Leslie Sansone May 2019 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kicked it up just a bit on the treadmill last night (cat was happily snoozing where I'd be working out doing a Leslie Sansone DVD lol).

I added a .5 incline, and .3 faster mph pace for 5 extra minutes. My hamstrings and bum are a little sore today. I'LL TAKE IT!

I'm down 5.6 pounds overall and am pretty happy about that.

I'm going to try to get a walk in during my lunch break at work today because I won't be able to get in a walk at home tonight (dinner with one of my friends). Really going to need to reel it in with the food tonight - she is an awesome and hearty cook and baker and there's no telling what kinds of scrumptious things she'll have.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My Goal for May will be cut a little as I will have company for a week. Not going to set how many days a week this month.
    So I want to do 100 Workout miles and 175 watch miles.

5/1 Workout #99 5+ Mega Miles. Heart rate was so high I had to cool down after mile 3 didn't realize I walked a mile cooling down but I did take about 15 just walking around the house and garden.
    5/2 WORKOUT #100 5 Mixed Miles. 2 Belly Blasting miles and 3 Walk off the lbs miles.
    5/3 Migraine and drove to visit sister-in-law for the weekend
    5/4 Bra shopping does that count? LOL
    5/4 Church and drove home
    5/6 Workout #101 2.2 miles mowing back and front and side yards.
    5/7 Workout # 102 4 miles of the Ultimate 5 day walk plan
    5/8 #103 5 Miles of Ultimate 5 Daily Walk Plan W/firm band May Miles 22.2/100 and for 2019 434.2/1000 Miles on my watch for May 30.6/175 and 2019 588.66/1000
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is to continue to be extra active in some way and/or workout at least 5 days a week.

May 1st: 1 1/2 hours yard/ garden
    May 2nd: 45 minutes Gazelle, 1 hour in the garden
    May 3: 80 minutes: Tone Every Zone: 3 circuits, & 2 Walk Blasters (Light Walk, Flexibility Walk)
    May 4: 90 minutes: outdoor work and heavier indoor cleaning

May 5: Free Day
    May 6: 5 miles: Walk It Off & Tone It Up plus the extra band work session
    May 7: 40 minutes neighborhood walking, 1 hour 30 minutes errands and grocery store walking
    May 8: 2 miles: WAP Express: Walk Strong, 15 minutes gazelle

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Goal: 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

5/1... 45 minutes of weights and some gardening
    5/2... 38 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    5/3... 30 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    5/4... 90 minutes of gardening. So humid today, so it was not the joy it usually is this time of the year
    5/5... rest day
    5/6... Weight Loss Yoga, 35 minutes and The 2 Mile Miracle Miles workout.
    5/7... 90 minutes of gardening. Someone gave me a bunch of plants a few days ago and I'm trying to get them in the ground, pots, where ever I can find a place. Love it, but it is work.
    5/8... 120 minutes in the garden.
  • CorkyLaRue
    Options
    Did some walking outside yesterday! Had to split it up to two 15 minute walks, it ended up being a total of 1.7 miles. It felt good. :)
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My Goal for May will be cut a little as I will have company for a week. Not going to set how many days a week this month.
    So I want to do 100 Workout miles and 175 watch miles.

5/1 Workout #99 5+ Mega Miles. Heart rate was so high I had to cool down after mile 3 didn't realize I walked a mile cooling down but I did take about 15 just walking around the house and garden.
    5/2 WORKOUT #100 5 Mixed Miles. 2 Belly Blasting miles and 3 Walk off the lbs miles.
    5/3 Migraine and drove to visit sister-in-law for the weekend
    5/4 Bra shopping does that count? LOL
    5/4 Church and drove home Rest Day

5/6 Workout #101 2.2 miles mowing back and front and side yards.
    5/7 Workout # 102 4 miles of the Ultimate 5 day walk plan
    5/8 #103 5 Miles of Ultimate 5 Daily Walk Plan W/firm band
    5/9 #104 5 Really Big Miles W/Firm Band 13 min warm up and cool down
    May Miles = 27.2/100 and 2019 = 439.2/1000
    Watch Miles for May = 37.16/175 2019 = 595.32
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1, you are doing awesome and are very determined! I didn't remember that you were from Texas :bigsmile:!

@AnnofB, last week I had divided some ornamental garlic which I passed along half of them to my neighbor, She ended up giving me some Canna that was doing exceptionally well this year for her, so we ended up trading some 'pass along plants' :p . It is always so much fun when someone shares plants with their neighbors. I was also scrambling to get them into the ground as we were looking at a lot of potential rain that weekend.

@CorkyLaRue, that is good news that you are feeling much better!!

