WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Show Me The Green Challenge

I have everyone's green challenge added thru here. Go to the spreadsheet and check it out. Scroll all the way to the right and you will see your pledge if you have made one there. In the column just before it you will see finale with total loss. so that you can see if you are on track to make your pledged amount.

Who else would like to make a pledge?
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Green challenge:
    I will lose 1/2 pound each week - 2.5 for the month
    I will track my food every day and try to meet my calorie goal
    I will do some extra moving every day - walking or bike rides if it's no too hot

Today I have a water aerobics class
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy July! Happy Canada Day to fellow Canadians!!

@amsandos - congrats on the triathlon. I'm so impressed!!!

@McKay85 - welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!!!

Sunday Checkin
    Food - great
    Water - not enough!!
    Exercise - not enough!!

Today's Plan:

Food - is all preplanned out - I know what I'll make for supper but just trying to decide if it will be beef or chicken based :)
    Water - working on my first 16 oz's right now
    Exercise - 12,000 steps plus yoga!

Day 1 of Whole30 is starting out good!!

Update on my issues last week - first load went out on Friday (yay!!!) now to get the rest out this week! AND...get caught up on all my other work!!

Also, short week at work! We leave early on Wednesday and get Thursday and Friday off. We're planning to hit some state parks for some hiking! My goodness I need a 4 day weekend SO bad! We're also looking at our fall vacation and deciding when to go. We always like to go somewhere after all the kids go back to school. Thinking Duluth and North Shore for 4 days. Love Lake Superior and the clean crisp air up there. We stay at a lovely AirBNB home up in the woods with a woodfire finish sauna and a wood stove in the house and it's such a good deal to stay there. Cheaper than a hotel room and we get a whole house!! One year we went to the Black Hills and had such a fun time there, but that was pre-Lucy days, I really don't want to leave her for too long :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful successful day 1 of July!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - I'll be doing yoga stretches in my chair today!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Julie8468 hey girl! I love your goals for July. and good job at using those 4 circles. keep that front and center. put them on your frig and read them every day. we are going to do it this month. are you going to make a pledge for the green challenge?

@Mrsbell8well hi twinsie!! you are looking lovely in that polka dot suit! sooo sticking cute! you day sounds super busy. get your water and get to it!! and as for the blackberry bars..... yessssss please, you know how I love diet food!!

@sleepymom5 did you ever do that eating challenge in the beck diet solution? I know it scares you but it really will help you with your feelings around food. it was hard but worth it. in the one chapter it talks about logging your feeling with every meal, as your eating it. it helps you to learn what feeling satisfied feels like. also, what I had heard on a podcast (don't know which one, I listen to a lot) but instead of leaving food on your plate, try putting a smaller portion on your plate, then going to the table to eat and when your finished, give yourself 5 minutes to really think about if your are hungry or not, and if you are you can go back and get some more. sometimes just breaking the cycle, the routine, makes you realize it is time to stop. and the doritos thing floored me. normal eaters don't even think about eating when they are no longer hungry. this may never be us. but we certainly can get in a habit of saying, "I AM DONE" lets do this in july pam. we are going to move that scale.

@carlsoda you are so lucky you enjoy your job. I am so hoping that my new position will be more engaging. the whole 30 is a great program. I hope you have more success with it this month. yoga in the chair!! get it done girl.

@pacsnc6 Hey Patsy!! you have really been doing awesome. what is your plan for losing 20 more pounds? be specific about what you will do daily to meet that goal! wooo whoo we are going to get it done in july!! I love your july goals.

@bmaison2014 that is just a small gain. what will you do differently today to change your momentum? make a commitment. lets get that scale moving in the right direction in july! come on.... we will do it together.

@ljdanny Hi Tracy!! purple and grey is sooo pretty. did you ever figure out your baby shower problem? And your son is such a strong young man. tell him, from one car accident victim to another, that someone from Michigan thinks he is awesome. and do more that move your food scale!! lol turn in on and use it!!!

@nstephenson01 Hey lady!! 50 and fabulous!! that is Nancy. you are building a great new you. I love how far you have come. and glad that you are here with us. and you are so right. country life will make you realize real fast that you have been living sedentary. you are amazing and I have loved watching you thru your journey.

@Shirin_K we are going to miss you and remember you can still drop by and comment any time you want and we would truly enjoy that.

@twyla77 TOM will do that to the scale. I know you enjoyed that beautiful weather by that amazing walk you had. good job getting out there. and july is the month you are going to lose that 4 pound. we will do it together. lets jump into july and be happy to live our lives and be on track at the same time!!

@phoebe112476 ohhhh yea girl. look at all the amazing things you have been doing in your life. you are truly an inspiration to us all. you keep working your plan phoebe.... and smile.... it looks good on you.

@McKay85 it is really nice to "meet" you. hmmm life sure can be tough sometimes but tough times don't last forever, tough people do. and you are proof of that. you are here learning how to live your life in good times and bad and still take care of yourself. one of the biggest hurdles you will face if changing your relationship with food. starting a journal really helps get your feelings out on paper. come here and write about it too. we have all felt the same way as you to one extent or another. and we are a great source of support and information.

@amsandos ohhh ma lady. sorry about the gain. good job completing your triathlon. muscle fatigue could have something to do with it. and remember, it was you who started the saying, "That's not for me!!" get back to it. this is not a diet, it is a life style. start rolling that ball down the other side of the hill. we can do this. 100 bike ride? wowow you are a rock star! lets get this going!!

