WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING! (sorry to break up the discussion!)
    Wednesday Weigh-ins for tomorrow - HEADS UP!
    @Fourathomej
    @karenesg
    @offitgoes
    @SueSueDio

NOTE - @bfitb440n2022 : your weigh in was not done on time last week, so you were entered as a NWI (no weigh-in). Please submit your weight on Saturday before midnight (your time zone) or you'll have a 2nd NWI and be put on the drop list, and we don't want that!!!! The weight you just sent in with your steps won't count, so you have until Saturday to get to work and lose a bit! Good luck <3
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar...I was inputting my stats on the beat your best spreadsheet and noticed that we have a newcomer this week whose totals are not included in the "total" formula for either team. I don't know which team he or she is on, but their username is @shockvalue07.

Thanks! She is on the Workout Warriors, and I'll check the formulas on the spreadsheet. She didn't show up last week, so I'll make sure it is all working. We are more even now - we have 5 team members, and they have 4 now. Cool!

By the way, the "beat your best" and the "game on" are two different things. This one is the "game on" challenge between our two teams. It is confusing!

Thanks for knowing which one I was talking about @jugar . By the way, where is the week 3 challenge? Did I miss that post?

• evangsimmons170
    Options
    I am blown away by the beautiful discussion going around WHY. @zlauerMom - what a story. It is so difficult when someone we love, and who has such great potential, has terrible blind spots. Let's all lose our blind spots as much as we can - that's a great WHY right there. @Terytha - fear often wears off as a motivation. Do you have some positive WHYs for yourself? Not to make your husband's life easier, but what about for you? I hope the rest of the team shares these stories about their answer to the question why. It is inspiring, and more authentic than many of the motivational kinds of posts that have a lovely effect but might not last. Thanks again, @evangsimmons170

Just keeping it real 🙂
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I am blown away by the beautiful discussion going around WHY. @zlauerMom - what a story. It is so difficult when someone we love, and who has such great potential, has terrible blind spots. Let's all lose our blind spots as much as we can - that's a great WHY right there. @Terytha - fear often wears off as a motivation. Do you have some positive WHYs for yourself? Not to make your husband's life easier, but what about for you? I hope the rest of the team shares these stories about their answer to the question why. It is inspiring, and more authentic than many of the motivational kinds of posts that have a lovely effect but might not last. Thanks again, @evangsimmons170

Sorry. I picked up negativity as a habit from my parents. Sometimes I don't realize I'm doing it again until someone calls me on it.

I put some real thought into this again, into me, and sorta have an answer. It's more of a feeling that's hard to put into words though. I felt it while I was doing the 500 Squat Challenge. If I had to describe it, I'd call it the feeling of It's Not Enough. I haven't done enough, I haven't pushed myself hard enough, I haven't found my limits for real and I want to know what they are, because I think I can go further. I think I could surprise everyone, even myself. But I need to be stronger and healthier for that first.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/16/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 9,498
    Water (in oz) = 25

6/17/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 10,532
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/18/19
    Exercise minutes = 97
    Steps = 12,341
    Water (in oz) = 64

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Did a little better on our Game On Challenge. Managed 83 minutes of exercise. I am getting blown away by people who are putting 2 hours in though. lol. :D
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 3
    PW: 188
    CW: 186.2

Coming soon... my WHY
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    UserID: fourathomej
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 3
    PW: 149
    CW: 149.2
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    The book I mentioned is "The Last 15" by Joey Shulman.

Just checked .... it IS in my public library

Not in my library so ordered from Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation B)
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am out of town this week. I will weigh in on Thursday.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @karenesg Very nice weigh in!! WTG!!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/16/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 9,498
    Water (in oz) = 25

6/17/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 10,532
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/18/19
    Exercise minutes = 97
    Steps = 12,341
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/19/19
    Exercise minutes = 120
    Steps = 19,997
    Water (in oz) = 80

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did a little better on our Game On Challenge. Managed 83 minutes of exercise. I am getting blown away by people who are putting 2 hours in though. lol. :D

I've been feeling a bit badly about not being able to post big numbers for exercise. LOL
    When I did two hours it was by accident. I worked out for an hour when I got up. Later in the day my daughter asked if I wanted to walk the bike trail with her. Mentally I thought ouch, because my calf has been bothering me and I'm trying to give it a break. However, when your 18 year old couch potato who is nervous about going off to college for the first time asks, ya gotta say, "Of course!" Actually I said yes right off. I didn't think about my calf issues until we started out.

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @jugar I hope your taller half has a quick recovery!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, everyone -

We had a rough night and the pain is pretty wicked today, but I think he'll get through it. He IS being kind of stupid about his meds. Convinced they don't work. Doesn't want to take them. Sometimes he is the world's oldest living teenager... (something my 90 year-old dad claims to be)

I'm enjoying your news, though. @andreabroadley 83 minutes of exercise and @evangsimmons170 upping the steps and exercise a LOT! You are both hitting it - your WHY will keep you going towards your new you. Keep up the great work!

@tdrjustus3 no problem for weigh-in today.

@fourathomej - thanks for sticking with your weigh-ins even when things are not moving much. Is there any way we can help you get the numbers sinking again, or are you hitting maintenance?

@SueSueDio - glad you're sticking with us too!! Getting back into the swing is a good move. Now get the logging and exercise in a slightly tighter frame, and you'll be losing, I'm sure! Thanks!

WEIGH-INS DUE B)
    @offitgoes
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    qf5kbpptxssd.png
    TEAM WASITAWAYS
    PLEASE WELCOME @Hcat35 AND @Davelocklear
    THEY BOTH WILL JOINING THIS TEAM
    PLEASE MAKE THE FEEL WELCOMED TO THE TEAM