@PinkyPan1, as always, your golfing mileage is amazing. Good for you!

@knjstolt, there is something about the U5DWP workout that makes it fun. But also a great workout. Nicely done!

@evangsimmons170, we shall count you in! Good to see you :) . I like how you wrote: "My focus is on total miles walked by any means necessary." Excellent goal and plan!

My goal for May is to continue to be extra active in some way and/or workout at least 5 days a week.

May 1st: 1 1/2 hours yard/ garden
    May 2nd: 45 minutes Gazelle, 1 hour in the garden
    May 3: 80 minutes: Tone Every Zone: 3 circuits, & 2 Walk Blasters (Light Walk, Flexibility Walk)
    May 4: 90 minutes: outdoor work and heavier indoor cleaning

May 5: Free Day
    May 6: 5 miles: Walk It Off & Tone It Up plus the extra band work session
    May 7: 40 minutes neighborhood walking, 1 hour 30 minutes errands and grocery store walking

:flowerforyou:

Hi @texasgardnr...I'm from Central Texas too! Which part of TX are you from? I'm glad to be a part of this group. Anyone 50 or over struggling with menopause stuff like mood swings, tearfulness, etc.? I'm considering adding some ginseng or St. John's Wort to my daily routine. I prefer natural remedies as much as possible. The moodiness is so out of character for me; I'm getting on my own nerves! LOLOL
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    May 8: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles WATP Super Fat Burning Walk + 2 Miles NutriSystem Women's Walk + Pilates + 15 min HASfit abs

May 9: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles WATP Express + 3 Miles iWalk Strong + lower body Pilates + 20 min HASfit strength

55 of 160 miles
  • CorkyLaRue
    Options
    Had a great walking session last night - did some intervals (speed and incline). The backs of my legs and rear end are on FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE! <3
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    45.60/125

6.54 miles golfing on the 8th
    7.52 miles golfing today
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @evangsimmons170, Seems like canna is having a good year, :) I've never tried to grow garlic. Is it difficult?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170, Seems like canna is having a good year, :) I've never tried to grow garlic. Is it difficult?

@AnnofB... I have no idea what you're talking about. Was your note intended for someone else?
  • AnnofB
    Options

@AnnofB... I have no idea what you're talking about. Was your note intended for someone else?

Uh-oh. I'm losing it! I'm sorry, the above was part of texasgardnr's post, not yours. For some crazy reason I though it was you making the comment, when all you did was copy her post. I was thinking it's great that we have so many gardeners here. Sorry about that. I've got to pay more attention!

I may be able to help with your question about menopause. A website, The Peoples Pharmacy has some great information on natural remedies for menopause symptoms. Just search for menopause and you will find info containing study results for certain supplements as well as certain foods either helping or making the symptoms worse. The Peoples Pharmacy isn't an online store. They cite studies and are quick to point out bogus products or remedies. HTH.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    54.02/125

8.42 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

5/1... 45 minutes of weights and some gardening
    5/2... 38 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    5/3... 30 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    5/4... 90 minutes of gardening. So humid today, so it was not the joy it usually is this time of the year
    5/5... rest day
    5/6... Weight Loss Yoga, 35 minutes and The 2 Mile Miracle Miles workout.
    5/7... 90 minutes of gardening. Someone gave me a bunch of plants a few days ago and I'm trying to get them in the ground, pots, where ever I can find a place. Love it, but it is work.
    5/8... 120 minutes in the garden.
    5/9... 100 minutes walking 2.0 mph
    5/10... 45minutes walking 2.0 mph
    5/11... 48 minutes strength, 15 minute walk
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Uh-oh. I'm losing it! I'm sorry, the above was part of texasgardnr's post, not yours. For some crazy reason I though it was you making the comment, when all you did was copy her post. I was thinking it's great that we have so many gardeners here. Sorry about that. I've got to pay more attention!

I may be able to help with your question about menopause. A website, The Peoples Pharmacy has some great information on natural remedies for menopause symptoms. Just search for menopause and you will find info containing study results for certain supplements as well as certain foods either helping or making the symptoms worse. The Peoples Pharmacy isn't an online store. They cite studies and are quick to point out bogus products or remedies. HTH.

Thank you, @AnnofB :smiley:
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    May Goal: Cardio exercise 2 times per week. Strength exercise 2 times per week. Also, earlier bedtime (midnight or earlier).

