low cardio aerobic type exercise. Anyway…. All I know is you’re doing great! 👊 You got this!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
This discussion has been closed.