TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thanks @johicks for sharing your strategy with spouse's carby snacks!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Daily check-in
    I am hosting15 teenagers for a month so it's pretty wild. I live in a tourist area and my kid's friends and our relatives love to hang out at our place, especially in the summer. I have managed to stay away from flour and sugar but am still guessing on how much I am eating, rather than weighing. I know I am overeating on carbs, which I like to keep low but I am proud that I am at least I am back to guessing and writing that down. Once I fall off the wagon, it takes so long to get back on. I need to work on a quicker recovery. It has been at least a month since I have been recording accurately.

I feel for you! I find getting back on the wagon a real struggle (takes me on average about 3 weeks). Any tips you can share?

@Fivepts and @Perla4686 have either of you set a goal and reward for tracking? Let's say.....
    Goal: track no matter what for the rest of the month, every bite.
    Reward: a new lotion, candle, book to read....?! Something you want that's only a few dollars. But... Want to work for it and earn it. (Non-food)

@johicks this is SO smart! I hadn’t thought of this as a technique, but I love it! Honestly, the last day and a half or so, I have been sluggish, but this was the perfect motivation for getting off my butt! I definitely needed to read this today. Now I just need to figure out what my reward will be lol

Happy losing everybody!!!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did it! I got off my butt, and went from 650 steps all day to over 4700 in 40 minutes! I’m exhausted, but I’m proud I did it!!! (It’s kind of a bummer that it took extrinsic motivation, butwhatever works lol)

Here’s to whatever motivates everybody to get up and move!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Pretty good Monday. Didn't have much going on today. Work, home, bootcamp, back home to relax.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Good night my friends! A peaceful night and a restful slumber bringing you a great start tomorrow!
    Daily Post (Monday 6/17)
    Calories: under 1200
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 15+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =59 mins
      =35m: morning workout
        [+]5m w/up [+]24m Cardio & Resistance “Workout Challenge #2 w/Dumbells” -BodyFit by Amy (38.5min video) [+]6m cool down
      =11m walk to mom’s
      =12m walk to work
    • One post-dinner snack: NONE.
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!
    My thighs are somewhat sore from squats, you know… hard to sit on the potty.. LOL But other than that, doing great. Was surprised that I could do 24 minutes of the workout. The other video I tried by her I could only do like 8 minutes. Wooohooooo progress! Hubby & I have tentatively planned 3 dinners, so that should help me the next few nights. :) I’m doing what I can JUST FOR TODAY. And will do it again tomorrow. One day at a time. One night at a time. Sometimes one night at a time.
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Daily: monday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
    Day: Woke up with the stomach bug my family had last week. Able to eat and drink again this afternoon. Reminds me to be thankful for my body and my health.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday June 17:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: strength training and a walk
    Goal/Day: Today was a good day. Started out with weightloss, workout, work, then tonight my daughter had a semi formal for school. It was so fun. I can't believe how quickly the kids are growing up.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @johicks Way to go on your workout! You are getting stronger. That potty sitting pain is a good thing. Its working girl. Awesome that you and hubby have planned out some meals. That will help a lot. You're doing awesome. Have a great night.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Calories: just over
    Macros: Good
    Water: meh...

I haven't posted in a couple of days, but the above pretty much describes my weekend. I maintained thoughout, and I am feeling more motivated now that I have gotten over my a small hurdle.

I did see in my quick scan of the weekend @johicks mentioned small rewards for goals. I had been thinking of a couple of items but they are higher priced and I don't want to feel guilty about over spending. Also, I don't need new clothes. So while trying to think of smaller goals, I realized new under things every few lbs down would be smart and helpfull to my wardrobe. At one 155, new underwear. 150 new camisoles. 145 new bras.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 203
    Today's Weight: 203
  • johicks
    Options
    No matter where you are in your journey or what level, there is something that you can do today to exercise and improve your health and subsequently increase your weight loss! Be strong... JUST FOR TODAY!

