WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 wow. that is a great loss. how is your puppy doing? are you all moved in yet?

@gottagetthisdown definitely have a talk with your nutritionist. let her know how you prepare your food. it can be done and it can be done healthy. I do most of my meal planning and prep work on Sunday. Then, during the week, everything is ready to just put together, 20 minutes tops. and your right sleep needs to be a priority for you. that is when your body does all it's rebuilding. a big part of successful weight loss is the proper amount of sleep. and what worked last year may not work again this year. just be ready for that possibility. you have changed since last year.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I got up early to walk on the beach and my hip is killing me. It has never been this painful. I have a doctors appointment the week after I get back. I will have to move it up if this continues. I did my stretches, took ibuprofen and iced it. Hopefully I can walk later. I am not sure if I pushed it yesterday. I did have a similar thing happen to me in Georgia and my friend thought it was related to the long drive a couple of days earlier. I forget the exact timing though. Oh well, I forgot I needed to wash a few of my Mom's blankets so maybe after lunch or after dinner I can wash them and walk on the beach between. The washer is 1/2 hour and dryer is an hour. I am staying in a VRBO condo and a nice lady who lives here full time told me one of the dryers work without putting money in! She told me she liked me because she was struggling to get in the door and I helped her. Lol! Oh well, I better get moving. I need to wash my hair again. I don't know why but it feels like I still have conditioner in it or something. I can't believe I would be so distracted during my shower that I wouldn't rinse my hair properly but looks like I did . Lol!

@Mrsbell8well I still think you should write a blog ;) but I will take a story...Lol! Have a great day!
    @cyndiesstuff Another good day! I like it! Sending good vibes your way for the interview! At least it will be a late night with good things. Enjoy! Love your plan for the day too. It was so weird yesterday, it was like a lightbulb! I am not going down that path again, you dragged me kicking and screaming from there and I am not going back Lol! Remember when you would post things like the one you posted today about patience and I would think you were speaking to me Lol! You are awesome! That is why I know you will do great today!
    @phoebe112476 Amazing loss! Although, I know you don't want to lose too quickly, I can't help but be happy for you Lol! I think it must be all the running around and getting ready for the move that is contributing to your loss.
    @gottagetthisdown I can see where it would be a better fit to have meals that can be prepped ahead of time, especially a busy Mom like you. I am sure if you mention this to the nutritionist, she should be able to guide you. It sounds like you have a good plan with the exercise and sleep. People seem to get busy and sleep is the first thing to get taken away. Have a great week!
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff How do feel the interview went? Sending good thoughts!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 56, married 35 years next month and have two daughters. Our oldest is 29 and has special needs and lives with us. Our youngest is married and lives in the next state over. We live in Central Illinois and I stay home and am the caregiver for our daughter. I have been trying to lose weight now for quite some time. I'm great at recording everything however it usually is way over my limit. Here are my goals:

Today - stay withing my calories, exercise, drink my water
    Week - get close to where I was before we went on vacation last week.
    Month - lose 5 pounds
    Year - lose 25 pounds

Yesterday
    Exercise - went to the gym and walked
    Water - not enough
    Calories - stayed under my limit
    Steps - 10,578
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @carlsoda it is just one day!! you can do it for just one day. thanks for the luck I will hold it for tomorrow. good job on your 1%!!

@sleepymom5 yeah they rescheduled the interview to tomorrow. I am really concerned about your hip. I am glad your a nurse. make sure to take care.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff don't think of it as one more day to stress but one more day to prepare. Good luck!

I like your circle goals too.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did not take that bike ride. Got side tracked by planning how to help a blind woman relearn to crochet - my project for tomorrow. I found a simple scarf pattern that is just single crochet and chain stitches. Hoping she will at least remember how to do those. I think she can feel the stitches to find where to make the next single crochet. What do you think, @GingerPwr ?

