UTMom81 wrote: »
    tess5036 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Week 1
    Tuesday Weigh In
    Previous: 151
    Current: 150.4
    I'm amazed at the inches I've lost in the last few weeks though. Definitely NOT represented in the number of pounds lost, but at least the scales are moving down again.

Fantastic, as you get lower I think you find it is less about the scales. I'm sitting on the cheer squad as I have found over the past month or so I've put on a couple big pounds, but the inches are still coming down, it feels strange, but it reminds us it's about fat loss, not weight loss

Exactly. I’m really pretty comfortable here. But I’d like to get back down to 145. But, my measurements are smaller now than they were when I was at 145 in the fall. Weird, I know. But I feel pretty good right now.

Do you think it’s from IF?

Yes, Jen. I do think it’s from IF. I’m loving IF right now.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    ✅ Food: under, all on plan
    ✅ Water: over
    ✅ Exercise: martial arts practice at home, martial arts class, outdoor walk (had a date walk with my husband, and inspired him to hit his 10K steps for the day!)
    Steps: 10,709 (exceeded my goal of 7500)

Thursday Plans
    Food and water on plan
    Workout: martial arts practice at home, martial arts class
    Steps 7500 or over

Way to meet those goals AND inspire your husband,too! What a great day you had!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    User Name: Girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: fri
    Previous Weight: 167
    Todays Weight: 164.4

Rejoined the gym on Wednesday (took a group class yesterday!), drinking daily recommendation for water, and carefully monitoring calories. Here’s to a stronger and lighter May! Good luck everyone!

Sounds like you’re doing great! You got this!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking cleaning trailer
    Water: 120 oz
    Steps: 18089 Over double my daily goal
    Goals today: more walking and working around house Make better food choices to stay under carbs

Look at those steps! You are rocking it!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps
    5/8= 12,848
    5/9= 7,885
    5/10= 8,164
  • UTMom81
    Options
    @47Angie Welcome to Slimpossibles, where slim (and healthy) really IS possible! I am so glad you found us, and I know you coming along on this journey with @19shmoo69 is going to be such a joy for him. It's always great to do something like this with someone at home. It just makes everything easier, it seems to me. Good luck to you, and we are so glad you are coming along for the journey. Let us know if there are any questions we can answer for you. Just one thought I have: do you drink as much coffee as your husband? LOL
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone...

After a bit of discussion, the moderators are going to be changing it up a bit for the remaining month of May.

We are going to be eliminating the Moderators Challenge as it stands now. Instead, we are going to try introducing a Moderators Topic of the Week. This will be spearheaded by Greg and I welcome any feedback about the change.

The Moderators Topic of the Week will be an informative (and interactive) discussion on things like nutrition, dieting, fitness, etc. and will be designed to provide more "support" to the challengers in the group.

The weekly "Team Challenge" will continue as it has right along and will continue to rotate to a different team each week. I remind the team captains that the weekly challenges do not need to be elaborate, sometimes basic is just as good if not better.

Thanks
    Steve

THANKS BOSS I'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE...
    AS STATED IN THE ABOVE I AM GOING TO DO THE RESEARCH FOR YOU......GIVE YOU THE PROS AND CONS OF THAT WEEKS TOPIC...
    REMEMBER I AM OLD, RETIRED, AND WELL USED AND DIFFERENTLY NOT A MEDICAL EXPERT BY STRETCH OF THE MEANS... SO PLEASE CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL TEAM/EXPERTS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR YOUR LIFE STYLE.
    THE ARTICLES THAT I FIND ARE FOR INFORMATION ONLY... MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN SOMETHING OR NOT.... I AM JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE FOR YOU TO MULL OVER......I WILL COVER A VAST SELECTION OF TOPICS THAT WILL HELP YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE INCLUDING FITNESS,NUTRITION, LIFE STYLES, MENTAL FITNESS ETC ETC....

IF YOU HAVE A TOPIC OR CONVERSATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEN BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW THROUGH E-MAIL....gregor5453@gmail.com ....OR PM ME THROUGH THE MFP MESSAGE CENTER....OR DROP INTO THE WARRIORS TEAM THREAD AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME THERE.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING YOU THE BEST INFORMATION I CAN BOTH GOOD AND MAYBE NOT SO GOOD..
    THANKS AS ALWAYS
    GREG
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Food: under, all on plan, on time (I aim for a 14+ hour fasting window each day)
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts practice at home (just a little), outdoor walk
    Steps: 11,749 (exceeded my goal of 7500)
    Other: I went in for an annual physical yesterday, and "Morbidly Obese" was marked as a resolved health issue on my record. I had a BMI of 46 when I was last in, and yesterday at the doctor's office, he recorded it as 22.4. Woohoo!