c4e5ba6rcdnw.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    List of 30 Positive Affirmations for Weight Loss
    I believe in my ability to love and accept myself for who I am.
    I set myself free from all the guilt I carry around the food I chose in the past.
    Every day I am exercising and taking care of my body.
    Healing is happening in both my body and mind.
    Every time I inhale, fresh energy fills my entire being and every time I exhale, all toxins and body fat leave my body.
    My health is improving more and more every day, and so is my body.
    Everything I eat heals and nourishes my body, which helps me reach the ideal weight.
    I am closer and closer to my ideal weight with each and every day.
    I am so happy and grateful now that I weigh __________ kilograms/pounds. (Fill in the desired number)
    I can do this, I am doing this, my body is losing weight right now.
    I am letting go of any guilt I hold around food.
    Eating healthy foods helps my body get all of the nutrients it needs to be in best shape.
    I am closer and closer to my ideal weight with each and every day.
    I feel my desire for fat-rich foods dissolving.
    I have a strong urge to eat only healthy foods, and let go of any processed foods.
    I am the best version of myself, and I am working hard to become even better. I will lose weight because I want to, and I have the power to do this.
    My body is my temple, and I attentively take care of it every day by eating only healthy foods that heal and nourish me.
    I am aware that my metabolism is working in my advantage by helping me in gaining my optimal weight.
    I am attaining and maintaining my desired weight.
    I have the power to easily control my weight through a combination of healthy eating and exercising.
    I am grateful to my body for all the things it does for me.
    Every cell in my body is healthy and fit, and so am I.
    I feel my body losing weight in every single moment of the day.
    I always chew my food properly so that my body can digest it and take out the nutrients I need to lose weight.
    I believe in my ability to change my habits and create new, positive ones.
    I no longer feel the urge to stuff my body with unhealthy foods, and I can easily resist temptations.
    I enjoy life by staying fit and maintaining my ideal weight.
    I am capable of achieving my weight loss goals, and I will not let anything stay in my way until then.
    I accept my body exactly the way it is and I constantly work on improving it.
    I completely understand that unhealthy foods do not help me lose weight, so I eat only healthy, nutritious foods.

https://enlightenmentportal.com/affirmations/positive-affirmations-for-weight-loss-and-confidence/
  • johicks
    Options
    List of 30 Affirmations for Confidence
    I am a confident person who is respected by everyone around.
    I am a unique and worthy person, and I deserve everyone’s respect.
    I accept myself, and I love myself for who I am.
    It matters little what other people say. What really matters to me is how I react and what I believe in.
    My mind is filled with positive thoughts, and I understand and let go of any negative thought patterns.
    I breathe in relaxation and breathe out stress.
    I respect myself, and so do others around me.
    I choose to accept myself exactly the way I am, and be happy with my life.
    I appreciate every single thing I have in my life, and I live in absolute joy.
    I feel the excitement when life brings challenges to me, and I gladly accept them without any guilt or anxiety.
    I replace “I must,” “I have to” and “I should” with “I choose.”
    I trust myself, and I have the confidence that I am a worthy person everyone respects.
    Meeting new people is easy. I can create supportive relationships and make new friends without feeling anxious.
    I acknowledge both my qualities and defects, and I always strive to improve.
    I am a focused person, and I will not quit doing anything when I feel challenged or wronged.
    I am kind, loving, compassionate, and I truly care for the people around.
    I inhale self-confidence and exhale fear and anxiety.
    I have integrity, as I am a reliable person and I always do exactly what I say. Everybody can trust me.
    I trust and believe in myself, and I let go of the negative.
    Being alive makes me a happy person.
    Being myself is good and rewarding, and I always perceive challenges as opportunities to prove my abilities.
    I deserve all that is good in this world. I release any need for suffering, and I can feel happiness, confidence, and love getting into my body, mind, and soul.
    I am enthusiastic and energetic, and confidence is an important part of my nature.
    I am healthy, well-groomed, and good-looking, and I acknowledge both my inner and outer beauty.
    I thrive on my absolute self-confidence. My life is beautiful, and I enjoy every single moment of it.
    I never compare myself to others, as I understand my uniqueness.
    Every time I inhale, confidence fills my entire being and every time I exhale, all guilt and shyness get washed away.
    I accept myself the way I am, and I am getting better and better in everything I do.
    I am a person who easily accepts new challenges.
    Change is inevitable and I accept it wholeheartedly.

https://enlightenmentportal.com/affirmations/positive-affirmations-for-weight-loss-and-confidence/
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF JUNE THE BEST!
    LET'S LOSE!!
    TOGETHER!

v4ch1gp8kwol.gif
  • johicks
    Options
    @Perla4686 ~ You’re welcome. I too have a hard time throwing away leftovers. My husband likes to eat a different dinner almost every night. I USED TO eat seconds just so there weren’t so many leftovers. But now I pull out the baggies and a sharpie to mark the bag, then make portioned meals for lunches or when he makes something I don’t want to eat. He’s the cook in the house. A darn good one. He’s why I gained my weight… LOL… not me him. Hahaha… wrong! No one has force fed me, I did it all on my own. Just like I’m going to lose this excess, all on my own. You can do it! You are right on the edge. Feel it! BELIEVE IT!! Make the freezer your best friend--- not seconds. Do you read or say any affirmations? Do you weigh and measure your food? Are you journaling? How can we help? Write yourself a letter… this is why I am choosing to make these tough decisions daily …….

@klilev ~ Woohoooooo! NIce loss. Great job! I’m glad you posted! I missed your week #2 weigh-in, so thanks for putting your PW in also. The hikes sound awesome!! I like tracking (or pre-logging) my food. It helps take the emotion out of eating. And even when the plan isn’t going accordingly, it’s easy to adjust than go in blindly to make decisions. Sometimes it can be frustrating! Like when hubby cooks something other than what we discussed for dinner. But, I’m trying to take deep breaths and go more with the flow. As this is MY new lifestyle, not his. Monday is done! You’re doing great… keep it going. And hope you feel better.