@Moarrein you have been a great addition to our team. your momentum to get this done is truly praise worthy. and just the fact of knowing that you have to translate everything on this thread is a testament to your commitment. do the daily planning thing! I love it. how did you do on the chair exercises?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily check in: Sunday
    Food: logged and under
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise & steps: 30 min bike ride and 5,151 steps

Great day yesterday and planning to repeat today! One thing I am especially proud of is that I was able to not snack last night. I had plenty of calories for a snack but didn't have it on my plan. I actually wanted to emotional eat very badly but I made myself peppermint tea instead. Today is a beautiful day so I am going to get out there and enjoy it!

My exercise today is going to be bike riding and hopefully kayaking. I am also hoping Daisy will go on a 20 min walk. She hasn't been up to it lately. She just goes out to relieve herself and wants to go right back in.

@McKay85 Welcome! I think this team will be a good fit for you. I love Seattle! What a beautiful part of the country to live. Awesome goals for this month. I am glad you are here and I hope you check in with us at least daily!
    @amsandos Congratulations on completing your triathlon in that heat AND STILL getting your personal best in two of the three events! That is awesome! I love how you already have your sight set on another amazing competition in September. We do miss you checking in but know how busy you get. Hopefully you can check in more. Are you doing your 24 hour plan? I think getting back to the basics is a great way to start the month!
    @Moarrein Looks like you had an fantastic weekend and a great day planned! July won't change too much day to day so keep on posting. You have been an awesome addition to our team!
    @cyndiesstuff Looks like things are going well for you lately. I am happy to see that. Sorry I messed up the weights. I thought it was the goal weight not pounds. That's why I shouldn't do things in the evening Lol! Sorry you had to re enter everything..
    @pacsnc6 Nice goals for the month! Let's make July our best month yet!
    @carlsoda Great plan to start the month off right! I am glad that you work situation looks like it is getting sorted out now. I am also happy you have a short week and get away after that stressful week! Your fall plans sound lovely too. We are still deciding where to go this fall.
    @nstephenson01 I am not sure if a 90min yoga class counts as a rest day! Lol! I know what you mean though, you are not doing anything additional. Sounds like you have a great day planned and are starting the month off right!
    @GingerPwr Sounds like you also have an awesome plan for the month! I was so happy to see that you posted. Happy July!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I guess I need to actually say I will make a commitment to get off of this rollercoaster in order for it to actually happen. Well I'm saying it now, I will no longer allow myself to stay on this weekend rollercoaster I will plan my weekend eating or remain cognizant or what I am eating and doing. Today is a new day a chance to start fresh. After work today I am going to take a nap then clean my kitchen while I wait for my daughter to get home from camp. We are having Bobo's chicken for dinner tonight, it is fried chicken and heavy sides but it is what I have a tatse for today. I have eaten light so far today so dinner I can eat what I want. I will get my exercise in today whether it's in a class or doing weights and cardio at home. I have only had 24 oz of water today and I would like to get that to a gallon by the end of the day.

I saw the nutritioist last week and I told her my intentions for last week but I did not carry them out. My children were not home for 2 weeks and I took full adventage of it. I didn't stay on top of much of anything because they were not home. I see the nutritionist again next week and we will go from there. I have to get back to checking in on a regular basis and being honest with myself on what I'm doing wrong.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ha ha @sleepymom5 I guess a 90 minute yoga class isn’t exactly resting. I hope Daisy is feeling better. Maybe its the heat. My dogs don’t tolerate the heat now that they’re older.
    @cyndiesstuff same instructor but the goat yoga was a one time event. LOL I just use Miracle Grow once a week. The dirt we put in the raised beds isn’t very good.

Thanks all for the -2 +2 explanation. I like Phit n Phat’s podcasts but guess I haven’t gotten to that one yet.

Love reading about everyone’s summer vacation plans! Living vicariously through you all!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @McKay85 Awesome loss! Give yourself credit for making a plan and following through! The scale certainly is reflecting that! Don't look back, you aren't going that way. Just go forward and kick butt! I am glad you are working on positive self talk. It is really important to be kind to ourselves. Hot Yoga! You will have to let us know how you liked it. I am also happy to hear you are going to get to box this week. I know you were saying how much you love it. Enjoy!
    @gottagetthisdown Don't beat yourself up over this. Sounds like you already have set yourself up for a successful week. Remember to make a plan. It makes things so much easier. Hopefully now that the kids are back that you are able to get yourself into a good routine. I know you can do this. When you are focused, you can kick butt!
    @Cafelelia Your vacation sounds wonderful! I don't think you have to go to the cheer squad but I will have to check to see about the 3 weeks. Since the 11th is on a Thursday, just weigh in early that week and also weigh in when you get home. I think it would just be the two weeks if I am looking at it right. Hope you had a nice Canada day!
    @amsandos Thanks for posting the race pics! You look great!
    @nstephenson01 Daisy is feeling better, they put her on an antibiotic. She isn't too great in the heat either, she lays on the bed, in the AC watching the other dogs jump in the bay. Lol! She has no interest in going out there in the heat.
    @Mrsbell8well Well said! I still am surprised how unexpected things that come up don't derail me anymore. I actually feel myself heading that way and remember that I can make it through without having to throw all my progress away. I make plans, even in the stressful times and it really helps. It is truly life changes that make this work.
    @Barbb1557 Welcome! Thank you for the introduction! I am from PA too, I am outside of Philadelphia. I think you will like this group. Sounds like you have a good plan for the month. I am glad to hear that you are going to the trainer again. You did this before so you know you can do this again. Portion control is something I am working on now too. I tend to over eat a lot. I am doing better though. Try to check in daily with us and review your prior day and set your goals for the next. Just look through the posts, you will see how we do it. This is a very supportive group. We tell the good, the bad and the ugly so feel free to open up.
This discussion has been closed.