5/1 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 30 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 15, 2nd set 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Going to bed earlier: 12:40am
    5/2 = Burn 30 I'll be back to report the bedtime... -- btw, I am exhausted. This is a tough workout for me. I hope that I build up, soon. I'm wondering if I'm getting my heart beat up too high. My face was pretty red afterwards. I think the highest my fit bit showed was 137. But, I'm pretty sure that my fit bit is not accurate on me....
    Went to bed 12:20am—closer to my goal.
    5/3 = bedtime was 11:45pm. Quite sore today. No exercise.
    5/4 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 10, 2nd set: 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Bedtime was not even close to midnight......................
    5/5 = Burn 30. -- Was a little easier this time. My face wasn't as red, afterwards, as it was on May 2nd. So... I think that I'm okay and just need to "stay the course". Not in bed on time...
    5/6 = Rest Day (?) & nope on
    bedtime.

Updating:
    5/7 = nope, but yes on bedtime
    5/8 = Pushups (10 regular floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall), triceps dips (1st set: 25, 2nd set: 10), back exercises including crunches & planks.
    5/9 = nope
    5/10 = nope
    5/11 = nope
    After the exercises on Wednesday, I was exhausted on Thursday & Friday.
    Saturday, I’m using weather as my excuse, cause I’d planned on walking outside. Twas thunderstorms all morning & no time left to walk outside In the afternoon due to the time delays caused by the poor weather.

If I can get a handle on getting to bed sooner, I think that it will give me time to exercise in the mornings. So, I need to stay focused & get on track.

Anyway...I’m reading posts, here, & appreciate how supportive this group is. Thank you for that & for setting such great examples of how to get the exercise done. Your posts continue to inspire me & I’m not giving up yet!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Whelp, my last post sounds like a bunch of excuses, so I need to do more doing & stop the excuses ! 🤪
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    Kicked it up just a bit on the treadmill last night (cat was happily snoozing where I'd be working out doing a Leslie Sansone DVD lol).

I added a .5 incline, and .3 faster mph pace for 5 extra minutes. My hamstrings and bum are a little sore today. I'LL TAKE IT!

I'm down 5.6 pounds overall and am pretty happy about that.

@CorkyLaRue congrats on your weight loss!

• AnnofB
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    May Goal: Cardio exercise 2 times per week. Strength exercise 2 times per week. Also, earlier bedtime (midnight or earlier).

5/1 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 30 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 15, 2nd set 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Going to bed earlier: 12:40am
    5/2 = Burn 30 I'll be back to report the bedtime... -- btw, I am exhausted. This is a tough workout for me. I hope that I build up, soon. I'm wondering if I'm getting my heart beat up too high. My face was pretty red afterwards. I think the highest my fit bit showed was 137. But, I'm pretty sure that my fit bit is not accurate on me....
    Went to bed 12:20am—closer to my goal.
    5/3 = bedtime was 11:45pm. Quite sore today. No exercise.
    5/4 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 10, 2nd set: 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Bedtime was not even close to midnight......................
    5/5 = Burn 30. -- Was a little easier this time. My face wasn't as red, afterwards, as it was on May 2nd. So... I think that I'm okay and just need to "stay the course". Not in bed on time...
    5/6 = Rest Day (?) & nope on
    bedtime.

Updating:
    5/7 = nope, but yes on bedtime
    5/8 = Pushups (10 regular floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall), triceps dips (1st set: 25, 2nd set: 10), back exercises including crunches & planks.
    5/9 = nope
    5/10 = nope
    5/11 = nope
    After the exercises on Wednesday, I was exhausted on Thursday & Friday.
    Saturday, I’m using weather as my excuse, cause I’d planned on walking outside. Twas thunderstorms all morning & no time left to walk outside In the afternoon due to the time delays caused by the poor weather.

If I can get a handle on getting to bed sooner, I think that it will give me time to exercise in the mornings. So, I need to stay focused & get on track.

Anyway...I’m reading posts, here, & appreciate how supportive this group is. Thank you for that & for setting such great examples of how to get the exercise done. Your posts continue to inspire me & I’m not giving up yet!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!

Happy Mother's Day!

"... I'm not giving up yet!" You go, Girl! It's sometimes two steps forward and 3 steps back, ha-ha, but... if you keep moving forward, you ARE going to get to where you want to be. Getting enough sleep is so crucial. I've had some form of insomnia most of my adult life. It's amazing what a solid night of un-interupted sleep can do. More energy and stamina... as I'm sure you know. I'm trying now to go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time. Last night was a bust. I woke up at 2:15 am and didn't fall back to sleep until 5 am. So, I slept in until 8:58 am! Couldn't believe it when I saw the clock. But I did feel better and not sluggish at all. But I am going to get on a sleep schedule. Got to!

I hope you have a good Sunday!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    60.97/125

6.95 miles golfing this morning.