SoulSister's OMAD journey

Replies

• SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member

Today i have my visiting old friend 'the voice'.
    It says 'oh it's soo haaard' (in a whiney voice) and similar things.
    When I catch the voice in action I question it - is this really hard?
    Well right now when it talks it is not in the least actually. I'm feeling very good as a matter of fact.
    (I guess this is the lower brain trying to coerce to follow old habits - I really want to read more about this (habits, lower brain etc) - any book recommendations?)

Maybe the voice reared its ugly head as I was juice fasting yesterday - which actually is going very smoothly. I'm amazed as I never have imagined myself as someone who can do fasting.
    It actually feels so good that I will do more of them and also I want to try to slowly extend them and maybe ultimately do 2-3 days as well just for fun. :D

My weight loss is now slow with OMAD as I don't have the self discipline to eat small meals (maybe that's a next step). I usually eat on the go as well which is not ideal (and expensive). So I will start incorporating juice fast days for now and see how that goes.

I'm at 155 pounds which is considered healthy at the BMI system (I'm 5'9) and finally i have reached 80 cm waist as well, fitting into most UK 14 clothes. I have to change my entire wardrobe at this point as my old clothes look like tents on me - they go to the bin (joy of joys). My largest pair of trousers (the only large one that i kept for comparison) was size 20. I put it on today and it was quite astounding.

However I want to get to lower weight as I have a small frame and this I think is still too big. I really want to reach 150 lbs soon (before the end of the summer) and also 140 lbs (perhaps this year) then maybe 135lbs or 130lb (but that remains to be seen how it looks and feels when i get there). My UGW is 137lb at the moment so range wise 130-137 lbs. I'm not really in a particular hurry so if i reach 130 lbs at the end of next year I'm ok with that. Rather do something relatively painless than hit it hard and quit cause its too difficult. It really is for my satisfaction only. :) Anything below 150 is a win.

I'm surprised how many people comment negatively about my weight loss. For example:

So don't you have loose skin? - No. - Well you have to be careful not to have loose skin.. (?)
    So do you now have an eating disorder? - No, but i certainly had one when i was 210 lbs.. (?)
    You lost so much weight what do you do? - I eat less. (Then they frown as this is too simple maybe?)
    You lost so much weight, I also should start exercising. - Well, I don't exercise (Then they frown I don't know why)
    You lost so much weight you cut out carbs haven't you? I could never live without bread - I didn't cut out carbs, I eat whatever and don't like low carb diets (when they again frown for some reason).

Strange about all the projections and frowns.
    I really have no intention of arguing or convincing anyone.
    I just needed to lose weight as I realized that my past eating habits and the weight issue can't go on. I realized they would end very badly for me and that was the reason.
    I have no intention of changing anyone's opinion, i don't really care who eats what and who is on a diet and who isn't.
    People ask ME questions and then they don't want to hear the answer or frown. Weird.
    I have no agenda here apart from getting down to my GW.
    Writing here is helpful as I can see my own progress (otherwise I tend to forget) and maybe because I have been there. When all feels hopeless.
    Its not at all hopeless. Its very possible. We are all proof of that.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That was very insightful. Whether it is our own "voice" or the "voice" of others that judge, you have to do what is best for you and ignore the rest. You have done AMAZING --starting at 210 and down to 155 that is just incredible!!!!

I am sure you will reach your UGW soon ---for me as well, it is coming off more slowly now, but I also have to realize that with so much lost, it will.

Ignore those voices you are doing great!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You are amazing👍👍👍 210 down to 155..great job👏👍❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Amazing insights babe <3 You're amazing...ignore the haters and we'll be fine :)
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    edited June 2019
    10/01/18 - 210.0 lbs (SW)
    15/09/18 - 173.0 lbs
    29/09/18 - 170.8 lbs
    13/10/18 - 170.2 lbs
    09/11/18 - 169.6 lbs
    23/11/18 - 167.4 lbs
    07/12/18 - 167.4 lbs
    21/12/18 - 165.4 lbs
    11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs
    22/02/19 - 158.6 lbs
    08/03/19 - 158.7 lbs
    12/04/19 - 159.5 lbs
    26/04/19 - 158.4 lbs
    10/05/19 - 156.6 lbs
    24/05/19 - 155.3 lbs
    07/06/19 - 157.5 lbs

Oh dear!

This is starting to feel like last year all over again (I copied my last year numbers on top) when I was at the curse of the 160s for so long it seemed i will never get out.

Yes maybe I did eat a tiny bit more these past 2 weeks and also widened my eating window to 2 hours instead of 1 sometimes (I was hungry!).
    Sometimes it feels like I will just never get down to 150 lbs or even reach 150. Mind you I would be so happy with 147 that I might just keep that for a while as a short term goal weight. So I really really want to reach that. 157.5 is not really where I want to be.

It happened the same way last year so will keep it up! I wish I had the willpower of people with 1 plate rule or not eating anything unhealthy etc. I need to focus!! :/ Not easy with summer and also business trips etc.