Saturday Plans
    Food: under, on plan, on time
    Water: on target
    Exercise: walking
    Steps: at least 7500

@Kres567 and @UTMom81 - How great you guys are seeing results with intermittent fasting!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories over Carbs good
    Water: 122 oz
    Steps: 14,991
    Exercise: weights-shoulders
    40 min treadmill

Tomorrow's Goals:
    -stick to food plan
    -at least 30 min of cardio
  • missyms740
    missyms740 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Username: Missyms741
    Weigh in week:Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 290
    Todays Weight: 288
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Food: under
    Water: 120oz
    Exercise: outdoor walk cleaning trailer and yard work
    Steps: 11499 (exceeded my goal of 7500)
    Goals today: more walking get ready or camping.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week:Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 229
    Todays Weight: 228
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @Jactop - Nice day! That step count is impressive!

<remembers to take gadget off the charger, so I will get some of my steps counted today!>

@missyms740 - Congratulations! Great loss!

@digger61 - Congratulations on the loss! And hurray for a great Friday!
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

THE WEEK 1 MOD CHALLENGE IS COMING TO A CLOSE TODAY AND AS A RESULT WE WILL BE RETURNING TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM OF JUST RECORDING STEPS IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR TEAM WANTS.... IF YOUR TEAM DECIDES TO KEEP INCORPORATING THE WATER THEN THAT'S FINE ..JUST REMEMBER AS ALWAYS IT'S VOLUNTARY NOT MANDATORY... AS STATED BY STEVE WE ARE CHANGING THE FORMAT OF WHAT THE MODS DO EVERY WEEK ...STAYED TUNED FOR THAT DEVELOPMENT....
    GREG
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 249
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Correction my previous weight was 245
  • 47Angie
    47Angie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @47Angie Welcome to Slimpossibles, where slim (and healthy) really IS possible! I am so glad you found us, and I know you coming along on this journey with @19shmoo69 is going to be such a joy for him. It's always great to do something like this with someone at home. It just makes everything easier, it seems to me. Good luck to you, and we are so glad you are coming along for the journey. Let us know if there are any questions we can answer for you. Just one thought I have: do you drink as much coffee as your husband? LOL

Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement.
    As far as the coffee, he drinks so much I only get the left overs. Lol
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    In. Bit of a slump at the moment. We head into winter here so maybe some low vitamin D levels plus loads of life stress.
    I did manage to do two 20 min runs this week though, better than nothing.
    I will do a weights session tomorrow so I reach my minim target for exercise this week. I try for 3 gym sessions each week .
    So that will be the third and then one day where I walked a fair bit . The other days I’m sedentary due to my study.

Whatever you do is a step in the right direction; the main part of losing weight is in the kitchen, exercises is only a small part of it, but you are already lapping most people, way to go, and keep it up
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Saturday and other days check-in

I'm counting carbs more than calories atm, as I'm upping my training schedule

All days have been under on carbs, and at least 3.5 liters water per day,

Steps
    8th May 5,110
    9th May 17,649
    10th May 3,724
    11th May (event) 27,025
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    IN BASEBALL THERE IS A PITCH CALLED THE CHANGE UP
    THE MODERATORS ARE THROWING THEIR CHANGE UP PITCH THIS WEEK.
    iag7h7r23w5o.png

SHARE WITH THE FAT2FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    WHY YOUR SO DAMM PROUD OF YOURSELF
    THIS ISN'T BRAGGING, OR BOASTING
    THIS TELLING ALL OF US HOW DAMM HARD YOU'VE WORKED TO GET WHERE YOU ARE TODAY
    THEN WE IN TURN GET GET GIVE YOU KUDOS YOU DESERVE
    IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS IT CAN BE ABOUT ANYTHING
    THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE

SO COME ON SHARE WITH ALL US ON THE MODS LINK
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743622/week-2-mods-change-up-pitch#latest ....
    YOU DESERVE A PAT ON THE BACK FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!
    s6jkwg1pgtz9.png

This discussion has been closed.