Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Two weeks after finding I have a stress fracture of a metatarsal, the good news is I can get out of the boot half days now. The bad news is I still have to DNS the BAA 5K and the Boston Marathon this weekend. Going to have as much fun as I can being a spectator and talking to first-time Boston runners.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Flint Hills Trail Marathon tomorrow (Manhattan, KS).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Anyone else running Big Sur tomorrow? I’m on a relay team for the last leg.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Who is in for Philly Broad Street Run on Sunday?

Goal for the race is under 1:15. Realistically I have a shot.

Trying to let my ankle heal a bit before I blast it apart again this weekend. :D:D:D
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've got the Indy Mini on Saturday. Trying to break 2 hours, I just might do it.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Flying Pig half marathon on Sunday. I plan to run this one easy and enjoy the crowd. Hoping I can stick to the plan.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Superior 50k on Saturday
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Country Mile at Ganondagan (fka Charlie's Old Goat Trail) tomorrow, a 5 mile trail race. I managed a road 5K two weeks ago, tomorrow I'll see how unprepared I am for trails.
  • lporter229
    Options
    Doing a fun, family oriented local 5K this evening. Last year I won my age group and the prize was a pair of Goodr sunglasses, Balega socks and a t-shirt. It was hot and humid last year and my pace was barely faster than my half marathon pace. Tonight will be even hotter and I have been nursing a bum hamstring, so I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I probably shouldn't even be running this race, but it's a fun after party with a crowd of familiar faces and who knows, maybe everyone in my age group is injured and I can score another pair of glasses.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Superior, tomorrow and Saturday.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Chicago Marathon on Sunday
  • lporter229
    Options
    Good luck @7lenny7 and @T1DCarnivoreRunner ! I am also racing Chicago this weekend. Would love to PR, but I am leaving it up to the race gods to decide how I feel on Sunday. My main goal is to have a good time, so if I am not feeling it, I will lay low and enjoy the crazy atmosphere that I heard makes Chicago so awesome!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @lporter229 Which corral are you?
    I am in K.
  • lporter229
    Options
    I am in K.

I am in E. So far, weather is looking promising, although maybe a little windy (go figure). Have you run Chicago before? This is my first time. I am wondering if the urban course and the crowds will help make the wind a non-issue.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I am in K.

I am in E. So far, weather is looking promising, although maybe a little windy (go figure). Have you run Chicago before? This is my first time. I am wondering if the urban course and the crowds will help make the wind a non-issue.

I have not run Chicago before either, but here are some things I've heard on Facebook:
    -GPS will not track properly in the early part of the course due to towers and tunnel. Some suggest switching to manual lap mode for each mile, but I'm just going to not worry about it. I'll have the time and the miles from mile markers.
    -Miles 7-11 are most windy.
    -There are 2 bridges, sounds like early on in the first 5 miles somewhere, with grates. They put carpet over the grates to help runners, but will need to be extra careful not to trip on those bridges.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Attempting my comeback from the sports hernia on Sunday at the Harrisburg Marathon. This wasn't on my original plans for the year but since both plan A and B got canceled due to injury I'm in with plan C. :D
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Monterey Bay Half Marathon after spending the summer rehabbing ITBS. I'm hopeful that a) I won't get injured again, b) I might set a PR, and c) the race doesn't get cancelled again this year. It was cancelled last year at the last minute due to smoke from the Camp Fire, but currently the fires in California are 100% contained and we all hope it stays that way.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I am running Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (start in about 1 hr.) today and the Louisville Marathon tomorrow.