March 2019 group?

Replies

• enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Hi all, I’m new here but i just completed w1 of the zombie run c25k. Hi everyone!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like everyone is doing great! I hadn’t run since April 20th. My hip bursitis was flaring up pretty badly, I went on vacation for 5 days, and then I was sick when I got home. I ended up missing the fun run 5k w/ dogs last weekend since I was sick so that was a bummer!!

Anyway! I’m all better now and woke up this AM ready to run. Completed W3D1 which wasn’t bad at all. I liked alternating between the 90 second & 3 min runs. I’m going slow, approx 4.5mph
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,353 Member
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m new here but i just completed w1 of the zombie run c25k. Hi everyone!

Hi! I do love the sound of that Zombies app - how is it in practice?
  • VanVanDiane
    Well done @pratainua 👏
  • enyagoboom
    Hi! I do love the sound of that Zombies app - how is it in practice?

I love that there's a story to follow. I haven't tried other c25k programs so i can't compare it to anything else, but so far it's been good with pacing, links up to my playlists and seems overall to be decent. Truth is, this is my third time trying to get through a program and i've only ever made it to week three before i get sick and fall off the wagon :/ Third times a charm though! and I have a 5k with work June 2nd - I won't be done with the program by then, but I can walk what I need to :)
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    pratainua wrote: »
    I finished it. I am so proud of myself. I have started and not finished it a few times before but this time I did it. Now I am very slow but I can run for the whole 35 mins straight which I could never have imagined at the start. I couldn't have imagined running for 10 minutes a few weeks ago. So the plan works.
    I am going to repeat it until I can do it more comfortably and faster. So happy with myself.
    My advice to anyone still completing it is to take it as slow as you need to and to repeat runs as often as you need to and believe that you can do it because you can.

Whoooop! Congratulations! You're my push to keep going on my restart, well done!
  • kilobykilo
    Great that there is some activity in here, determined to be a part of it again!

Week 3 day 2 redone today.... 2 restart runs done and feel like I am truly back!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    pratainua wrote: »
    I finished it. I am so proud of myself. I have started and not finished it a few times before but this time I did it. Now I am very slow but I can run for the whole 35 mins straight which I could never have imagined at the start. I couldn't have imagined running for 10 minutes a few weeks ago. So the plan works.
    I am going to repeat it until I can do it more comfortably and faster. So happy with myself.
    My advice to anyone still completing it is to take it as slow as you need to and to repeat runs as often as you need to and believe that you can do it because you can.

Congratulations! I’m interested to hear what you do from here. I found the NHS podcasts designed for after c25k a little bit too tough and I couldn’t stay motivated to continue them. So I joined a Runbet game to keep me running for now. I’m enjoying it so far. I still haven’t done an actual 5k race yet. Maybe soon.
  • VanVanDiane
    Cleared to run by physiotherapist today, but told to restart the program again as a precaution. Gah! Am I ever going to get this finished?
  • emmamcgarity
    Cleared to run by physiotherapist today, but told to restart the program again as a precaution. Gah! Am I ever going to get this finished?

Take all the time you need. Preventing injury is important.

• kilobykilo
    Week three redone, onwards and upwards!

@VanVanDiane great you can get back out there, focus on that! I'm currently redoing a three week chunk, and am keeping myself motivated by trying to better my previous distances, do you have those logged on an app so you can do the same?

Oh, signed up for a 10k in October, so..... gotta do this!

Have a great day everyone!
  • enyagoboom
    Week 2 day 1 completed this morning. Having some issues with my left foot that might be plantar... not sure. Lots of stretching today and tomorrow though and will go at it again.
  • VanVanDiane
    Wow @kilobykilo - straight for the 10k! Inspiring stuff!

Hope it's not plantar @enyagoboom

3rd time lucky? Here's hoping - W1D1 done (yet again!)
  • kilobykilo
    @VanVanDiane Well done for restarting, hope this is your time....

@enyagoboom hope foot is okay

I don't think (or at least hope!!) 10k in 5 months isn't an unachievable goal..... let's see ha ha
  • emmamcgarity
    @lybarni I hope you’ll also update your c25k progress here
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    W3D2 done after 3 days of no exercise. It was raining and I was grumpy lol! Back at it today and it felt great. Almost easy but not TOO easy. I’m ready for W3D3 but not so sure about W4D1!

I also wore a new pair of sneakers today for my run (ok, jog). I didn’t hate them.
  • kilobykilo
    Just thought I'd pop in here to say hello, as I'm new to the group. I'm currently on week 6, ready to do run 3 tomorrow - 25 minutes non stop! I'm excited to leave the intervals behind. :)

Welcome and good luck! The no interval stage still fills me with dread, I hope I'm feeling more like you when I get there!