@skullsandskeletons~ You’re welcome! When you find your “trick” please share with us. Sometimes those little tips truly do help. They help us make good habits, as motivation dies down our determination and habits need to be stronger. Right!? Right! Way to start the week out with being on track for Monday! :)

@red1185~ I can’t take the credit for the idea of setting goals and then rewarding self for achieving them. It learned it over the years. It helps take the focus off the scale and helps one develop good habits! So what if it takes extrinsic motivation. We want to develop habits! Like I posted above, our feeling of motivation dies down. We need to build our habits and develop our determination. And if a reward helps then great! As some get stronger and healthier, they may make the reward more accomplished or inspiring… like running a 5k. :) Whatever makes you move, or choose to not have seconds, or to make good choices; then do it! Make it work for you. And by all means please share. As we know, every journey is different and you never know if you can help someone else with just a small moment that is HUGE in your life. You’re doing great! You did!! Awesome steps in 40 minutes! Wooooohooooo!!

@ajaia2001~ Monday Monday! You did it! :) Awesome!

@jupdyke~ Motivational Monday posts all day! Tracking 🗹 Calories🗹 Exercising🗹 A good day🗹 Enjoying your children🗹 Inspiring others🗹 Supporting others🗹 Thank you!!

@JamieD328~ An alright Monday! Yeah! Glad you’re getting your mojo back. I’m glad you’re thinking of rewards. I like those ideas. I try to reward myself on my actions and achievements, versus the scale. As I find it easier for me to work on those things (exercise 6x/week, exercise 30mins/day, # of nights w/o binges, choosing veggies every dinner, more fruit throughout the day, drinking 8+ water/day) for the reward to help build my habits. If I focus on just the scale, I get to easily disappointed, then am off-track again. I’m with you on being budget-friendly. Sometimes pulling out a pair of pants I want to fit back into helps, too!!

@Jactop~ You had an awesome week #1 loss, so nice maintain. It’s “weigh” better than a gain! :) Keep checking in and working hard. I’m excited to make my own gummies soon! Thanks for sharing!

Okay.. it's time for me to be stronger than my excuses! Hubby just got up, so I can make some noise now. I think today, it's going to be dance videos!! Check in with you all later.

Have a great Tuesday!!
    Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

• Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Daily check-in
    I am hosting15 teenagers for a month so it's pretty wild. I live in a tourist area and my kid's friends and our relatives love to hang out at our place, especially in the summer. I have managed to stay away from flour and sugar but am still guessing on how much I am eating, rather than weighing. I know I am overeating on carbs, which I like to keep low but I am proud that I am at least I am back to guessing and writing that down. Once I fall off the wagon, it takes so long to get back on. I need to work on a quicker recovery. It has been at least a month since I have been recording accurately.

I feel for you! I find getting back on the wagon a real struggle (takes me on average about 3 weeks). Any tips you can share?

I am sorry to say the thing that got me back on track with tracking was stepping on the scale and seeing the weight I have gained this past week while sporatically tracking. I have managed to lose 33lbs and I sure as heck don't want to gain it back. I am actually scared to gain it back, so I am going back to doing what I know works: tracking everything I put in my mouth, only guessing when I must, taking my scale with me if I know I will be eating out, trying to keep my carbs low and not eating after 8pm. I have got a lot more to lose and am seeing how quickly I can slip into old patterns.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in and in my case, confession
    Tuesday
    What I did well: I weighed and recorded everything I ate today, down to the grape!
    What I haven't been doing well: Not measuring; instead, I have been under guessing obviously, fudging on syrup in my coffee, binging on nuts, ignoring the sugar in my yogurt, and ketchup, eating fries and potatoes cooked in oil, overlooking honey in tea, and overdoing milk. All of this has caused me to be eating more than I am burning and thus the weight gain.

Today was a new day and I plan to make this next two weeks much better. No excuses. Excuses have not served me well in the past. I have a house full of guests but I cannot use that as an excuse to neglect my health.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Over, 1682/1360
    Day: Worked from home today, which usually results in a low calorie day, because when I don't have traditional time structure, I forget to eat or skip breakfast and lunch without realizing. Buttttt my roommate ordered pizza and insisted after declining several times that I take a slice. I mainly took one just so she would stop and I could go back to working....I should've only eaten half or not eaten it all in retrospect, but it is what it is. I am still under maintenance cals and I had a really solid weekend, so moving on
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!
    Just wanted to post a small check in. I am still here,plugging along. trying to stay on track. Trying to figure out what macro ratio is best for me. Keto didnt work. I felt deprived and ended up binging. this happened last time I attempted keto as well.
    I am just going to eat a balanced diet. I've been successful doing that in the past so I am going to do it again. Trying to make this a lifestyle change.
    I have managed to maintain a 100lb loss, I think I can manage to lose 45 more.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
This discussion has been closed.