Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

March 2019 group?

Replies

• jcraig10jcraig10 Posts: 476Member Member Posts: 476Member Member
    W3D2 done after 3 days of no exercise. It was raining and I was grumpy lol! Back at it today and it felt great. Almost easy but not TOO easy. I’m ready for W3D3 but not so sure about W4D1!

I also wore a new pair of sneakers today for my run (ok, jog). I didn’t hate them.
  • kilobykilokilobykilo Posts: 354Member Member Posts: 354Member Member
    Just thought I'd pop in here to say hello, as I'm new to the group. I'm currently on week 6, ready to do run 3 tomorrow - 25 minutes non stop! I'm excited to leave the intervals behind. :)

Welcome and good luck! The no interval stage still fills me with dread, I hope I'm feeling more like you when I get there!
  • SarahGilfachSarahGilfach Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Welcome and good luck! The no interval stage still fills me with dread, I hope I'm feeling more like you when I get there!

I used to feel like that too, but it's reached a point where restarting the run after an interval feels harder than just keeping going. Week 6, run 1 (3 intervals) I found harder than week 5, run 3 (20 minutes straight). Once you find a rhythm, it's easier to let your mind think about other things and less about 'how many seconds have I got left before I can walk again?' And I NEVER in a million years thought I'd ever say things like this! I hadn't run since leaving school, I was useless at running when I was at school, and had always just assumed that I could never be a runner, I wasn't made for it. But I'm now running, albeit slowly and only for twenty minutes at a time. Love this programme. :)
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    W3D2 done after 3 days of no exercise. It was raining and I was grumpy lol! Back at it today and it felt great. Almost easy but not TOO easy. I’m ready for W3D3 but not so sure about W4D1!

I also wore a new pair of sneakers today for my run (ok, jog). I didn’t hate them.

We're almost in the same place, I'll be (re) doing week 4 day one tomorrow after I stopped for a month due to travel, sickness and then losing my focus. Week 4 was my favourite week, getting into the zone in the slightly longer runs was great. I found week 5 tougher though, and stopped at week 5 day 2.

Reading about others teaching the long runs and doing them and then successfully finishing the whole programme makes me believe I can do it too..... let's see!

Happy jogging everyone!

The place I run has some gradual inclines. I try and time them so I can walk up the big(ish) hill lol. I think once I hit week 4/5 I'll want to switch my location to a flat run.

Great work, keep it up!
    W1D2 complete 🏃🏽‍♀️

Fab! Well done! Onwards and upwards. :)
  • VanVanDianeVanVanDiane Posts: 806Member Member Posts: 806Member Member
    @SarahGilfach I can't wait to get to the bit where I actually enjoy it! :D
    W3D3 done. I have off work today so woke up and just got it done. Ran flat today which was a nice change.
  • emmamcgarityemmamcgarity Posts: 1,009Member Member Posts: 1,009Member Member
    Great job my c25k friends! Still lurking. Still running.
    @SarahGilfach love your post, thank you!

Week 4 day 1 redone and almost enjoyed it!

Almost haha! Maybe one day right?

• VanVanDianeVanVanDiane Posts: 806Member Member Posts: 806Member Member
    W1D3 done - a cool misty run along the coast - very refreshing!
    W7D1 done. Not too bad, didn't drink quite enough yesterday which showed in how I felt a little bit, but overall fine. Well done @kilobykilo, @jcraig10 and @VanVanDiane! Keep it going!
  • kilobykilokilobykilo Posts: 354Member Member Posts: 354Member Member
    Week 4 day 2 done. Tried another route today as need to get further from home in my loop. Was lovely through the woods but the run ended and I was miles from home, so once I'd cooled down decided to just jog, and 12.5 minutes later was at my front door. Yippee!