• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Weigh in
    Last: 246.6
    This: 244.4

I am very happy to see this!
    9 straight weeks with a weight loss for a total of 10 lbs.
    31.1 lbs lost overall. And I am now less than my lowest weight from last summer before I hit a wall and lost motivation.
    230’s, I see you 👀
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day

Last week: 160.6
    This week: 164

I had a very difficult and disappointing week. Hurt my back at the gym last Thursday doing deadlifts and have been out of the gym and work since then. This has resulted in me being around the house and the food more often. So frustrating because I felt like I was on a good roll there for the past two weeks.

Dont let this little blip up derail you. Life happens. Stay focused. It is a journey, not a sprint.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thursday, May 16th Mini Challenge

Tracking of food: Yes
    Under calories: No-Missed it by 21 calories! So I had a deficit for sure, at least
    Exercise: 60 minute walk
    Net steps: 10,159
  • erikNJ
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Pw: 204.2
    Cw: 201.2
    200-205 is my wall. Its where I lose motivation and usually give up. This time, slowly but surely and brick by brick, my wall is coming down.

First, great loss!
    Your observation hits home with me. I looked in my MFP history since 2012. I get to 241 and lose it. I dont want this to happen again. Let’s make a pact that we are both breaking our walls down!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ
    Thanks for saying great loss but I really just took off what I gained last week. Glad I kept going instead of giving up. Something in my brain wants me to stop here. I havent been under 200 lbs since 2001!
    I LOVE the pact idea. We can do it this time!
    Ok to add you to my friends?
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Week 3

PW 138.6
    CW 137.2
  • erikNJ
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @erikNJ
    Thanks for saying great loss but I really just took off what I gained last week. Glad I kept going instead of giving up. Something in my brain wants me to stop here. I havent been under 200 lbs since 2001!
    I LOVE the pact idea. We can do it this time!
    Ok to add you to my friends?

Of course!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    May 16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    28 min cardio video
    Steps:7591
    Water: 88oz

TGIF
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 3 – 5/17 - May Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – walking for over 2 hours, and then did Richard Simmons cardio for 20 minutes and toning for 15 and then Denise Austin arms and shoulders level 1 for 10 minutes
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    5/16/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 65 minutes walking

I will be doing some stepping again tonight. I upgraded to the Fitbit Versa today. That was a *kitten* to get all set up! Oh well! I love it so far, just have to get used to it! I was very excited that I fit the small band, where my charge 2 was a large! I have some strength that I need to get done tonight as well, for one of my challenges! So focusing on that and planning on going to bed early tonight.

@cmhubbard92, now I am scared to get a Versa....I am so tech challenged!! Maybe you can walk me through it if and when I decide to get one? Nice NSV on the band size!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Sunday 5.12.19: No
    Monday 5.13.19: Yes
    Tuesday 5.14.19: No

Wednesday 5.15.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no not really. I did some light housework to get ready for a couple of hours of puppy sitting. I didn't have to chase after the puppy as much as usual. I'm happy that I have been better about keeping under on the calories, though.

@brandi_84, getting the eating under control is the most important thing. You know what they say...you can't out exercise a bad diet!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May 16
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( a brisk walk mile and half)

@Nicoletime4me, loving the "brisk" part!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in Day

Last week: 160.6
    This week: 164

I had a very difficult and disappointing week. Hurt my back at the gym last Thursday doing deadlifts and have been out of the gym and work since then. This has resulted in me being around the house and the food more often. So frustrating because I felt like I was on a good roll there for the past two weeks.

@mickey10111, you ARE on a good roll...you just ran into a little road block!! I hope you're not in too much pain!! So you've had your pity party, like most of us would have done in your situation, but now it's over. It's time to focus on what you can do. I don't know what that is exactly, but you need to look for the positives. You may not be able to deadlift right now, but you are in control of what you eat. (hugs)

(My son hurt his back doing deadlifts as well. When I can nail him down, I'll ask him what he did for his recovery, specifically).
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miakelaa wrote: »
    Logged food: Yes
    Net deficit: Yes - Over 1,400 calorie deficit!
    Exercise: Yes - Orangetheory class and 40 minutes strength exercises

@miakelaa, that's quite a deficit...did you wake up starving this morning?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @HASWLRS I'm not going to weigh in for the rest of this month as I put on so much weight on holiday. I walked so much on holiday that I overestimated how many exercise calories I could eat. I always put weight on when I go on holidays and I usually lose it after a week, but I'm sure that won't happen this time.

I am so annoyed with myself. I really wish that I had been able to weigh myself on holiday - I'm sure that is what has kept me on track up til now

@prehistoricmoongoddess, welcome back! I am glad you enjoyed your holiday, albeit maybe a little too much!! I will transfer your weight over for May, and you can work hard at losing the holiday gain in the meantime!! The weight WILL disappear, but the memories are forever!!

@HASWLRS

I will weigh in next Wednesday. My weight gain must have been water weight as it is coming off rapidly.

I may be back to my last weigh in weight by next week if I am careful but if not I will not be far off.

I think it is important to get back to tracking.

@prehistoricmoongoddess, that is wonderful news that the holiday weight is coming off faster than anticipated!! And you are right, it is important to get back to tracking. So next Wednesday, whatever the scales say, good or bad (or good!), it will become your new re-starting point!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 194.8
    Todays Weight: 194.0

.8 lbs lost, I could let this upset me but I won't because it is still a loss and I know more will come off because sore from walking to the school the past 2 days in a hurry. Different hills to climb then my normal walks.

@jlbtnc, Yes, it is still a loss....almost a pound! And added to your almost three pounds lost last week, it still averages out to almost two pounds a week, which is perfect!! And walking hills is great exercise, for your lungs and your butt!!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weekly Challenge
    Day: thursday
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no

Thursday was not an awesome day.

Weekly Challenge
    Day: Friday
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, one hour walk :)

Friday was much better than thursday. Fighting a lot of cravings and urges which sucks, but we’re getting through. Long weekend of studying ahead again!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    May WK3

Struggled big time this week, issues with my son have stressed me out and messed up my 'me' plan, Although I have stayed under calories my choices and nutrition have not been great at all. Topped with lack of motivation to exercise have left me more than a bit down tbh.

Need to try and pull myself out of it. Out with friends on Saturday night so hopefully that will help with my mood and get m out of the rut

********* WEEKLY WEIGH IN ************
    PW 181.50
    CW 182.50
    1lbs gain
    116lbs total loss

@Tracie_Lord, I am sorry to hear you are stressed out at home and struggling with a lack of motivation to exercise, but don't despair! You are only up a pound from last week, but you are still down six for the month!! You yourself said you have been under in calories, but not making the best food choices. Since many "bad food choices" involve a lot of sodium, that right there could be the culprit!! Hopefully your Saturday night out will be the ultimate mood lifter!! (hugs)
This discussion has been closed.