I stayed close to my calorie goal, did eat the ice cream and added walnuts to it so I got the nuts in. I got 7,056 steps plus 45+ minutes water aerobics. I consider that a good day.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @pacsnc6 omgosh you are sooo right. I need to practice what I preach!! thanks for the remind. your the second person today to remind me to be more positive. I think it was a great day, and sometimes walnuts have to have ice cream!! you could try to swap out your ice cream with sugar free pudding and put your nuts in there.

b902ss17fuhs.png

or try these,

Ingredients
    •5 ripe bananas
    •¾ cup sweet diced strawberries (can use other fruits, nuts or mini chocolate chips, I have also passed on the fruit and added 1/2 all natural peanut butter)
    •11 sheets of graham crackers

Instructions
    1.Slice bananas into disk.
    2.Place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
    3.Freeze for 2 hours or until frozen. (don't skip this step, I did once and the sandwiches were hard as a rock)
    4.Place banana slices in a food processor and blend until creamy.
    5.Scoop banana into a large bowl and fold in dice strawberries.
    6.Line an 8 x 8 dish with parchment paper.
    7.Spread banana mixture into the pan in an even layer.
    8.Freeze.
    9.Cut banana mixture into squares (use a graham cracker as a pattern)
    10.Assemble ice cream sandwiches.
    11.Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag to store.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    cb3sfiwcc5mn.jpeg
    This was on my table when I came back from a break. Uh uh...I turned around and put them on the table behind me. I love this candy but no way!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @amsandos I am glad you could use the info in that ted talk. sometimes they have some pretty great things in there. I have really been using meditation to calm my mind. and with the positive self talk I am a real work in progress!! and congrats on passing on that lemon cake. I know how hard that is for you. but every day you push that ball down the other side of the hill, the behavior becomes more automatic!!

@Mrsbell8well lol I can eat a whole handful of those, I have them in may candy dish at my office. but like @amsandos says, "Those are not for me"
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Monday
    Food: Logged somewhat, under I think
    Water: good
    Exercise & steps: Not much exercise; 13,123 steps

I've been busy getting my vegetable garden planted so exercise has been pushed to the back burner. The rule of thumb here in Montana is to not plant until Memorial Day so I'm not too far off schedule but I hadn't even had time to prep the garden beds or start some seeds. Was planning to scale back this year but I have a hard time actually doing that. So far I have tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, broccoli, assorted peppers and herbs. I hope to get everything done in the next day or two so I can make it to a yoga class this week. The Farmer's Market had pea shoots so I made a pasta dish for dinner with whole wheat fettuccine, mushrooms, peas and pea shoots. It was tasty but I'm not exactly sure of the calories.

@cyndiesstuff Good luck with your interview although I don’t think you need it! And remember you're interviewing them as well. No point leaving a job you hate to go to another one equally bad or worse!
    @sleepymom5 I’m so sorry your hip is worse. Traveling is hard on the body in ways we don’t realize/anticipate.
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! I know you want to lose weight slowly but personally I'm tickled to see you so consistently successful. Hope your dog is continuing to improve. Poor baby.
    @Shirin_K Ha I've had those months myself. Nothing like a little mathematical reality check to kick ya in high gear!
    @gottagetthisdown Gosh I think prepping can be such a lifesaving tool. I would hope your nutritionist can work some flexibility into her plan.
    @carlsoda I used to have a 3:00 afternoon sweet tooth. I managed to kick that but now I have a salt tooth that I'm having trouble kicking! We all have our weaknesses, don't we? And I think its perfectly acceptable to splurge occasionally when its something you love and enjoy.
    @pacsnc6 Wow, teaching a blind person to relearn to crochet sounds amazing. What a wonderful gift! I've tried to learn to crochet and haven't been able to grasp it. Maybe some day...

Gotta run... wishing everyone a great day!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Monday Check in

Food - Logged & under
    Water 1 l
    Exercise - 8477 steps & physio

Later check in but better late than never! I had another running gait assessment yesterday. It went well & she pushed me to run faster, which I did. Sports massage is later this week & it will be good for me, but ouch!

@cyndiesstuff - good luck with the interview! You will do great!!

@sleepymom5 - hope that your hip feels better! Best to get it checked out.
This discussion has been closed.