Under: yes
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    June 9
    tracked-yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes my back went out a bit today so my walking was ssslllooowww but I managed to get 10,111 steps in.
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning, its 8:13am and a rainy day out there fingers X not many rude customers this reminds me another mini challenge find another job!... what I really came on here for is I cant remember how to friend people so by all means if you would like to please add me :smile
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Post holiday weigh in. 168.5.

Great holiday, lots of walking but lots of extra calories too.
    Realised how easy it is to drink calories - I just have water, tea and coffee at home but had juice, smoothies, rich milky coffees and wine on holiday.
    My hip is holding up exercise at bit at the moment so really going to focus on diet this week.
    Glad to be back in the challenge!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Tracked, at calories (not counting exercise ones anymore), and 30 min walk

I actually find this helpful as well and has helped with my loss the past few weeks. I think getting those exercise calories back can be an excuse to eat more, so I just track food and stay under my calorie goal that way. Exercise is just for myself and the mini-challenge.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    6/9
    tracked: yes
    calories: no (I would have been under but my mother in law sent my wife home with a piece of homemade pie and I caved)
    activity: no, I got maybe 5 hrs of sleep the night before

Not the best start to the week but after the chaos of last week I guess I needed a day of nothing.
    I am hoping my job will get back to some level of being normal this week and maybe my life can follow suit. If my hopes are right I plan to get back to my gym routine tonight after work.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/08/opinion/sunday/women-dieting-wellness.html

This is a great article about intuitive eating, being kind to yourself, and not falling into unhealthy body comparisons and diet traps.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    In case anyone was curious, eating chips out of the bag while googling ways to loose weight isn’t a very successful technique lol 🙂Enjoy the week !

I do things like this way too often :D
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Friday, June 7th Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Probably not
    Exercise: Just a bunch of baking for the wedding shower
    Steps: 9,930

Saturday, June 8th Mini Challenge
    Tracked: No
    Under: ? Shower day, I didn't eat much, didn't have enough water, had a couple of glasses of wine and a few mini desserts. No clue about the day.
    Exercise: 2 mile run
    Steps: 9,688

Sunday, June 9th Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 11,675

It was a crazy weekend with family obligations. It was hard to find time to exercise, and I had little control over what food was served, and just tried to be mindful and eat appropriate portions. Back to it this week.

• jrh_this_better_work
    jrh_this_better_work Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Failed the Mini Challenge. Weekends are hard for tracking. I'm aware of what I'm eating and make specific choices, but just can't seem to get into the app on the reg. So, week 1 mini challenge

Sun: No
    Mon: Yes
    Tues: Yes
    Wed: Yes
    Thurs: Yes
    Fri: Yes
    Sat: No

Still, for June overall:

SW: 190
    GW: 185
    CW: 189!

Lost the pound I'm supposed to based on calorie settings in MFP. We'll call it good!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A not so happy rainy Monday here and it isnt starting like I planned... but guess this shows what I mean for needing real uninterrupted sleep. Bed at 1150 after all were settled in the house and I finished all the kitchen chores. Then hubby was off to work at 3 (I was up with him) back to bed and daughter at 420 so I woke up.. son and daughter out of house at 5 and 515 so awake for that.. up at 610 for final awake for youngest get him on bus at 7. Home to make meal plans, sat down and here it is 10am and I have been awake about 15 minute... guess the body said sleep.. even sitting up.

Now to meal plan quickly, get to store, home to prep dinner and get downstairs for home gym time as going to the gym is out today.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    June 9
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Step: 12192
    Water: 96oz
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Username: brandi_84
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting weight: 184
    Week 1: 184
    Week 2: 183
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @ susanpiper57 thank you for this article. It's a new day in the 'health' world as these convos are happening. As someone long proud of her weight, it still irritates me when sisters spend time talking about losing, losing, losing. I'm like, I just asked how are you, not what diet you're on ;) . In any case, thanks for that share!
  • danielletoynton9
    danielletoynton9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in

Last week 171
    This week 172

Not as bad as I thought! But hopefully a better week this week
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    June 9
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Step: 12192
    Water: 96oz

@murdog3t, good looking Sunday! Hey, Tami, are you aware that you didn't post a weigh-in on Friday? Or maybe you did post, but it didn't show up?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in

Last week 171
    This week 172

Not as bad as I thought! But hopefully a better week this week

@danielletoynton9, you knew it wasn't going to be great, so being up only a pound is actually a great outcome!! Still down three for the month!!
This discussion has been closed.