Just wanted to show that this is not a linear process, I think that's why its hard. Its hard to focus for long on the goal mentally when you see no results or going backwards.
    Today I am struggling not having breakfast again. I actually was thinking that I (to avoid diet coke) started to have another diet drink and that might cause some insulin irregularities that's why these 2 weeks were that hard. Also chewing gum! I did have some recently and that is also throwing me off balance - I never used to be hungry but nowadays I am.
    Anyway will stop both & monitor and see what happens.

On a positive not my clothes are loose and I had to change my entire wardrobe. Just buying smaller jeans too.
  • volgirl1322
    I totally feel the same way sometimes that is why we all realize the struggle is real and the smaller you are the harder it actually is. I have been slacking the past couple of weeks as well so i totally understand. You know what works, and you will get there it may take a bit longer than you want. I understand the struggle!

Great NSV --new clothes are always nice! I went shopping this past weekend and had to get new capri pants and jeans mine from last year were huge it felt so nice to get the smaller size! And in some shirts I got a Medium :) that felt really good!!

Congrats on your NSVs!!! Stay strong! <3
  • jadepearl
    I know how you feel❤️ and I am totally struggling these past few weeks😞 I love buying new clothes especially small sizes clothes😍😉
  • mistymeadows2005
    It's definitely not linear babe, and you're doing great! Slow progress is permanent progress <3

Diet drinks don't bother me or affect my weight loss at ALL but I think I'm in the minority there - most have issues with it either causing insulin issues or cause cravings.
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    Thank you ladies I really appreciate your kind words.

Just for the record i wanted to say that i weighed myself today (as yesterdays result was disappointing) and i was 155.8 lbs today. Pheeew. Seems this was just fluctuation. Nevertheless I decided to eat home cooked meals when i can and cut out chocolate and chips as much as possible. Also i will try to go back to the 1 hour eating window. Adjusting..
  • jadepearl
    Yes, fluctuation happens and even though I know it does, it still upsets me if I see the scales going up😂
  • mistymeadows2005
    #ContinuousImprovement
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    Although this is not my weigh in time I was 154.3 lbs recently. So it IS happening. I started to really focus and lower my calories. We shall see but I am not stopping here!
  • jadepearl
    Cheering you on from Down Under 📣👏👍❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA nice babe!!! Let's go! 140s for both us soon <3
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    I bought a nice food journal I thought that would motivate me to get through this last part of the journey. I have not received it yet but looking forward to it. It has coloring section and all :) I have to say that i find omad-ing easier without the diet coke and chewing gum and artificial sweeteners. Somehow I do think that some of the artificial sweeteners and diet drinks (not all) do impact insulin. I also looked at the calorie count and some beverages are higher on the calorie scale even if diet (ie 9 calories for a glass so I can't have 2 glasses). Anyhow i am not drinking any diet sodas for now only water and tea and see what happens. But my hunger is much more in check i have to say.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Meh, I'm not convinced it causes an insulin reaction but I DO believe that it makes some people hungier so it's harder to OMAD...that'd explain the correlation part anyway. Post a pic when you get your journal!
  • jadepearl
    I am trying to cut down on the diet soda too but its so hard :( Do show us your food journal when you get it, ok? :) Cheering you on from Down Under! <3
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    edited June 2019
    10/01/18 - 210.0 lbs (SW)
    15/09/18 - 173.0 lbs
    29/09/18 - 170.8 lbs
    13/10/18 - 170.2 lbs
    09/11/18 - 169.6 lbs
    23/11/18 - 167.4 lbs
    07/12/18 - 167.4 lbs
    21/12/18 - 165.4 lbs
    11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs
    22/02/19 - 158.6 lbs
    08/03/19 - 158.7 lbs
    12/04/19 - 159.5 lbs
    26/04/19 - 158.4 lbs
    10/05/19 - 156.6 lbs
    24/05/19 - 155.3 lbs
    07/06/19 - 157.5 lbs
    21/06/19 - 154.8 lbs

Well, I take it! :) I really hope this will speed up a little. I did start to lower my calories for now as I'm fed up with the plateaus.

The food diary is called 'my foody diary', if you google it you can see. I chose it as it doesn't have breakfast lunch dinner breakdown - well I obviously don't need that - just one box for one day. I think its geared for ww or slimming world as there are points but i thought i can put the rough calories or 1 plate there instead of points. Anyhow, this is just for a bit of fun and tracking. :)

Cutting diet soda is hard! I totally agree, I think they are addictive. (I had a diet coke yesterday ouch :# )

Also I think i will do the weigh in results every 3 weeks not every 2 weeks here. It is just getting too long and for showing the trend it is enough..
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice loss babe! I love a good food journal but I'm terrible with them if they're not digital - I'm RELIGIOUS about logging on here though...bordering on obsessive :D (DEFINITELY obsessive according my SO LOL). But I think it's important to see, even if it's a free day for me and I've had 4500 calories...and that DOES happen sometimes in the life of Steph :p