Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Where is @scaryann. I miss your encouragement, and I need it right now. Hope you are doing well.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    I am not sure where you are on the journey corinasue1143. I feel you. I’m just struggling with any sort of routine lately.
    I miss this board! It’s not very active. I’m not a Facebook or Instagram person or any other major platform. MFP is basically all I “do”.
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Wow guys, life really caught me unaware!!! I'm so sorry to have been gone for so long. I'm still here and still plugging away. Rick and I have turned our chainmaille into a very slowly growing business, so my days have been spent weaving chains and building our business. I'm sad to say that I fell right back into my old ways of eating and by the time I took time out from my schedule to see how I was eating, I was right back to around 1200 calories a day. So I'm back to working on keeping a good eating schedule and trying to keep up. LOL

I got an AFO (Ankle-foot orthotic) in January, it's AMAZING! I can walk again!!! But, now it's pushing the pain farther up my leg into my knee and hip, but I'm not giving up. I'll get fully on my feet again. I'd be totally insane by now if it wasn't for my chainmaille though.
    My new AFO:
    e0nxo3jb2h6d.jpg

My dreamcatcher design:
    isgslqt2r4cl.jpg

Well, got to run. Lots of things to get done before the market on Saturday!
  • scaryann1
    Sleep study done last night.

c0l5jj22iv4o.jpg

I'll find out how many times I quit breathing in my sleep at my follow up appointment, but I do know it was enough times that they hooked me up to the CPAP around 1:30 AM.

Finally starting to get some answers after all these years!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    That's actually probably good they hooked you up during the study - that way before and after results and the differences between them, and was after CPAP good enough.
  • scaryann1
    Exactly what she said this morning. Now I don't have to do the overnight next week.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love your new orthotic! It’s so bright and cheery. You can’t help but be happy when you put that on in the morning!
    It even brightened up your new earrings. Which are beautiful!
    Hope your sleep test helps!
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    I’m very much sharing in the struggle to eat more. I’ve lost 25 lbs and have built muscle. I’m glad to see others sharing in the same struggles.
  • scaryann1
    This week went fast... We had a wonderful Lavender festival this year! We may have had torrential downpours (at one point we were sitting in three inches of water) but there were so many people!!! We had an amazing amount of sales. Enough that we were able to buy a new canopy with walls! Yesterday we picked up three 16 lb spools of 20g aluminum wire for $100. I should never run out of 20g aluminum rings. LOL Now if we can only find deals like that on the rest of the sizes.

Jun 30 - Jul 6
    Average Daily calories: 1644

Now I guess I better get started on my day.

d7df08wb7r6s.jpg

And here's a picture of Letchworth State Park (We stopped on our way home from picking up the wire)
  • scaryann1
    I feel like I'm going to explode, but I'm doing a lot better on calorie intake so far this week. I picked up my cpap machine today and got it all set up to use tonight. I'm actually ready for a nap now, but I'm forcing myself to stay awake :smiley:o6morle97mor.jpg

I'll let you know how the first night goes and if my cat will even come near me with the mask on. LOL
  • scaryann1
    The poor cat was scared ****less. She did get brave enough to go so far as to lay on my knees. LOL She normally sleeps on my hip. 2.9 episodes per hour last night. No where near as bad as I was afraid of as my cousin was at 30/hr when she first got hers.
  • scaryann1
    Bugga Boo is finally used to the CPAP mask. I've been averaging about 4 apnea's per hour this week. I've slid back slightly on the calorie intake, but not too bad.
  • scaryann1
    I can't express how crazy life has been since I started selling my chainmaille jewelry. I often forget to log what I eat and I can't even remember the last time I stepped on the scale. I still forget to eat some days, but I still feel like I have improved the way I eat from how I'd been eating before starting to eat more. I honestly don't feel like I've lost any weight, but I'm okay with that, as learning to eat has been an adventure in itself.

Here's my new favorite bracelet:
    stgm6h8xdomf.jpg

And the same weave in a larger ring gauge:
    ujlki0bgtqrs.jpg

• scaryann1
    I just finished my sleep apnea follow up appointment. I've gone from 88 episodes per hour to two per hour! Huge improvement. :smiley:
  • That sounds like a huge improvement. Do you have a website for your bracelets yet?
  • scaryann1
    Yes I do. You can find me on Facebook as Designs by ScaryAnn and at DesignsbyScaryAnn dot ecrater dot com
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks... what is the item name. Can’t seem to find that exact bracelet.
  • scaryann1
    If you are looking at the last two I posted, they aren't on the site, they were wedding gifts. But I can make you one in almost any color combination you want. The pink and black one is made with a smaller gauge wire so it takes more materials and longer to weave and runs about $65 and the blue and black one is around $45, it uses larger rings and doesn't take as long to weave. They are called Triple Strand Byzantine. I do have a mauve and black one finished, it's one of the $45 ones, I will get a picture of it tomorrow or Saturday and post it. If it wasn't one of those two, if you can tell me what post it was in I can let you know if I still have it, or I can make another one.
  • scaryann1
    Here's the mauve bracelet.
    4q6l0rgxuqz2.jpg
    wkkmh5zx36a1.jpg

I'm listing it right now.
  • scaryann1
    dizr5v4d4y6d.jpg
    My newest necklace. Stainless Steel 20 AWG 3/32" rings.

The colder air is starting to settle in here in Western New York and my body sure doesn't like it! I'm aching in places I didn't even know could ache. :cry: That doesn't keep me from creating though! The market season is almost over, only three more Sundays to go. I only have one or two craft shows a month for November and December, but hopefully this will allow me to recover from the summer craziness. I'm so glad we scaled back to two markets this year. You wouldn't think that doing markets would be so exhausting. I'm ready for some time off.

7sks9afuw3ec.jpg